Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Kwan Update in LA Times - "OK, I went to the Olympics"

vCash
    Great article ... and thank you for posting it!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Long live the (real) Kween!

nice article
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Kwan also did a Q&A yesterday in case anyone missed it: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=200
    The last few years, you've acted as a Public Diplomacy Envoy, visiting China, Russia, Argentina. Do you have any more trips planned?

I think my next trip is in January, when I have down time. I like juggling, I like traveling with the state department. I really enjoy what I do with public diplomacy. It's always a challenge and a departure.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Yuna could take some diplomacy lessons from Michelle. She is indeed a class act.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Wow. So she choreographed an SP for Vancouver? Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Wow. So she choreographed an SP for Vancouver? Interesting.
    IIRC, the "Carmina Burana" (sp?) routine she did in Yu-Na's show last year would have been her competitive SP if she had not gone into grad school.

vCash
    What a wonderful article. Her attitude and accomplishments are to be admired.
    olympic, I believe that "Carmina Burana" was originally intended as a competition SP.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    So nice to see her so happy in life and enjoying challenges on and off the ice.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Great article. Thanks so much for posting it

vCash
    Cool.

How sweet would it be to be in her class at school? I'd be excited.

vCash
    Thanks for posting this. I love that shadowy photo of her, she still looks totally gorgeous IMO.

Though it blows my mind that none of her classmates had heard of her before. I know she's been out of the limelight for a bit, but wasn't she a household name in her day?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Vacant
    vCash
    I love the 'I was okay, I went to the Olympics' line. Oh to be a fly on the wall if any of those who asked the question then went to look her up on youtube.

Great article and class personified as ever.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    You'd be surprised how many people don't even know her name. I am shocked every time I have to explain to someone about Michelle Kwan.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I remember talking to a friend at college during the 2006 Olympics and being devastated that Michelle withdrew. He asked me who Michelle was and I was just dumbfounded. I couldn't believe that he didn't know who the Kween was.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate
    I love the 'I was okay, I went to the Olympics' line. Oh to be a fly on the wall if any of those who asked the question then went to look her up on youtube.
    You and me, both!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    ...Oh to be a fly on the wall if any of those who asked the question then went to look her up on youtube.
    I just watched the first videos that came up on YouTube and you'd think she never made any sort of mistake on ice in her life and her life has been one long standing ovation with tv commentary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I love that shadowy photo of her, she still looks totally gorgeous IMO.

Though it blows my mind that none of her classmates had heard of her before. I know she's been out of the limelight for a bit, but wasn't she a household name in her day?
    true but I did watch a video clip of her graduating from University of Denver. when they called her name the audience gave her a huge cheer. I'm sure she gets recognized here and there but she's not a pop starlet or anything like that

vCash
    What a great article. It's amazing how she's been able to transition herself so well, and I too am surprised her classmates don't know who she is. Then again, I pretty much know of all top athletes, and I'm a skating fan, so that would make sense. Most people I've talked to about skating know who she is and think she's won like 2 Olympic gold medals, along with Kristi and Dorothy. Some know of Sasha too.

On a creepy, semi-off topic note, I was trying to search for this article on google news, and as I was typing in "Michelle Kw...." the first suggestion was "Michelle Kwan's death." Doesn't that mean a lot of people have googled that recently? Weird.

vCash
    Michelle is a class act indeed. Hope Yuna and Michelle carry their friendship/business relationship further.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-09-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast