Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise: the Movie

vCash
    Thanks for the list of theatres, Sylvia. I'm glad to see that my one of the theatres in my town will be showing this movie -- it's one of only six in the state outside of the Chicago area to be screening Rise.

vCash
    I have a few options... but I also have a Girl Scout cookie delivery that's probably on that day....

vCash
    I'm surprised there's only one showing in winter sports mecca Wisconsin, and that it's in Kenosha (right over the border from IL). Maybe they'll add some more?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I'm surprised it's showing anywhere near me. I expected to have to go to downtown LA to see it! Maybe I should go to LA LIVE anyway. Worlds 2009 memories!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I am thrilled that one of the Cincinnati theatres is only about twenty minutes away from my house! I wasn't sure if I would get to see the movie in a theatre or not.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I wasn't expecting a theater in Ventura to show it, but one theater is doing so!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I am so envious of all of you getting to see this.

Thanks for the listing of the theatres showing this. I posted a thread about RISE over at the Other Movies forum of the LOTR MB I belong to and it's gotten quite a bit of interest. They'll all be interested to find out if it's showing anywhere near them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    I wasn't expecting a theater in Ventura to show it, but one theater is doing so!
    FSU meet-up!

vCash
    Any idea how much the tickets cost? Are the seats reserved or general admission? I'd like to put together a group to go locally, but when I click the Ticket Info link I get a list of theaters near my zip code, and not any price information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Any idea how much the tickets cost? Are the seats reserved or general admission? I'd like to put together a group to go locally, but when I click the Ticket Info link I get a list of theaters near my zip code, and not any price information.
    Sylvia posted upthread that there is a "suggested" cost of $15/ticket, but that theatres will be able to set their own prices, with a portion going to the USFS's Memorial Fund. As to whether reserved or general admission, that might also depend on the individual theatres.

vCash
    Thank you, Sylvia!!! I will recruit our synchro teams to go see it. . . Maybe it'll inspire us for the weekend competition that follows

vCash
    I wonder if they will do some type of "50th Anniversary" memorial tribute at the next world championships ?

vCash
    Thank you, Sylvia! the 17th is a Thursday, isn't it? Hope I can go, especially considering it's playing at my local movie theater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    I wonder if they will do some type of "50th Anniversary" memorial tribute at the next world championships ?
    Dunno, but the whole 1961 team is being inducted into the USFS Hall of Fame in Greensboro.

vCash
    So weird that one of the theaters in Michigan (Oxford) is a dinky theater in a small town. There are huge theater complexes in suburban Detroit, and they choose Oxford. Great for me living close, but a weird choice.

vCash
    I just purchased my tickets. Thanks Sylvia
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Oh yay, I'd hoped it would be showing in Ypsilanti Wonderful.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Wow, there is a showing in South Bend, or near enough!

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    I saw commercials for this during the Skate America telecast I sooo want to go see it!! Skating, history and a documentary in one? I'm sold. Bad thing is that our lease is up in Feb(yea!! Goodbye Vegas) and we are either moving back to Pasadena or to Orlando. As long as we leave Vegas I'm happy, but I don't know where to buytickets for. Hopefully they will continue to sell tickets for the showings for awhile. If they sell out whichever place we go, buying a DVD might be the only way for me to see this.

vCash
    I can't believe there's a showing in Concord, NC (about half hour from me). I suppose I'll be there all alone because I don't know anyone who watches figure skating in my area. But who cares? The film looks fascinating!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast