Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Source please

At least THAT makes sense.
    I don't feel like sorting through 8978681384601283640 articles to find the reference, so take it or leave it

vCash
    Source please

At least THAT makes sense.
    Kim doubled an intended triple salchow in the middle of her program, and had her final combination spin scored as an invalid element earning the champion zero points.
    "We changed the spin after the Four Continents to get a level four," Kim explained. "It is my fault that I did not have it checked to make sure that it was correct before I came here."

The ISU rules state that a skater must do three spins in the freeskate; a flying spin, a spin with no change of position, and a combination spin. Kim completed a flying spin and two combination spins, therefore receiving no credit for her final element. Still, it was Kim's night, and the audience at the Staples Center was clearly on her side from the start.
    Well this is the article I was getting my information about the changed spin from. I think there's another article that probably discusses the changes Jersey made. Because I remember an article where Orser mentioned how he feels bad cause it could have cost her. But now, I'm not interested in going through that kind of search. Marbi I think you can forgive me for perhaps taking Yu-na's word for the fact that they changed a spin, and didn't get it checked.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2008/worlds_5.shtml

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    I don't feel like sorting through 8978681384601283640 articles to find the reference, so take it or leave it
    Hmmm, so you can´t back that up. I´ll gingerly take it but not without some trepidation +

eta..reading that article bek linked with the Yuna quote and I go back to noone knows that facts
    Last edited by marbri; 09-10-2010 at 02:21 AM.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    The fact is that Yuna had another back injury prior to worlds, and flying camel was hurting her. They (Kim and Orser) decided to just get rid of flying part.
    Was not back injury. Just pain. Yu-Na told him "I felt pain in my back" then Brain and her spin coach recommended her to change the spin without a flying entry.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well this is the article I was getting my information about the changed spin from. I think there's another article that probably discusses the changes Jersey made. Because I remember an article where Orser mentioned how he feels bad cause it could have cost her. But now, I'm not interested in going through that kind of search. Marbi I think you can forgive me for perhaps taking Yu-na's word for the fact that they changed a spin, and didn't get it checked.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2008/worlds_5.shtml
    When Yu-Na said she "changed the spin" she must have been referring to the second spin, which originally started with a fly. However, it was the third spin that got 0 points because that was her last chance to do a flying spin and she didn't. Looks like that part must have gotten lost in translation.

vCash
    O.o Isn't this thread for Yu-na's moving to LA? There is a thread for the split isn't there lols?

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    O.o <---- what is that?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Back to the subject the thread is intended.

I read that Yuna was seen by skaters and their parents who are training at East West Ice Palace that she is training well and getting adjusted to the new environment.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    O.o <---- what is that?
    A quizzical "Wuh???" face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    Back to the subject the thread is intended.

I read that Yuna was seen by skaters and their parents who are training at East West Ice Palace that she is training well and getting adjusted to the new environment.
    I can confirm that she was at East West last week, and she has been training well. She is making new friends, and many, many local skaters came by to wish her well.

Access to facilities, however, has been limited to skaters (and their parents) only, no media.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Wow, we are still on this? Do some people need a life or what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    I can confirm that she was at East West last week, and she has been training well. She is making new friends, and many, many local skaters came by to wish her well.

Access to facilities, however, has been limited to skaters (and their parents) only, no media.
    I need to play hooky from work and go skate a session there.
    Is your son enjoying skating with her? I can only imagine how inspirational it must be!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe View Post
    I need to play hooky from work and go skate a session there.
    Is your son enjoying skating with her? I can only imagine how inspirational it must be!
    They have shared a session or two.

He says she is very nice and friendly.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    They have shared a session or two.

He says she is very nice and friendly.
    Good to hear that she is!
    Thanks!
    This too will pass away.

vCash

Great news. Glad to hear that. Thanks crzesk8dad.

Yuna's agent today said to the Korean press that they are currently down to 2-3 specific candidates for her full time coaching position and will announce her new coach right after the LA ice show.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-14-2010 at 07:11 AM.

vCash
    So glad to hear that Yuna's doing well in LA. The poor girl definitely deserves some peace of mind. And she's already on the verge of announcing her next coach? Good for her! I'm really looking foward to her new programs

vCash
    to summarize the latest news on Yuna: credit to SquallB:

1. According to ATS, Yuna has narrowed down coaching search to 2-3 candidates. She will likely announce her new coach by mid-October, after the ATS LA ice show. However, it is possible that someone new may still emerge as a candidate.

2. This time, Yuna will enter into an official contract with the new coach (suggesting that she will NOT retire^^)

3. Yuna has been training about 2-3 hours a day on the rink, and doing physical fitness. She is in very good condition.

4. The music for the short program has not been decided yet, and the choreographer for the SP also has not been set yet.

5. ATS will hold ATS Spring show around May of next year, and ATS Summer in late summer 2011. (which means Yuna WILL participate in 2011 WC)

vCash
    So it means she may not use David Wilson for her short program? And whee that she seems committed to stay in!

Mao, Mirai and Yuna shall rule this quad!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So it means she may not use David Wilson for her short program? And whee that she seems committed to stay in!

Mao, Mirai and Yuna shall rule this quad!
    I think Mao’s done. If you ask me why, I have good reasons for that assessment. And please don’t whine about my blunt and short judgment, as we’re in a Yu-Na thread so it won’t please anyone visiting this thread to go in details on other skaters. And what do you mean by “using” David Wilson. Don’t be so low. They have done wonderful things together for the benefit of all our skating fans, and I hope they would continue to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I think Mao’s done. If you ask me why, I have good reasons for that assessment. And please don’t whine about my blunt and short judgment, as we’re in a Yu-Na thread so it won’t please anyone visiting this thread to go in details on other skaters. And what do you mean by “using” David Wilson. Don’t be so low. They have done wonderful things together for the benefit of all our skating fans, and I hope they would continue to do so.
    Here we go again. Seriously, if you don't want people to whine, then stop making statements like these. (or maybe you secretly enjoy them? )

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast