Well this is the article I was getting my information about the changed spin from. I think there's another article that probably discusses the changes Jersey made. Because I remember an article where Orser mentioned how he feels bad cause it could have cost her. But now, I'm not interested in going through that kind of search. Marbi I think you can forgive me for perhaps taking Yu-na's word for the fact that they changed a spin, and didn't get it checked.Kim doubled an intended triple salchow in the middle of her program, and had her final combination spin scored as an invalid element earning the champion zero points.
"We changed the spin after the Four Continents to get a level four," Kim explained. "It is my fault that I did not have it checked to make sure that it was correct before I came here."
The ISU rules state that a skater must do three spins in the freeskate; a flying spin, a spin with no change of position, and a combination spin. Kim completed a flying spin and two combination spins, therefore receiving no credit for her final element. Still, it was Kim's night, and the audience at the Staples Center was clearly on her side from the start.
O.o Isn't this thread for Yu-na's moving to LA? There is a thread for the split isn't there lols?
O.o <---- what is that?
Come on, you can do it
Back to the subject the thread is intended.
I read that Yuna was seen by skaters and their parents who are training at East West Ice Palace that she is training well and getting adjusted to the new environment.
Wow, we are still on this? Do some people need a life or what?
Last edited by amaro; 09-14-2010 at 08:11 AM.
So glad to hear that Yuna's doing well in LA. The poor girl definitely deserves some peace of mind. And she's already on the verge of announcing her next coach? Good for her! I'm really looking foward to her new programs
to summarize the latest news on Yuna: credit to SquallB:
1. According to ATS, Yuna has narrowed down coaching search to 2-3 candidates. She will likely announce her new coach by mid-October, after the ATS LA ice show. However, it is possible that someone new may still emerge as a candidate.
2. This time, Yuna will enter into an official contract with the new coach (suggesting that she will NOT retire^^)
3. Yuna has been training about 2-3 hours a day on the rink, and doing physical fitness. She is in very good condition.
4. The music for the short program has not been decided yet, and the choreographer for the SP also has not been set yet.
5. ATS will hold ATS Spring show around May of next year, and ATS Summer in late summer 2011. (which means Yuna WILL participate in 2011 WC)
So it means she may not use David Wilson for her short program? And whee that she seems committed to stay in!
Mao, Mirai and Yuna shall rule this quad!