Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash

Broadmoor skater Flatt quickly 組rowing up'

vCash
    Thanks for the link. Can't wait to see the 3/3 combo. I do think it is a little degrading to say she is becoming a young lady...she already is one! Will be very fun to see the programs. Not sure about the music choices...but we will see.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    A 3Lz+3Lo and a 2A+3T?!

It would be nice seeing Rachael accomplish this!

vCash
    It sounds like she is adding difficulty to her programs. It will be interesting to see how these combinations work out.

vCash
    Found these videos of Rachael performing in the ISI Worlds Foundation Show at the end of July:

"One Day I'll Fly Away" exhibition
    ^This is a really beautiful program the whole way through.

"Sing, Sing, Sing" exhibition

vCash
    I think its a great time for her to try adding difficulty. Last year the most important thing was that she make the Olympic team and have a good showing so adding new material that she may faulter on would not have been the best idea. Now that the Olympics are over, she can work more on developing her skating for the future. I think she needs it too in order to make up for her lack of artistry and distinctive skating style. Hopefully she is working on all of that too. She seems to have such a great personallity off the ice but her skating is often bland and forgettable in my opinion.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Found these videos of Rachael performing in the ISI Worlds Foundation Show at the end of July:

"One Day I'll Fly Away" exhibition
    ^This is a really beautiful program the whole way through.

"Sing, Sing, Sing" exhibition
    I totally agree about the exhibition program. Rachael's exhibition program in 2009 was just as beautiful. Her Ina Bauer was flawless.

One Day I'll Fly Away
    Angie
    的 have not failed. I致e just found 10,000 ways that won稚 work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Love her exhibition. Very well choreographed and executed! I notice some improvements in posture, use of arms, and ice coverage. Rachael looks more elegant too. Good, good, good!

vCash
    Finally an article about Flatt that DIDN'T focus on her academics. Looking forward to a 3lutz3loop from her. A smart bet too, since even if downgraded it would still be worth a ton.

But more than a difficult 3/3 I want her to improve on her speed and posture. Because her lutz and flip technique isn't the best anyway.

Her priorities should really be:
    1. speed
    2. lutz and flip technique
    3. line and posture
    4. 3/3
    5. spins
    Last edited by Marco; 09-08-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    But more than a difficult 3/3 I want her to improve on her speed
    Not likely under current coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I want it even more on Zawadzki and Mroz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    He's so blind to her flaws

Rachael tried a 3flip/3loop at Skate America 2 years ago, got a downgrade and promptly dumped it in favor of a toe loop. Of course, we'll see how the new rules effect things, but I wouldn't be surprised if she ditches it if it isn't consistent and doesn't garner full marks.

But seriously, why did she spend the summer learning a 3z/3l when she should have been fixing her spin positions, posture, and line?? Tom Z is nuts IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post

Rachael tried a 3flip/3loop at Skate America 2 years ago, got a downgrade and promptly dumped it in favor of a toe loop. Of course, we'll see how the new rules effect things, but I wouldn't be surprised if she ditches it if it isn't consistent and doesn't garner full marks.

But seriously, why did she spend the summer learning a 3z/3l when she should have been fixing her spin positions, posture, and line?? Tom Z is nuts IMO.
    Maybe it's a lot more feasible for her to learn a 3z-3l than it is for her to suddenly develop flexible spin positions and have gorgeous lines? Working on a 3z-3l doesn't necessarily mean her flaws are being ignored... But some things just can't be helped that much. We've heard for a while about how Rachael has some lingering effects from a back injury that have hindered her flexibility on spins and what not. Her strength is jumping, so it would make sense for her to work on new combos.

I do agree that it wouldn't be surprising if she ends up ditching the loop in favor of the 3z-3t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Maybe it's a lot more feasible for her to learn a 3z-3l than it is for her to suddenly develop flexible spin positions and have gorgeous lines? Working on a 3z-3l doesn't necessarily mean her flaws are being ignored... But some things just can't be helped that much. We've heard for a while about how Rachael has some lingering effects from a back injury that have hindered her flexibility on spins and what not. Her strength is jumping, so it would make sense for her to work on new combos.

I do agree that it wouldn't be surprising if she ends up ditching the loop in favor of the 3z-3t.
    Line and flexibility are NOT the same thing. Based on summer competition videos, I don't see any improvement in those other areas, and she in fact looks slower and even more hunched. I do wish her well, and hope the 3/3 works in her favor I just wish she had spent a little bit more time on body awareness.

vCash
    Line and flexibility are NOT the same thing. Based on summer competition videos, I don't see any improvement in those other areas, and she in fact looks slower and even more hunched. I do wish her well, and hope the 3/3 works in her favor I just wish she had spent a little bit more time on body awareness.
    That can't be good, especially not next to Mirai, Ashley and even Christine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    I do think it is a little degrading to say she is becoming a young lady...she already is one!
    Rachael is more 'cute' (ala Elena Sokolova) than 'beautiful' (ala Marie-France Dubreuil), hence she will always look young for her age. And it would make her attempting a 'romantic' program a little awkward. Still, I love this gal.

vCash
    I'm at work and can't access it, but her Glacier Falls performance is on youtube. You can see where she will insert the 3z-3l and 2x-3t

vCash

I don't think Tom Z sees the flaws in many of his skaters. His focus has always been technical...he is not particularly known for "finishing skaters," ...creating a long line on the ice is not his forte. Abbott is the only skater of his (past or current) that naturally has that look and has worked even harder, IMO, to work on his presentation since leaving Zakrajsek!

Rumor has it that Flatt is working very hard on a new look on the ice...with more upbeat character driven music, as noted in the article link above, but since USFS Champs Camp, word has it that she has a new look as well...shorter hair!

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Her priorities should really be:
    1. speed
    2. lutz and flip technique
    3. line and posture
    4. 3/3
    5. spins
    I would reverse your #4 and #5. 3+3 should be last priority for Rachael. She has lots more to work on improving besides that.

vCash
    I agree with you. I just don't think we should assume she hasn't been working on other things just because she is doing a new 3/3. Even if we don't see much improvement in other areas, it doesn't mean she hasn't tried. It is not easy to fix some of things she has issues on. Posture, line, flexibility... A lot of that is very hard to show noticeable improvements. And to be fair, it's not like she had much time to work on anything before that summer competition with her hectic post-Olympic schedule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast