Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I found someone who's doing recaps of each episode, and though I haven't seen any of the miniseries yet, I have to say they're pretty funny. The recapper agrees with those of you who think it's boring.
    My new siggy?
    You kicked your husband out, you miserable floozy, eat the whole chicken by yourself!
    And the description of the sex is just .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I ran across Mildred Pierce in the bookstore today, and out of curiosity, I read the ending. It's a very good ending. But I still think the murder story works fine, too.

Spoiler

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post

Spoiler

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    The characters in this story are insufferable. I'm going to slap them all. Some of them three or four times. And then a fifth--just for fun. Seriously, there's not a single perosn in this story that I'd root for, especially the main characters. And Melissa Leo is damned annoying in this role.

I'd rather watch Law&Order reruns.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I'm looking forward to Evan Rachel Wood starting next week. I think she'll be amazing in the role of older Veda. She seems to have that haughty attitude down pat. Plus, since she always dresses in that 40s kind of style, you know she'll look gorgeous.

I agree that the characters are pretty slappable, though Mildred wasn't so bad this week, and Melissa Leo actually did something for once. I don't mind the ex hubby though.

vCash
    Really? I thought Mildred was worse this week. The woman has pride in all the things that don't matter and none of the things that do.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Really? I thought Mildred was worse this week. The woman has pride in all the things that don't matter and none of the things that do.
    She won't win any 'person of the year' awards, but at least she was working hard at her job, tried to do something for her brat, and tried (then succeeded) in standing up to Greasy.

I kind of like how the main character isn't exactly one that you automatically feel sympathy for. Yeah, she started out the series broke with an adulterer husband, but most of her hardships have been brought on by her own attitude issues. I find we're usually forced to try to find likeable things in main characters in series, and I like how they don't make Mildred out to be a saint.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234