Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Don't forget the chicken dance, or did you not consider that a choreographic mistake ?
    HEY! That dance was timed perfectly to the music and showed a lot of character! Plus, if a guy can do that dance and still look cute, then he deserves a lot of points to me.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    No, sorry. After the Worlds she came back to Korea and spent a month and left for Toronto on May 31, when she said in the airport she would compete. So, it would be reasonable to assume that she was ready to practice. However, in Toronto, she had to practice by herself in June and July. Orser's explanation was that he gave her "space", but apparently YuNa and mom didn't think so. Possibly, they thought YuNa was neglected. We don't know exactly what happened in June and July. My question is why Orser gave YuNa "space" that she didn't want.
    Just post that and stop already with presenting BS as fact.

The girl is now where she was heading.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    I am just surprised that my prediction was right.
    Like said before, I think mama Kim and Yuna were already planning to move to LA one day after the Oly mainly to turn pro and do shows. But to do shows all over the US, she needs more popularity. LA is the right place to settle and start her career as a pro thanks to the Korean town. she can be sure to have enough audience.
    I don't think she will go back to live in S. Korea..at least not for the next 10 years. She'll just go back when she wants to make more money.
    I predict that this season will be her last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    No, sorry. After the Worlds she came back to Korea and spent a month and left for Toronto on May 31, when she said in the airport she would compete. So, it would be reasonable to assume that she was ready to practice. However, in Toronto, she had to practice by herself in June and July. Orser's explanation was that he gave her "space", but apparently YuNa and mom didn't think so. Possibly, they thought YuNa was neglected. We don't know exactly what happened in June and July. My question is why Orser gave YuNa "space" that she didn't want.

So after the end of the season, Yuna went to Korea for two months? That's probably when Orser was giving Yuna "space" to make decisions about her future plans, don't you think? If Yuna returned to Toronto in June and was ready to be coached, why would Orser refuse to coach her then? That wouldn't make much sense.

vCash
    Can we get over the space issues. Who knows. Someone on Yu-na's board said somethings which I think could be it.

Team Kim may have said they loved Orser publically but there was always some issues and they were reportedly thinking about leaving after 2009 worlds. They wanted someone who would train her harder (and work with her more than an hour a day) And its quite common in N. America for coaches to work that long with students so it wasn't neglect on Orser's part. Russian coaches spent more time (it depends on the school of skating) And also they were not happy about the 0 credit for the spin at worlds. (Can't blame them about the spin thing because it could have cost her if Asada had skated well at that Championship)

Reading between tons of interviews it seems there were always differences between them and Orser about training and stuff (Orser talking about trying to get Yu-na to train less).
    It may be the want a coach will spend more time with her, that's her right. It doesn't make Orser a bad coach because his way is the North American system. It doesn't make the Kims evil for wanting someone who will spend more time a la the Russian coaches. It just is what is.
    This may not be a case of anyone being bad or evil, just different people wanting different things. The Kims should think though that Orser's system helped manage the injuries, but if they want an hour more a day with a coach than by herself that's not necessarily a wrong feeling to have.

And then there's also the rumors that Kim is really retiring (something very possible)

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Was Kim injury prone prior to going to Brian? If so then training like that was probably a smart decision. It's all about quality over quantity.. and his strategy got them an Olympic gold medal. What the heck more do they want? They are entitled to feel the way they do.. but it's not a very good training strategy for someone who is injury prone. Different strategies work for different skaters and not every skater is going to thrive in the Russian system just like not every skater would thrive under Brian's system. Over training can be just as detrimental to a skater as under training.. and it makes me question whether they are looking after YuNa's best interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    Was Kim injury prone prior to going to Brian? If so then training like that was probably a smart decision. It's all about quality over quantity.. and his strategy got them an Olympic gold medal. What the heck more do they want? They are entitled to feel the way they do.. but it's not a very good training strategy for someone who is injury prone. Different strategies work for different skaters and not every skater is going to thrive in the Russian system just like not every skater would thrive under Brian's system. Over training can be just as detrimental to a skater as under training.. and it makes me question whether they are looking after YuNa's best interest.
    Well obviously Yu-na shouldn't be training more hours. But its not like Yu-na just trained an hour a day. While she worked with Jump coaches, spin coaches, this system the North American one, meant that Yu-na probably spent a good amount of time training by herself. This is how it is for a lot of North American systems are.

But for example its not like that in the Russian system. In the Russian system, the skaters are actually discouraged from practicing by themselves and the coach is supervising a lot more. Its possible that the Kims in Korea were use to a lot more coaching supervision. And/or its possible they just wanted coaching supervision.

If the Kims wanted Orser to have Yu-na training more hours a day, than I think they were clearly wrong. But if they wanted a coach who would work with Yu-na more than one hour a day, and so less time for Yu-na training by herself, they aren't necessarily wrong. And Orser isn't necessarily wrong for feeling differently. Than it becomes a difference of opinion/training styles.

They had every right and reason to be angry about the spin at worlds though. When you think about how if her competitors had been closer (and Mao messing up had nothing to do with Orser) it could have potentially cost her a World title...That really was a big mistake on Brian's part. Of course given that they stuck with him through the Olympics and he seemingly improved on this, I don't think you can hold it against a coach forever. But thats not some little thing.

The point is though I don't think there should really be a witch hunt for everyone. Orser is a terrific coach (clearly) but that doesn't mean Yu-na should necessarily stick with him forever. If she feels that in order to continue being the best, she might need more time from a coach, she's totally entitled to feel that way.
    Last edited by bek; 09-09-2010 at 10:31 PM.

vCash
    No matter what happened this past month, can we just remember the magical four years of Yuna and Brian without rewriting the history?

I don't care about who did what in that splitting. But I would hate to doubt the trust they had during the years they had together. Yuna repeatedly said she would stay with Brian until she retires even after she won OGM and Brian gave his heart and soul to this girl.

Something happened between March and August, but that doesn't change what they had in the previous four years.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    They had every right and reason to be angry about the spin at worlds though. When you think about how if her competitors had been closer (and Mao messing up had nothing to do with Orser) it could have potentially cost her a World title...That really was a big mistake on Brian's part. Of course given that they stuck with him through the Olympics and he seemingly improved on this, I don't think you can hold it against a coach forever. But thats not some little thing.
    Why is it Brian's fault that Yu-Na got 0 points for that spin? He wasn't the one out there earning the points, and rules are rules. She messed up the first time and her first reaction was to try it again. An honest mistake, no use in blaming people over it.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Why is it Brian's fault that Yu-Na got 0 points for that spin? He wasn't the one out there earning the points, and rules are rules. She messed up the first time and her first reaction was to try it again. An honest mistake, no use in blaming people over it.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._FS_Scores.pdf

Talking about 2009 Worlds.

vCash
    People are talking about 2009 worlds when Yu-na lost credit for her final combination spin. She aparently changed the spin after Four Continents, but nobody checked the rules. The spin didn't count because she did two combination spins, when she needed another kind.

The thing is Yu-na is responsible for knowing the rules too. But if Yu-na did the spin as her and Brian had planned, than I think Team Kim would have a pretty big reason for being angry with Brian. I would imagine that one of the things you pay a coach for is to double check those kind of things. In the end, I doubt they'd leave know for that reason a year later, seeing as Orser did a great job preparing her for the Olympics. But I imagine that incident alone would make Team Kim question the whole narrative that Orser was the most perfect coach ever. Because it would certainly lead to a lingering doubt in the back of mind if such a thing had happened to me at a major championship. Although everyone makes mistakes once in awhile, and Imagine such a scenario would scare the heck out of Orser, and he'd make sure it wouldn't happen at a competition like that again too.

The point though was that apparently there were issues in that camp for awhile. Differences in training etc.
    Last edited by bek; 09-10-2010 at 12:50 AM.

vCash
    In an interview with Korean MBC, Brian said it's his fault and Yu-Na said it's her fault. They both admitted it was his/her own fault. O.K. then?
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    In an interview with Korean MBC, Brian said it's his fault and Yu-Na said it's her fault. They both admitted it was his/her own fault. O.K. then?
    Well of course it was Yu-na's fault too. She's responsible for knowing the rules as well. I was just bringing up what I read and not trying to argue Orser is the most awful coach ever. Because I don't think so. I think Orser is a very good coach but both had differences of opinion.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Ohhhhh. I thought it was this year's Worlds where Yu-Na was all kinds of messed up.

I was actually there so I guess I wasn't paying attention to the protocols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    No matter what happened this past month, can we just remember the magical four years of Yuna and Brian without rewriting the history?

I don't care about who did what in that splitting. But I would hate to doubt the trust they had during the years they had together. Yuna repeatedly said she would stay with Brian until she retires even after she won OGM and Brian gave his heart and soul to this girl.

Something happened between March and August, but that doesn't change what they had in the previous four years.
    Copper's got the right view. They're sounding like two people in the midst of a nasty divorce. I hope they reach the point of being able to acknowledge and accept that there were some tremendously good things even if it didn't end the way either had hoped.

vCash
    Ohhhhh. I thought it was this year's Worlds where Yu-Na was all kinds of messed up.

I was actually there so I guess I wasn't paying attention to the protocols.
    No. I think it was pretty clear that situation was all Yu-na. What I don't understand is why everyone was pushing Yu-na to skate at that competition, if that was Yu-na's attitude towards the competition. A part of me wonders if Yu-na was being heavily pressured by Mama, and that was her being passive aggressive. Fine I'll skate, but I won't really try.

To be frank, I think it would be a bit much for them to still hold that against Orser.

But in general I feel like if Yu-na wants a coach that will train her harder or whatever, that's Yu-na's choice and decision. And she's got every right to leave Orser for it. In the end its Yu-na's skating and she's the one who has to be comfortable with those types of things. No matter how much the coach has done for the skater. Skaters get to be selfish about that kind of thing, and not be demonized for it.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    People are talking about 2009 worlds when Yu-na lost credit for her final combination spin. She aparently changed the spin after Four Continents, but nobody checked the rules. The spin didn't count because she did two combination spins, when she needed another kind.

You need to be careful about what you read and take a break from this topic because the final spin she skated at worlds in the same as the spin she skate at 4CC which is the same as the spin she skated at GPF. Both of those events she got credited for.

What did change is her second spin. In all events she went from her spiral sequence straight into her 3S and then straight into a FCoSp. What changed at worlds is she didn't FLY into that combination spin. Why didn't she? Who knows but directly before that she had a brainfart and popped her 3S.

The point. You read something on a Yuna board and come here and write essays speculating about motives and what was going on and you have this basic fact wrong. So expanding on that perhaps all the other stuff you and others are reading are also not based in fact and it's ridiculous continuing this.

And now I will hop on the Copper wagon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    You need to be careful about what you read and take a break from this topic because the final spin she skated at worlds in the same as the spin she skate at 4CC which is the same as the spin she skated at GPF. Both of those events she got credited for.

What did change is her second spin. In all events she went from her spiral sequence straight into her 3S and then straight into a FCoSp. What changed at worlds is she didn't FLY into that combination spin. Why didn't she? Who knows but directly before that she had a brainfart and popped her 3S.

The point. You read something on a Yuna board and come here and write essays speculating about motives and what was going on and you have this basic fact wrong. So expanding on that perhaps all the other stuff you and others are reading are also not based in fact and it's ridiculous continuing this.

I read on Goldenskate article where Yu-na herself talks about the fact that she changed one of her spins, after Four Continents. I didn't check to see which one she was talking about. The point was correct though that she changed one of her spins, and if it was just a spinning error on Yu-na's part, Brian wouldn't have taken responsibility for it, neither would Yu-na. They themselves in their own words said it was cause they didn't check. Do you want me to link the article?

So the point was correct, even if my exact details weren't. Because once again believe it or not I don't analyze her every single program, for every single detail and I can't remember ever single spin she's ever done since a year ago. I remember that she lost credit for a spin, because she didn't check the rules.

And I was just stating what I read on that forum and I clarified it was on that forum, as to bring up a source. But was trying to point out that it probably means differences in training desires. Even Brian himself alluded to differences with Yu-na's mother about these types of things.

And for the record, this is the first time I've discussed this subject really in about a week.
    Last edited by bek; 09-10-2010 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post

The fact is that Yuna had another back injury prior to worlds, and flying camel was hurting her. They (Kim and Orser) decided to just get rid of flying part.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    The fact is that Yuna had another back injury prior to worlds, and flying camel was hurting her. They (Kim and Orser) decided to just get rid of flying part.
    Source please

At least THAT makes sense.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast