Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fat City, USA
    Posts
    1,864
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    I think the only thing that would really shock me now about Lady Gaga is if she wore jeans.
    Ask and you shall receive.

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/lady-...-normal-things

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,489
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    Ehh, they look randomly cut off midway, so those don't count, lol. I meant more like a jeans and a plain American Apparel T-shirt combo.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    849
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I actually think it looks very nice ...

    Looks like pretty red fabrics from distance.

    I wonder why she is doing this shoot, besides publicity.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hungary
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,291
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think she is an idiot and a freak. She is only a product of a clever marketing industry that realized that most pop idols look the same and that the scene needed a new face that sets itself apart. The problem is, she does not create art, whatever she does or makes makes people vomit indisgust. She is not normal and I'm stunned anybody believes she is original or inspirational. (that's why I'm so mad at Johnny too...)

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    True, but she does like to go on about "creating art" like she is the only musical star to ever incorporate artistic influences into what she does, or like her audience is too dense to recognize the art references in her work/image.


    Why would her talking about creating art make her think she is the only star to ever do so?

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,878
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Did anyone see Kate Walsh's sushi dress on The Tonight Show last night? It was hilarious.

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Ent...sage_on_Video/

    Despite any of her real or imagined flaws, this is why I prefer her to all the others in popland these days.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,268
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    29999
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Why would her talking about creating art make her think she is the only star to ever do so?
    I didn't say she thinks she is the only star to ever create art. I said that her talking about creating art *makes her look like* she thinks she is the only star to have this brilliant idea.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hungary
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,291
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ITA.

    Besides, people only think she is unique in her weirdness because the Army of Lovers were so far back in the ninetees. At least they did it with style.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,353
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3933
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Ent...sage_on_Video/

    Despite any of her real or imagined flaws, this is why I prefer her to all the others in popland these days.
    A full two minutes of that video was spent on her calling her senator and waiting on the phone. All I could think was

    'stop calling stop calling I don't wanna talk anymore! I left my head and my heart on the dance floor'.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,824
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    I think she is an idiot and a freak. She is only a product of a clever marketing industry that realized that most pop idols look the same and that the scene needed a new face that sets itself apart. The problem is, she does not create art, whatever she does or makes makes people vomit indisgust. She is not normal and I'm stunned anybody believes she is original or inspirational. (that's why I'm so mad at Johnny too...)
    I think its possible other people give her ideas, but I really don't think she is a "product" of marketing in the way someone like Britney Spears is. There is just no way she would be able to pull it off IMO. I mean can u imagine Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson trying to do something like this? Or other singer songwriters such as herself like Norah Jones or that girl who sang "5 thousand miles" or whatever that song was called? Even Christina Aguilera would have a hard time as she always seems to be tongue tied and confused when giving interviews about her projects. I agree a lot of what Lady gaga says is horse shit but I also believe a lot of what we see is actually her and not her doing what her marketing people tell her to. There is just no way she would be that comfortable.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    ...I agree a lot of what Lady gaga says is horse shit but I also believe a lot of what we see is actually her and not her doing what her marketing people tell her to. There is just no way she would be that comfortable.
    As an example, her people were trying to get her to release 'Dance in the Dark as the 3d single from her 'Fame Monster' album. But she insisted on 'Alejandro' and got it. Small example, but shows she is not wholly obedient to TPTB.

    I also heard her talk about 'The Fame Monster' and how she was influenced by the industrial sounds coming out of Germany and Russia. To dovetail to your post, I don't see Spears, Simpson et al able to grasp concepts like that

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Turzynbaeva is the new Gedevanishvili
    Posts
    8,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    did they cook it afterwards?

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,824
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    As an example, her people were trying to get her to release 'Dance in the Dark as the 3d single from her 'Fame Monster' album. But she insisted on 'Alejandro' and got it. Small example, but shows she is not wholly obedient to TPTB.

    I also heard her talk about 'The Fame Monster' and how she was influenced by the industrial sounds coming out of Germany and Russia. To dovetail to your post, I don't see Spears, Simpson et al able to grasp concepts like that
    I know what interview you are talking about and that is exactly the interview I was thinking about when I was typing out my thoughts. She just sounded too comfortable and knowledgable and believable in what she was saying- by just sounding confident and giving examples about what she was talking about. That was actually the interview that made me a fan and understand her a little bit better.

    Here is the first part of the interview. I think there are two or three parts.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiYM-OzG6yw

    I do wish she released DITD instead of Alejandor though LOL. That was seriously the worst song on the album.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jersey of course!
    Posts
    997
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4
    I think Lady Gaga is a talented musician, and she does look comfortable, as comfortable as wearing this can get.

    I'm just ticked off when people claim she's original. The way I see it, she's a cross between Madonna and Bjork, borrowing their sensuality and primitive "oddball" quality, respectively. This is not a slight to her. After all, she pulls if off like no business! But the aforementioned two women and other past musicians have done literally everything, from coochie flashing to looking like an alien. The only "original" thing Lady Gaga has done is pretending to have a penis, but gender bending is nothing new in pop culture.

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    Posts
    6,127
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Madonna did everything before gaga, that's why i find gaga boring.
    Nope. Madonna is both a crappy singer and a horrible actress. Lady Gaga is good at both. Plus, Madonna has zero personality, she's all fake. Lady Gaga, on the other hand, oozes charisma. And I'm speaking as a non-fan

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,463
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    What a waste of money... and meat.
    And oxygen.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    And oxygen.
    Did you know that one of the few countries 'Alejandro' went to #1 was....wait for it....P-O-L-A-N-D ?

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    1,891
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I made a hair dress in art college. :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •