Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    About four years ago, I was with my (extremely flamboyant) friend, who is also a huge FS fan, at a Duane Reade in New York City. We saw Nicole, looking glamorous as usual. Of course my friend went nuts and ran up to her, practically drooling!

She was as sweet and nice as she could be, and said "I love New York, you'll probably see me just about any night at the Roxy!" As you may know, the Roxy was a huge club, famous for having a "Studio 54" feel--it was known for being a fun, dance and party scene, with the occasional celebrity in attendance. It was also known for having a drug scene. My thought at the time was that she was young and on her own, probably relishing in the spotlight of being accepted at a trendy club like the Roxy. (By the way, the Roxy was shut down shortly after that because of a drug raid, and even after it opened up again, it closed its doors permanently just a little while later.)

When I heard of Nicole's recent problems, I couldn't help but feel she may have just been seduced by the drugs, without realizing she was in a downward spiral. I've seen it happen to good people.

Just a gut feeling. This was a great article--I wish Nicole all the best.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDrop View Post
    Scoaching probably would not pay the bills for the rest of their lives although coaching seems to be a popular destination for them almost by default.
    The coaches in my area who actually put some work into building up a client list and go a good job make good money. Some of them make 6 figures. That's pays the bills just fine.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    It sounds like she's trying hard. Good for her. I really hope she can keep it up!
    I agree. It does sound like she's up to turning her life around.

vCash
    Happy to hear that Bobek has supportive friends and family and a job, and that she's still her forthright and funny self. It is hard to stay clean.

vCash
    She definitely sounds like she's taking it seriously, especially her attempts to get her registration as a criminal done - going multiple times, despite the computers being down. And she seems to be following the guidelines laid out for her.

I definitely wish her all the best.

vCash
    I'm glad they gave her another chance, and that she's taking it.

In my opinion people like her don't belong behind bars, not should they even be labeled criminals. Good luck on continuing your recovery, Nicole.

vCash
    Thanks for posting the article. That was a really good read. I always thought Nicole was one of the most musical skaters out there. I really hope she keeps it together now and moves forward. I like that fact that she is working at the rink, just doing what needs to be done. Shows a really down to earth person. Good on her.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    What a sad story. She's always been so charismatic and had such a light in her even if she had a hard time making the most of it and getting it all together. Meth is a hard addiction to break. I'm hoping that she'll be among the minority that are successful.

vCash
    I'm glad she seems to be rebuilding her life. I'd love for her to get her skating back and be able to perform more. She sounds like she's on the right path. I'm tempted to write her a letter of support.

vCash
    I really hope she can keep herself together. This article was a great read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12