View Poll Results: Which section would you prefer?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Short Dance

23 22.33%
  • Compulsory Dance

29 28.16%
  • Original Dance

51 49.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    As an ice dancer, I think CD's are just the basis of the discipline. And I am so excited when I watch good CD's. I am sad to see this new Short Dance.

vCash
    It didn't get televised often, but I thought it was interesting to get a direct comparison between the teams.
    The coolest thing about the CDs to me was that you could not only get the direct comparison between today's teams, but you could compare teams across the decades. It is hard to fairly compare freeskates over the years because the all the rule and scoring changes have affected the way freeskates are composed and executed, but the CD steps are pretty much the same today as when skated by Torvill and Dean.

vCash
    I must admit, I always disliked the OD and found it pointless. But I'll miss the CDs.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I'll miss the Original Dance
    Me too. It was my favourite part of the dance competition. It was a more "dancy" dance, with classier costumes and real dance music. More character I would say. The FD during last seasons had a lot of overused ideas, like dying tragedy with slow music. Probably because it was easier to win with this stuff. The CD was often deemed as less commerial, less on TV but I loved the competition. It was a unique opportunity to see dancers as they are. Like in Vancouver where D/S were the only one who did everything right: the perfect feeling of hot tango. The only real tango on the ice on that day.

vCash
    I've now seen a couple of senior SD on YouTube - none of which I found very interesting. Whereas with the OD, there were always SOME that I thought were good.

Maybe I'll have a better idea of the SD after the NHK Cup - when I get to see them on TV and in competition. But so far they just seem rather boring and uninspired.

I'm thinking C/P will stand out a mile this year at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I've now seen a couple of senior SD on YouTube - none of which I found very interesting. Whereas with the OD, there were always SOME that I thought were good.
    We probably didn't see the best of them. But actually, I hate SD.
    Nothing interesting. No link between a Golden Waltz and a Tango, or a quickstep. It's ridiculous. We just see the fact that they wanted to do one dance with two dances, to save money. That's it !

But there are beautiful waltzes, such as this one, even if I think a solo viennese waltz would have been better :

Papadakis & Cizeron, from France, 15 years old

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12