Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1043

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=354392

Includes a quote from Meryl Davis about V&M.

I'm not sure why V&M decided to skate here/this season. Maybe they are being pressured by SC to help keep three spots for next year? Maybe there are financial tie-ins with their ROOTS deal (if they win they get $xxxxx dollars?). Who knows.

The program looks interesting. Who knows if we'll ever see it in full though.

vCash
    Good call to quit before causing worse problems. Hope it wasn't too late already. I'm sure the long flights don't help that kind of injury. I hope before they really decide to compete at worlds that they get lots of expert input to make sure doing so will not cause any permanent problem. Otherwise it just isn't worth the risk, imho as a non-athlete. I know athletes have a different perspective on things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=354392

Includes a quote from Meryl Davis about V&M.

I'm not sure why V&M decided to skate here/this season. Maybe they are being pressured by SC to help keep three spots for next year? Maybe there are financial tie-ins with their ROOTS deal (if they win they get $xxxxx dollars?). Who knows.

The program looks interesting. Who knows if we'll ever see it in full though.
    Quote from Meryl saound inetersting. Maybe now Meryl and Charlie dont need to have this sweet image and all time talk, how they are all best friends in Canton and they have different PR agancy with T-S.
    I like this quote? because at least she tell truth.
    Maybe SC need them because of ROOTes deal? I cant understand Slipchuck - why they push Tessa so hard? Now i am happy she stoped this perfomance, when she feel something going wrong (dont know what), brecause i remember, how she hurt herself at 2009 4CC - it was hard to watch.
    And hope Tessa will made what will be better for her.
    From other side - they did really masrepiece FD, working so hard and couldnt show it - i think its double dissapointment.

vCash
    Best wishes to Tessa for a speedy recovery! What little could be seen from their FD looked beautiful and interesting.

vCash
    Interesting, were Tessas physiotherapist, who were with her at OG, at 4CC?

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Quote from Meryl saound inetersting. Maybe now Meryl and Charlie dont need to have this sweet image and all time talk, how they are all best friends in Canton and they have different PR agancy with T-S.
    I like this quote? because at least she tell truth.
    Oh yes. Meryl is a raving beyotch because she dares to be happy with how she and her partner skated and won, and isn't utterly devastated that another team had to withdraw with injury. What an evil, horrible creature she is.

Pani, sometimes you really outdo yourself in terms of batsh*t crazy.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Oh yes. Meryl is a raving beyotch because she dares to be happy with how she and her partner skated and won, and isn't utterly devastated that another team had to withdraw with injury. What an evil, horrible creature she is.

Pani, sometimes you really outdo yourself in terms of batsh*t crazy.
    I didn't take pani's comment that way at all. She even said she liked the quote because she told the truth...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Pani is passive-aggressive, especially when it comes to Meryl. It's been going on for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Interesting, were Tessas physiotherapist, who were with her at OG, at 4CC?
    Physiotherapist rehabilitate, don't make miracles. By the way as far as I know you need at least two week of rest to heal from a muscle strain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Physiotherapist rehabilitate, don't make miracles. By the way as far as I know you need at least two week of rest to heal from a muscle strain.
    Hope they will let Tessa have a good rest.
    How do you feel from this video, could this be muscle strain? Because i thought you couldnt use this leg, if you have muscle strain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Pani is passive-aggressive, especially when it comes to Meryl. It's been going on for years.
    This time i didnt say nothing. I said i like her words. And this was her words, not mine.

vCash
    If for whatever reason V&M are unable to compete at worlds I think they would bring the program back next year.

I have watched it only at work without sound so I'm interested to see it when I get home and tomorrow on tv.

As for Meryl's comment - I don't find anything wrong with what she said at all.

I doubt that SC or Roots is pushing V&M .. I suspect they are pushing themselves. I suspect the recovery and the training has been going very well. This could be a minor setback especially if it isn't related to the original injury. However, this event was very important in order to get feedback.

vCash
    I read the article and there is nothing there from Meryl that would indicate anything nasty toward Tessa.
    What she said was
    "They have gone through a lot this season," Davis said of the Canadians. "I'm not exactly sure what happened, but we don't really think about it too much. When we come into competitions, we worry about skating our best. When we leave a competition, we're thinking about how we can improve. I'm sure they are disappointed but we are excited and happy with how we skated."
    There is nothing there that I read where Meryl is slamming her teammates. She made one comment about what V&M and then talked about she and her partner - keeping the focus where it should be.
    BTW, I am a BIIIIIIG V&M fan. Just saying.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I hope Virtue doesn't have compartment syndrome in her thigh. She was shaking out her left leg as they took the ice.

During the Grey Cup in November, TSN or whoever carried it, did a fluff piece on a CFL player who had compartment sydrome in his thigh. His doctor was the same as Tessa's.

vCash
    I hope Virtue doesn't have compartment syndrome in her thigh. She was shaking out her left leg as they took the ice.

During the Grey Cup in November, TSN or whoever carried it, did a fluff piece on a CFL player who had compartment sydrome in his thigh. His doctor was the same as Tessa's.
    OMG..... One more surgery? O no....

vCash
    Fabulous dance moments in the beginning of the program. I hope I'll get good news from Tessa and Scott and see them skate their full potential next time.

vCash

That was Andy Fantuz, formerly of the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
    He had to have several surgeries many years ago, but he was able to completely overcome it, and is on his way to the NFL next season.

I hope it is not compartment syndrome in Tessa's thigh!
    Last edited by mapleleafsk8fan; 02-18-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: mistake

vCash
    We have some news from Tessa herself. All the best wishes of speedy recovery ! http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/122.../ID=1803680401

vCash
    I'm on the world's slowest broadband and I can't get it to stream properly. What does she say, icedance?

vCash
    Shouldn't this thread be closed now?

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast