Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Tanith's position on that rotational lift has gotten much better. She used to look, I don't know, floppy, on it, but now she's holding her frame much better. L&K really did a lot for their skating.
    I was going to mention that lift too. It is really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    zomg....Johnny is CHUNKY. That pink waistband is unfortunate.

Funny, during the competitive season Johnny was criticized for being anorexic skinny, now that he's at a healthy weight he's chunky. I'm sure if he was competing this season, he would be at his competitive weight of under 130 pounds.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I missed Michelle's first skate, but I got to see Winter Song so I'm happy.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    IMO, Weir looks much better than he did during last season. He was starting to look frail and wayyyyyyy too skinny. He actually looks healthy now.

moving right along
    vCash
    welcome to the world of snark, kids. if you can't figure out how to play, you'll never have any fun here.

vCash
    Wow, the sports report afterwards: with a host wearing a brown/red plaid jacket, French blue shirt, and red/green striped tie. Nearly competitive with my dh's purposely uncoordinated outfits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Funny, during the competitive season Johnny was criticized for being anorexic skinny, now that he's at a healthy weight he chunky. I'm sure if he was competing this season, he would be at his competitive weight of under 130 pounds.
    Johnny was unhealthy and truly skinny to the point where it was worrisome a few months ago. Anyone who isn't training at an intense level will gain a little bit of weight and Johnny's always had a very muscular bottom half. That being said I can't believe there are actually people calling him fat when he's still so tiny in person and you can literally count his ribs when he has his shirt off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_sari View Post
    FSU is totally stuffy. I feel like I'm being transported to the dark ages when I read these boards. All of that to do over Evan's Body Issue photographs. It's one thing to criticize a skater and it's another thing to nitpick. It feels like Johnny gets nothing but nitpicking from people who are seriously offended or made truly uncomfortable by the way he presents himself.
    So why are you here? LOL!

OK I had a family crisis and missed this. Anyone know if there is any chance Universal will replay?

vCash
    I feel sorry for Ashley Wagner, she was the only skater not shown and I don't think that was right. She may not be a medalist but to totally ignore her is so wrong, IMO.

vCash
    my ears.....
    Seriously. I feel a migraine coming on.

vCash
    welcome to the world of snark, kids. if you can't figure out how to play, you'll never have any fun here.
    I know how to play. It's just going to be hurled in the opposite direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Seriously. I feel a migraine coming on.
    'twas not my favorite rendition of "Dream On" either. . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    IMO, Weir looks much better than he did during last season. He was starting to look frail and wayyyyyyy too skinny. He actually looks healthy now.
    Agreed. I actually had a hard time watching him land jumps earlier this year because his legs were so skinny it seemed like they would snap when he came down on them.

vCash
    My friends and I adore him.
    Thanks for telling us this. We never would have guessed otherwise.

I know how to play. It's just going to be hurled in the opposite direction.
    The main thing you seem to know how to do is mindlessly attack anyone who dares to suggest anything remotely negative about JWeir. Sorry, that's about a -3 GOE for snark.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I feel sorry for Ashley Wagner, she was the only skater not shown and I don't think that was right. She may not be a medalist but to totally ignore her is so wrong, IMO.
    I was at the show and she was deservedly chacked. She was really out of her league performance-wise.

vCash
    and that was a great standing ovation the crowd gave him. There were tons of Johnny signs in the audience. He brings in a huge contingent of fans so he must be doing something right.
    I dunno. I was in the audience, and although Johnny did receive a lot of applause it was nothing compared to what they audience gave Stephane. I didn't see "tons" of Johnny signs, either, most of them were for Michelle and Yu-Na.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I dunno. I was in the audience, and although Johnny did receive a lot of applause it was nothing compared to what they audience gave Stephane. I didn't see "tons" of Johnny signs, either, most of them were for Michelle and Yu-Na.
    Stephane is made for show skating. Those programs he did were electrifying. No question. I'm also in agreement that these weren't Johnny's best performances. He was tons better in China only a month ago. It was obvious he was injured. I can't wait until he pulls out some of his old competition programs too. However there were tons of Johnny signs in the crowd. Maybe it was the area you were sitting in, because a bunch were even caught on camera and in stills. He was second only to Yuna in sign support.

vCash
    However there were tons of Johnny signs in the crowd. Maybe it was the area you were sitting in, because a bunch were even caught on camera and in stills. He was second only to Yuna in sign support.
    Were you actually at the show? Are you saying that Oreo who WAS at the show doesn't know how to count?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Were you actually at the show? Are you saying that Oreo who WAS at the show doesn't know how to count?
    Yes because I actually said Oreo doesn't know how to count. I personally know one person who was there who actually took a cell pic of how many Johnny signs were there. There was actually one little section that was littered with them. I can post the pic for you if you'd like. Also there were two fan groups of Johnny's there that brought signs and ran out of them because so many people were requesting them when they passed them out. I counted a ton of Johnny signs during the live broadcast in Korea and NBC's as well.

vCash
    Well, after all sign support is the MOST important thing at a show...

Usually I like Johnny's Pokerface, but you could tell that something was just off in that program. And those shoulder poufs...ick, ick. Go back to the first costume. Wish they would have shown his other programs, but Pokerface is the outrageous one, so of course they go with that. Not a bad skate, not great either.

Patrick Chan - I think I have just become a fan... As for Stephane, I am in LUUURRRVVE. He is a born performer, tied with Michelle's Winter Song for my favorite program of the show.

Virtue and Moir: I love that version of IWTHYH; however, the skate was just meh. I agree, can they please do something other than "we are so in love" programs? And would someone get Tessa out of the skating dresses meant for adult skaters my age??? I understand modesty, but her dresses make her look old. A smoking hot dress would do wonders for her.

Tanith and Ben: Wonderful, wonderful, much fun. I want them to skate forever.

Aliona and Robin were beautiful, but I wish she'd ditch the DWTS spray tan look. Beautiful program.

Shen and Zhao: Gorgeous, sensual, they are my all time favorite pair and this program should tell anyone why. Absolutely wonderful.

YuNa skated beautifully, even with the jump pop. I like Bulletproof, loved the costume but would have preferred it without the jacket.

Michelle, ahh, Michelle. While the first program was not her best, Winter was breathtaking. It is an interest contrast to see her with YuNa and to compare their solos. Michelle, to me, is the hands down best. There was nothing tentative there, she was beaming from ear to ear during every program. You could just tell she loved being there and was enjoying every edge, holding every position, feeling it from her toes to the tips of her fingers, and that is what really sets her apart. That was what really defined the differences between the two of them. Michelle feels every movement. YuNa is an amazing skater and a deserving champion, but she just doesn't have that "soul" (for lack of a better word) that comes out in Michelle's skating.

I was very please that they showed so many programs; I expected less than what we saw. It was a phenomenal show - kudos to YuNa and team for putting together the best skating show I've seen in quite a few years.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast