Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    My friend is flying Korean Air in December. I told him it looks like he's in for a VERY sexy flight if those commercials are accurate.
    Is that the one with the champagne cork popping suggestively?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    moved to Great Skate Debate's All That Skate LA thread....
    Last edited by Skate Talker; 10-11-2010 at 07:42 PM.

vCash
    for me impressed with how many numbers i saw, 11 saw versus 9 numbers not seen,
    skaters i was impressed with
    stephane lambiel and michelle kwan
    stephane for making me want to come on us and forget he can't spin and/or jump like he used to.
    michelle for improving since korea and skating as well without skating on tours, shows for the past 4 years.
    yu-na for trying, some of her reaching out will come naturally.
    now numbers i wasn't impressed with but thought who skated well part of that is due to fact skating on shows, tours, competively for past 4 years.
    zhen & zhou, virture and moir,
    german pair team i am neutral.
    didn't like johnny weir number at all --nothing to it.
    the boy's number didn't make sense like the singers or dancers to me they won-only skater who showed them up was stephane.
    the girls she so lovely was okay--
    hero was better her than at korea.
    this is my impression overall just glad we got to see it on tv and how many numbers we saw,
    to me being ogm medalist should have skated better and conncected to audience but due to new system can't and personally think it hurts. but can be overcome look at lambiel-he overcame new system
    they pair and dance ogm skated well just for us didn't connect.
    patrick didn't connect either. you can tell he was just happy to be there.
    wonder what happen to johnny pokerface--didn't like at all.

vCash
    Oops wrong thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Damn Tufts for offering her admission to grad school.
    Seriously! You can go to school all your life, you certainly can't skate at that level for very long at all. So shoot me

Just as a comment on the "chunk" remarks. Of course Johnny was chunky, very few skater (or gymnasts) don't look "chunky" even a few months after the Olympics. Yu Na was also much heavier, ditto Tessa Virtue - who cares, I'm sure they are aware and when it's time to compete they will get it down again.

As to Weir - he is in a niche of his own. People love him not only for his often brilliant skating but also for his "in you face" attitude. More power to him. I'm sure he would have been the first to say he was in pudge form for this one.

I do agree the V/M would make me so much happier with more lyrical a la Olympics Mahler programs than the schmalzier type, I enjoyed them tremendously nevertheless.

Michelle vs. Yu Na - yeah, Michelle's movements were much more deep and powerful, but then again when she competed she usually damned near froze and that was not the same movement (most of the time). Yu Na doesn't excite me, but may in time and her skill, as shown in the Olympics makes up for some of that.

Wish Lambiel could ever have competed like he performs.

S/S - so often so brilliant - but fragile in competition too

vCash
    Wrong thread, sorry!

vCash
    I totally disagree that Kwan "damn near froze" during competitions. I think most of her best performances came from competitions.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I totally disagree that Kwan "damn near froze" during competitions. I think most of her best performances came from competitions.
    You mean you don't remember Kwan's icy, "frozen" renditions of Salome, Red Violin, The Feeling Begins, Aranjuez, and Tosca, to name just a few of her competitive programs?

vCash
    Yeah, totally cold. I think it was always clear that Kwan came alive during competitions and preferred it over show skating. Her drive of competition is what drove her to continue for that elusive OGM all those years.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    You mean you don't remember Kwan's icy, "frozen" renditions of Salome, Red Violin, The Feeling Begins, Aranjuez, and Tosca, to name just a few of her competitive programs?
    She froze extra in rachmoninof, such a shame too could have been legendary.

vCash
    lol I have a problem with detecting sarcasm apparently

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789