Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_T_T_ View Post
    Sixth? Yamada, Arutunian, Tarasova, Sato....

And the main issue seems to have been she wants to be in Japan while Rafael and Tat aren't.
    Tatiana Tarasova
    Rafael Arutunian
    Machiko Yamada
    Mihoko Higuchi
    Yuko Monna

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Mihoko Higuchi is Machiko Yamada's assistant, Jayar.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Mihoko Higuchi is Machiko Yamada's assistant, Jayar.

Ok, so FIFTH coach. That's still quite a few changes... history isn't on her side here.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Ok, so FIFTH coach. That's still quite a few changes... history isn't on her side here.
    Same as Yu-na.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Yu na had a lot of coaches when she was young too.

Frankly I think the main thing is Mao is making a very good decision by going with Sato. I really think she needs a great coach there supervising her practices every day. And I think that was the main issue. Its not a knock on Tarasova or Rafael, who are both extremely good coaches themselves, but more a commentary on the whole point on having a coach and how someone can be effective as a coach if they are a continent away. Mao can't change the past whatever her coaching past was, she can only make good decisions now.

Same goes for Yu-na she made a good decision using Orser etc, but that doesn't mean she can't make some very bad coaching decisions in the future. Leaving Orser could be a terrible mistake, if she doesnt' find a good coach to replace him with. If Yu-na wants to continue to compete, she'll need a full time coach, and continue to push herself to improve, otherwise Yu-na will be passed. Thrilled Mao is making great choices!!!!!!! That's all that matters now.

vCash
    Finally relieved by this news! I hope it will be a magical collaboration!

Quote Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
    I hope she will develop artistry with her new coach.
    That's what she need to win Sochi.
    Mao is one of the most artistic ladies skater of the current field, she never lacked in that department.

vCash
    This is really great news! I hope this means Yuka Sato can also choreograph programs for Mao in the future.

vCash
    Good decsion, he seems super nice and is a great tech coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Good decsion, he seems super nice and is a great tech coach.
    Actually he is a extremely strict coach. Yukari once said that Mr.Sato would throw a chair into the rink when he was pissed off by her performance...But he is super nice to Kozuka
    I hope Mao+Sato+Nagakubo could be a great team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tianrushui View Post
    Actually he is a extremely strict coach. Yukari once said that Mr.Sato would throw a chair into the rink when he was pissed off by her performance...But he is super nice to Kozuka
    I hope Mao+Sato+Nagakubo could be a great team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tianrushui View Post
    Yukari once said that Mr.Sato would throw a chair into the rink when he was pissed off by her performance...

I just can't imagine Mr.Nobuo doing that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carets View Post
    And Good for you Takahiko!
    I know you adore Mao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19bQAdDdehg
    Haha!
    Oh yes, I sincerely hope that Kozuka and Mao will finally be practicing ice dance together as mentioned in the video!

Best news I've heard in a long time!

But I'm very surprised about the comments about Shanetta Folle. To me, she and Mao seemed to very close, and I think Mao even said that she thought of her as an older sister.

I was sincerely sad to see her and Mao part--unlike TAT, Folle was actually in Japan training with Mao, and to me, it seemed like they really bonded.

BUT, in the end, I think having a Japanese coach that she can see full-time is ideal! (And training with Kozuka is just the icing on the cake!)

Go Team Mao!!

vCash
    Fantastic news
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Best off season news thusfar. Thank goodness she finally got a clue.

I also cannot imagine Nobuo throwing a chair....he always seems so patient and reassuring in competitions. I would more expect something like this to come from someone more outwardly stern like Frank Carroll, but you never know what goes on behind closed doors, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    Yukari also said that his anger strucks when she really needs the kick-ass. She's the type of person who needs it in order to get going. (Maybe Kozuka is not...) It's true that Nobuo is stricter than he appears to be but does so for rational reason I guess

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    It would be great to see Sato get an Olympic Champion, being a legend in his own right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I would more expect something like this to come from someone more outwardly stern like Frank Carroll, but you never know what goes on behind closed doors, though.
    I REALLY can't imagine Frank Carroll throwing a chair.

vCash
    But I'm very surprised about the comments about Shanetta Folle. To me, she and Mao seemed to very close, and I think Mao even said that she thought of her as an older sister.

I was sincerely sad to see her and Mao part--unlike TAT, Folle was actually in Japan training with Mao, and to me, it seemed like they really bonded.
    I don't know, nor will I judge what kind of person Folle is. But I think that just because Folle was "like a big sister to Mao" doesn't mean that Folle was the best full time coach for Mao. Similarly there's talk that Yu-na is close with her translator. And well once again just because Yu-na likes her translator, is friends with her translator, doesn't meant he person is a good translator. Sometimes when it comes to being a teacher just in general, you don't really want to aim to be the kids buddy/buddy best friend. Thats in most cases not the way to really get the kids to learn. Not saying that you want to be mean, or to have the kids hate you. But rather sometimes if you want to get the best out of your students, you have to be willing to push them out of their comfort zones. And it can be hard for your best friend to do that with you.

I feel that Mao's skating has kind of stagnated since 2008 worlds in terms of consistency, and also her basic skating skills (She's not as fast as she once was). I really think the issue is the training. Love Tarasova or not, I don't think this would be an issue if Tarasova (who IS a good coach maybe not the greatest technician but she found people to help Sasha, (Yagudin added technical content) etc. was running things full time. After all I don't think Kulik, Sasha, Yagudin etc stagnated under her.

But having a great coaches assistant full time is not the same as having the great coach full time. I think Shiz saw that first. So personally I'm thrilled Mao will have someone like Sato in charge. He's a great coach, and that's what she needs.

Yukari also said that his anger strucks when she really needs the kick-ass. She's the type of person who needs it in order to get going. (Maybe Kozuka is not...) It's true that Nobuo is stricter than he appears to be but does so for rational reason I guess
    I would think to coach at the level Sato coaches at, you would have to be tough and strict at times. Given from what Nakano says though he seems like the type of coach who guages what each of his skater needs, and gives it to them.
    Last edited by bek; 09-08-2010 at 05:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    It would be great to see Sato get an Olympic Champion, being a legend in his own right.
    Yes, it would be fantastic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Same as Yu-na.
    Yep. I can't help but wonder what the emotional toll will end up being on these skaters...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast