Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Still, no one gave the name of any elite skater who was at the club when YuNa arrived there, no matther how bright past it had. I didn't deny in my post that it had a great history in the past. But, YuNa was the only elite skater at that time.

Don't forget that it was YuNa who persuaded Orser to be a coach. He didn't even have coaching license. IIRC, he got it sometime in early 2007. Without YuNa, propbably he wouldn't still be a coach. YuNa was the first, the only and perfect proof that he had coaching ability. Without YuNa, who could have proven that so perfectly. Certainly, YuNa helped to rebuild the Cricket club skating.

No YuNa, no Orser the world class coach now and no current Cricket Club as far as elite skating is concerned. (Of course, the converse may be true; no Orser, YuNa may not be Oly Champ now.)

YuNa brought many junior, senior Korean skaters to the Cricket club in summer, which certainly helped the club.

YuNa also brought financial interests to her fellow skaters by inviting Rippon, the Kirkland team, the Khongs to her shows. Orser and Wilson were always directors of her shows. That kind of things cetainly helped the club's reputation, I think.
    Last edited by lakewood; 09-17-2010 at 04:29 AM.

vCash
    No YuNa, no Orser the world class coach now and no current Cricket Club as far as elite skating is concerned. (Of course, the converse may be true; no Orser, YuNa may not be Oly Champ now.)
    I don't think that's completely true while Brian wasn't necessarily looking to be a coach right then and there he and Yu-na came into contact because he was teaching some classes, and he was already in charge of the Cricket Club. I think Brian's foray into coaching, was inevitable. What Yu-na did was put his career and the Cricket Club's resurgence on the fast track.

Personally I think both Yu-na and Brian helped each other and I found it sad how their break up came about. I won't judge anyone for ending the relationship but you would think both sides would have handled the break up better given how much both sides should be grateful to the other. I'll agree though that Team Kim should be the most grateful (although I won't say they necessarily should stick with him forever) because she did get an OGM while coached by him and he helped her to manage injuries etc.
    Last edited by bek; 09-17-2010 at 04:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    Still, no one gave the name of any elite skater who was at the club when YuNa arrived there, no matther how bright past it had. I didn't deny in my post that it had a great history in the past. But, YuNa was the only elite skater at that time.
    If you define a club being successful and/or prosperous as a club having an elite skater, then you don't know a lot about how clubs operate. The majority of clubs (in Canada and elsewhere) don't have any elite skaters, and somehow manage to survive year after year.

YuNa brought many junior, senior Korean skaters to the Cricket club in summer, which certainly helped the club.
    As has been pointed out before, there were skaters from Korea and other countries coming to the Cricket Club in summer school long before Yu-Na was there.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Don't forget that it was YuNa who persuaded Orser to be a coach. He didn't even have coaching license. IIRC, he got it sometime in early 2007. Without YuNa, propbably he wouldn't still be a coach. YuNa was the first, the only and perfect proof that he had coaching ability. Without YuNa, who could have proven that so perfectly. Certainly, YuNa helped to rebuild the Cricket club skating.

You're forgetting that Orser wasn't planning on a coaching career at that time, he had doubts about it. Yuna (and Mrs. Kim) had to ask him MULTIPLE times before he agreed to coach her (this has been well documented in the media). Without her, he probably would've continued doing what he was doing then.

So no, she didn't "save his career" no matter how hard you try to imply that she did.

vCash

Who is Yuna?

Yuna is...

1. Olympic Champion.
    2. World Champion.
    3. Grand Prix Final Champion.
    4. Four Continent Champion.
    98. One of the 100 Most Influential Person...by TIME
    99. UNICEF AMBASSADOR.
    100. Elected as the GREATEST SKATER of ALL TIME by fans.

What you guys want to prove...?

Yuna is useless and has no impact to SKATING CLUBS? or
    Yuna is SO GREAT that the Cricket Club can not survive without her?

Pls. STOP unnecessary argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Amarant View Post
    You're forgetting that Orser wasn't planning on a coaching career at that time, he had doubts about it. Yuna (and Mrs. Kim) had to ask him MULTIPLE times before he agreed to coach her (this has been well documented in the media). Without her, he probably would've continued doing what he was doing then.

So no, she didn't "save his career" no matter how hard you try to imply that she did.
    Why do you have to make it so extreme? Lakewood didn't say anything like Yuna saved Brian's career. She/he gave credits to both of them for their success (i.e., "no Orser, YuNa may not be Oly Champ now" said by Lakewood). Brian and Yuna were good to each other. Can't you just leave it like that?

vCash
    I have a memory of many of Lakewood's posts on the forum. Not just the previous one.

I'm also getting really tired of various other posters who have taken the stance that Yuna "saved" Brian's coaching career after their split. I wanted to clarify that Orser never intended to be a coach before Yuna approached him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatingAnalyst View Post
    Yuna is...

1. Olympic Champion.
    2. World Champion.
    4. Four Continent Champion.
    98. One of the 100 Most Influential Person...by TIME
    99. UNICEF AMBASSADOR.

What you guys want to prove...?

Yuna is useless and has no impact to SKATING CLUBS? or
    Yuna is SO GREAT that the Cricket Club can not survive without her?

Pls. STOP unnecessary argument.
    Evgeni Plushenko is...

1. Olympic Champion.
    2. World Champion.
    4. European Champion
    5. Eurovision winner
    98 King of Russian mullets.
    99. Russian sports politican

Which means your argument is clearly invalid.

Seriously, bots, stop this BS already. There were many great skaters before Yeona, and there will be many alike. Just stop trying to push your überdom down on our throats that she is the best thing happenning to figure skating/mankind. Because she isn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post

Seriously, bots, stop this BS already. There were many great skaters before Yeona, and there will be many alike. Just stop trying to push your überdom down on our throats that she is the best thing happenning to figure skating/mankind. Because she isn't.
    Not that I would have chosen Plushenko, but thank you anyway for making the right point! YuNa is a great skater, but she is not the savior of the world. The bots and YuNa's mother and her minions have done more to annoy me than can be imagined.

vCash
    [QUOTE=igniculus;2878213]Evgeni Plushenko is...

Which means your argument is clearly invalid.

__________________________________________________ ____

When was Evgeni electec as the greatest by fans?
    That means...REALLY SOMETHING...because...

It shows his POPULARITY.

I'm a man so I didn't pay attention to male skaters.
    All I knew was...is OLYMPIC CHAMPION and RUSSIAN.

vCash

Russians I respect and love

I respect Mikhail Gorbachev more than any politicians in the world.

and

I love Irina Slutskaya.

Oh, I forgot the GRAND and GRACE...Multiple Olympic Champion.
    I always thought...They were the GREATEST...from my heart !

vCash
    Today at a press interview after the UN international day of peace ceremony, she was asked about how the process of hiring a new coach is going on. She said now there are two specific candidates, both American male coaches who are based in LA area. She ruled out Arutunian by saying no when some reporter asked if one of them is a former coach of Mao Asada. She says she is most likely to remain in LA and make it as her long-term training ground.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-18-2010 at 12:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Evgeni Plushenko is...
    5. Eurovision winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    She ruled out Arthurian by saying no when some reporter asked if one of them is a former coach of Mao Asada.
    Do you mean Rafael Arutunian?

vCash
    Thank you amaro. We can perhaps return to the topic....hopefully.

I was so sure she was going to consider Arutunian. I'm guessing Oppegard is one of the candidates. Which other recognizable coaches are based in LA? Scott Williams, John Nicks, and Frank Carroll come to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Do you mean Rafael Arutunian?

Yes. The former coach of Kwan and Asada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Not that I would have chosen Plushenko, but thank you anyway for making the right point! YuNa is a great skater, but she is not the savior of the world. The bots and YuNa's mother and her minions have done more to annoy me than can be imagined.
    I think you have been one of the most relentlessly annoying stockers in Yuna threads, and enough is enough. How many times do people here have to remind you of the freaking thread topic before you stop your stupid trollbaiting? Go to Trash Can, make your own thread, and continue there with your snarky bashing on Yuna, her mom or whoever you wish.

igniculus, you are a Maobot, and you have been pretty consistent in pushing YOUR überdom down on our throats that Mao is the best thing that has happened to mankind. She isn't, as Yuna is not.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-18-2010 at 02:58 AM.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatingAnalyst View Post
    Yuna is...

I demand a recount.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    I think you have been one of the most relentlessly annoying stockers in Yuna threads, and enough is enough. How many times do people here have to remind you of the freaking thread topic before you stop your stupid trollbaiting? Go to Trash Can, make your own thread, and continue there with your snarky bashing on Yuna, her mom or whoever you wish.

igniculus, you are a Maobot, and you have been pretty consistent in pushing YOUR überdom down on our throats that Mao is the best thing happening to figure skating/mankind. She isn't, as Yuna is not.
    Overreacting, much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    Overreacting, much?
    Maybe you are right. I admit I lost my temper a bit from seeing all the posts that keep bringing up things irrelevant to the topic. But Rottie pointed out, Yuna threads seem to go south almost every time.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-18-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast