Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mao Asada and Takahiko Kozuka may be able to learn together from the same coach not unnaturally because they are the student of same Chukyo University and are always training in the same training rink of the university even if their training time are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I am a very efficient speller!
    Yes, you are a master of a clipped form word, as if being like a Japanese!
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 09-07-2010 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    Mao has been looking for a Japanese coach (not a Canadian...). So this choice is very natural, and very good for her. Nobuo Sato is a great coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Who's Machida?
    I think it is also a giant snake demon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2. Still better than the black mark of you know who.
    Cheering for the headcases

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Great news!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
    I hope she will develop artistry with her new coach.
    That's what she need to win Sochi.
    Artistry? Really? In my opinion, Mao has the most perfect lines and postures which enable her to display artistry with her whole body without over the top facial expressions or anything like that and Mao's got great musicality.
    Her Olympic programs may have been inefficient in demonstrating Mao's characteristic fairy-like, ballerina-like artistry but in my mind Mao herself is an amazingly artistic skater. She always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Congraturations, Mao Asada!
    Happiest news ever this off season!
    I'm almost in tears.
    And great job to the people who were in charge of negotiation!

Yes, paskatefan.
    Mao & Taka training together and pushing each other!
    Mao doesn't have to leave her rink!
    Mao can stay in Nagoya and can live with her family!
    She can go to her college.

Everything seems fantastic!

Yes, it's great Mao won't have to leave her family and her homeland after all.
    She doesn't need to go abroad at all to come to think of it.
    She's got the state of the art rink in her school where she can train as much as she wants and I understand there are great and reliable coaches and nice choreographers in Japan too.

vCash
    I hope that the change is good for her. I thought her Olympic music was all wrong for her -- too dark, too heavy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post

It also ends speculation whether she'd take Orser as her coach, stealing it from Saint YuNa...
    I hope so!
    According to a Chinese media, which made an exclusive interview with Mao during her stay in China, she clearly denied the contact with Orser.

Mao can enjoy her practice with Taka...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yhhhr2001 View Post
    I hope so!
    According to a Chinese media, which made an exclusive interview with Mao during her stay in China, she clearly denied the contact with Orser.

Mao can enjoy her practice with Taka...
    Yes! And there goes lowtherlore's great conspiracy theory!!

vCash
    From now on, Asada plans to train in Chukyo University and in the Shinn-Yokohama Skate Center where Sato coach is using as the training base.

It takes about two hours and a half from Chukyo University (Toyota campus) to Shinn-Yokoham Skate Center.
    Namely, it takes about an hour by train etc from Chukyo University to Nagoya station, it takes about an hour and a half by "Shinn-Kansen" or "the superexpress" from Nagoya station to Shinn-Yokohama station and it takes about 5minutes on foot from Shinn-Yokohama station to Shinn-Yokoham skate Center.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 09-07-2010 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
    I hope she will develop artistry with her new coach.
    That's what she need to win Sochi.
    Mao Asada is a gorgeous skater, with probably the best lines in the business right now. The problem was her programs didn't really show her off correctly, not that Mao doesn't have artistry. And I thought the problem was more technically.

This is awesome news, it means Mao can stay at home with her family, friends, dogs, but also get a great coach. I just wish this decision had been made like two years ago. Not that Tarasova isn't a great coach but I think Mao needed a full time coach.
    Last edited by bek; 09-07-2010 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    I *love* this news!

vCash
    Go Mao!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    . . .

vCash
    Good. Glad that she's staying close to home. Maybe she'll go back to the fresh-and-light (pre-TAT) style.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Awww, Mao and Taka training together and receiving Sato's back rub/pat prior to competing. Good for Asada to find a permanent coach!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    YES!!!!!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Yes! I am happy that her being in limbo or even worse being coached by Shanette Folle again (brrrr, I shuddered each time I saw them in the KnC together) is over. She needs a coach who is there for her the whole time! Sato seems like a good choice.

He and Nagakubo also seem like level-headed and supportive coaches. I hope they will calm her down. I love her etheral skating so much!

vCash
    Great news for her. Kozuka has one of the best basic skating skills and great 3A, and both can learn from each other both physically and mentally. Not that Mao is a headcase, but Kozuka can definitely improve his competitive toughness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    Mao Asada and Takahiko Kozuka may be able to learn together from the same coach not unnaturally because they are the student of same Chukyo University and are always training in the same training rink of the university even if their training time are different.
    This winter I read in a newspaper that when Kozuka was away, it became a little difficult for Mao to maintain motivation for training. They training together, that's one of the reasons I think this choice is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by quarkiki2 View Post
    I hope that the change is good for her. I thought her Olympic music was all wrong for her -- too dark, too heavy.
    I think Sato is a coach who will respect Mao's choice and decision, but still can say "?" or "No" to her when the music choice is actually all wrong. That is another reason I think this choice is the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Yes! I am happy that her being in limbo or even worse being coached by Shanette Folle again (brrrr, I shuddered each time I saw them in the KnC together) is over. She needs a coach who is there for her the whole time! Sato seems like a good choice.

He and Nagakubo also seem like level-headed and supportive coaches. I hope they will calm her down. I love her etheral skating so much!
    Yep! Its the best Mao news I've heard in a long long time.

I think Sato is a coach who will respect Mao's choice and decision, but still can say "?" or "No" to her when the music choice is actually all wrong. That is another reason I think this choice is the best.
    My hope is that after their experience of the last couple of years, Team Mao will listen to someone like Sato.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast