vCash

Post Maxim Shabalin - New Interview

Maxim Shabalin talks about the election of the Russian Figure Skating Federation, the state of national figure skating, and his work for the Federation.

"The conference made many optimistic statements, which is good, but I do not see any dramatic break-troughs happening in the next three or four years" - he said, adding that the election of Alexander Gorshkov as president of the Federation came as a surprise to him. "For me it was unexpected, as I did not know about Alexandr Georgievicìs nomination. I had heard that Anton Siharulidze and Oksana Grishchuk were the candidates. To be honest, I did not make any predictions at all, since it is pointless before the elections, as it turned out. I agree that some changes are needed in the Federation, but it should be an evolution and not a revolution. Now we have a very strong Federation" - ITAR-TASS quoted Shabalin.
    Read All...
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Aww...bless his heart for being homesick! I wish him all the best...mostly that his knee heals and he can live without pain.

vCash
    This couple has done even longer more interesting and relevant interviews, like this one right after the Olympic Games:

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/d...lin/74383.html

I hope to read a clean translation of the interview, they both discuss a wide range of topics so I don't know why it's not posted on their website.

In fact I'd like to see all of Domnina and Shabalin's interviews on their website for us to read.
    Last edited by newmember; 06-17-2010 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newmember View Post
    This couple has done even longer more interesting and relevant interviews, like this one right after the Olympic Games:

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/d...lin/74383.html

I hope to read a clean translation of the interview, they both discuss a wide range of topics so I don't know why it's not posted on their website.

In fact I'd like to see all of Domnina and Shabalin's interviews on their website for us to read.
    Oh...you're welcome!

Alaska but traveling a lot to all US ice rinks!!!
    vCash
    He is a very nice guy with a big heart!!!! Good luck to him!!!!!

vCash
    Good luck to him and hope he makes a full recovery. It is soooo sweet that he is homesick.

vCash
    I hope the Russian Fed builds a rink and a boarding school in Samara and names it after Maxim. His suggestions sound right on the money to me.

I so hope his knees heal perfectly, and that the rest of his life runs smooth.

vCash

vCash
    I don't understand why the link is given on this page, since it has nothing to do with max. you could have more appropriated linked the article to Plushenko page, since this article clearly shows the friction between Plushy and Piseev.

back on the subject, i hope max's leg injury heals quickly and gives him less trouble for rest of his life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I don't understand why the link is given on this page, since it has nothing to do with max.
    Neither do I!

vCash

New interview with Maxim Shabalin from Odintsovo Radio Broadcasting Service

Source: Official Website

We love Olympic mascot Misha the bear, but we must move forward

20/09/2010

Мaxim Shabalin creates a mascot for Sochi-2014 and stars in TV show "Ice and Fire."

Yesterday, Channel One aired the premier of ice show "Ice and Fire."
    One of the contenders on Ilya Averbukh’s new television project is World champion and Olympic medallist in ice dancing, resident of the city of Odintsovo, Maxim Shabalin. His partner on the new TV show "Ice and Fire" is actress Ekaterina Vilkova. After an expressive dance, albeit not on the ice, Maxim Shabalin gave a brief interview to Channel One.

The day before, Maxim Shabalin could be seen at the ice rink in Odintsovo, where the candidates for the Russian national team were skating. Previous to that, when the city of Odintsovo celebrated its day, Maxim Shabalin answered some questions for the Radio Broadcasting Service in Odintsovo. Back then, the famous figure skater only hinted at the possibility of his participation in such television projects as "Ice and Fire".

- Мaxim, how do you feel, are the old injuries bothering you?
    - I feel great, nothing hurts.

- Tell us, what do you dedicate yourself to now, what are you engaged in?
    - I am working for the Federation of figure skating as an ice dance supervisor. I help our skaters to prepare successfully for this season and for the Olympics in Sochi. In addition, I'm involved in the campaign for the choice of the mascot for Sochi 2014, and I am drawing a mascot myself to submit for the contest.

- If it’s not a secret, how does Maxim Shabalin’s mascot for Sochi 2014 look like?
    - It's hard to describe my mascot for Sochi 2014, it's an original work.

- How do you feel about the proposals to bring back the mascot of the 1980 Olympics, Misha the Bear?
    - We shouldn’t repeat ourselves, we have enough creative ideas to come up with something new. Although we all love Olympic Misha, we must move forward.

- When will we be able to see Maxim Shabalin with Oksana Domnina on the ice again?
    - I hope that we will be able to present figure skating fans with such gift during the celebrations for the next Odintsovo Day. Also, we will probably continue to perform in different shows.

- Is there any desire to return to professional sport?
    - For the moment the topic is closed. Ask me again in one year, and I will answer.
    Last edited by ostile17; 09-24-2010 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for translating

I can see why people would be sayinhg Misha should be brought back-it was robbed of the proper exposure-It is considered very good.