Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1043

vCash
    For those who didn't see it

It's clearly an awesome dance. But you definitely see the rust (the end of the twizzle section, most obviously).

vCash
    I'm so nervous..

ETA- Pani, Meryl/Charlie looked worried, especially at the end of their interview. Not happy..

vCash
    Was there something wrong with her foot/boot? Marina and Igor seemed to be looking at them alot. Or am I totally off the mark?

Anyway, I hope she's OK.

vCash
    Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir had been leading, but cut their free skate short after Virtue felt stiffness in her thigh.
    http://twitter.com/#!/unisports_skate
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/st...ontinents.html

vCash
    Can I have an internet group hug??

I just got home from the competition... I was a nervous wreck the whole day and it turned to shock... Their twizzles were amazing during the warm up but when they made a mistake I actually was somewhat relieved because I knew then that they can't win and the next 3 minutes I can just enjoy their skating. They wowed the crowed with their first lift but then they stopped......and I was in SHOCK.

I knew they weren't going to be ON because Tessa looked nervous during warm up but at least the opening of their FD was great... They had the crowd feeding off of their hands with their first "body wiggle". But what happened afterward really sucked the energy away from the building

This is probably my only chance to ever see them live, I was SO THRILLED when I learned 4CC is in Taipei and V/M will be debuting here... pretty much their 1 year anniversary of their Olympic victory! But it wasn't meant to be... I guess I can blame no one but the Skate Gods *SHAKEFIST*

I hope we hear something soon from team Zueva and everything is alright. Also hope they can come back strong to finish the season if they are healthy.

vCash
    ((((walei))))

We all need a virtual group hug, I think. You poor thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Can I have an internet group hug??

I just got home from the competition... I was a nervous wreck the whole day and it turned to shock... Their twizzles were amazing during the warm up but when they made a mistake I actually was somewhat relieved because I knew then that they can't win and the next 3 minutes I can just enjoy their skating. They wowed the crowed with their first lift but then they stopped......and I was in SHOCK.

I knew they weren't going to be ON because Tessa looked nervous during warm up but at least the opening of their FD was great... They had the crowd feeding off of their hands with their first "body wiggle". But what happened afterward really sucked the energy away from the building

This is probably my only chance to ever see them live, I was SO THRILLED when I learned 4CC is in Taipei and V/M will be debuting here... pretty much their 1 year anniversary of their Olympic victory! But it wasn't meant to be... I guess I can blame no one but the Skate Gods *SHAKEFIST*

I hope we hear something soon from team Zueva and everything is alright. Also hope they can come back strong to finish the season if they are healthy.
    Dont be sad - at least you saw there SD.
    I understand, its sad to not see skating of your favorite skaters, but this is life.
    Bad things often happened in the World, but we must to learn from this. Things happend for a reason/ Even if think at first, this is unfair.
    Who knows, maybe retriement will bring something much better in there lifes?
    Or you will see there skatinf "live" in some show, wich will be in Taipei? We couldnt know...
    So, Tessa worry during warm-up?

vCash
    **hugs, Walei** you just took the words right out of my mouth.

Did they say anything about Tessa and Scott withdrawing? Scott looked like he was there for Tessa, did it seem like he was very supportive? Poor Tessa looked so sad

vCash
    Just off the phone with my CBC colleague Scott Russell who says that it's official - Tessa is Injured. He phoned me within moments of concluding a phone call with Skate Canada's high performance director, Michael Slipchuk, who stated that tessa felt a tightness in her left quad muscle. Slipchuk goes on to say that it "is all part of the process in getting to be back on top." Strange choice of words in my mind - injury should not be part of the process.
    Source: http://apps.pjkwong.com/blog/

vCash
    So sad - they happened before slow part will start, where they could have a little rest.
    Its look, like she feel something wrong during twizzles. And they all look at her legs - they all look so sad.

vCash
    Cdns Virtue, Moir pull out 30 seconds into free program at #FourContinents. Virtue had tight quad, unrelated to surgery.

Virtue's quad tightness won't change their plans to compete at next month's world champs.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ewingsports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    **hugs, Walei** you just took the words right out of my mouth.

Did they say anything about Tessa and Scott withdrawing? Scott looked like he was there for Tessa, did it seem like he was very supportive? Poor Tessa looked so sad
    The announcer just said they have withdrawn from the competition and everyone in the crowd were confused. Yeah Scott was very comforting he was right beside Tessa padding her back. He was very professional and wasn't showing any unnecessary emotions during the whole ordeal. There were close ups of Tessa on the big screen in the area when she was at the boards talking to Z/S, her look was blank... and you could see her wiping away a few tears as they walked away from the arena.

((((((Tessa & Scott))))))) I think they need it more right now!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Cdns Virtue, Moir pull out 30 seconds into free program at #FourContinents. Virtue had tight quad, unrelated to surgery.

Virtue's quad tightness won't change their plans to compete at next month's world champs.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ewingsports
    OMG GOOD NEWS (given the circumstances)!!!

I really want them to show this FD, the first minute was SOOOOO promising and it was so going to shut all their critics up. They can't do it here in Taipei but I hope they will do it in Tokyo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    OMG GOOD NEWS (given the circumstances)!!!

I really want them to show this FD, the first minute was SOOOOO promising and it was so going to shut all their critics up. They can't do it here in Taipei but I hope they will do it in Tokyo!
    Still no words from Scott or Tessa...... Look, like they could talk now. So dissapointed.

vCash
    I wonder why they still want to compete at Worlds? I admire their competitive spirit, but I'm sure they are well aware of the politics surrounding ice dance. To debut at Worlds is incredibly difficult, and the chances of winning are extremely slim. Maybe they don't care and just like being at competitions, but considering how strategic they've been in the past, this seems atypical. Is there some contract they've signed where they've promised to compete this year or something? Or is it to try to maximize Skate Canada's dance spots for next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I wonder why they still want to compete at Worlds? I admire their competitive spirit, but I'm sure they are well aware of the politics surrounding ice dance. To debut at Worlds is incredibly difficult, and the chances of winning are extremely slim. Maybe they don't care and just like being at competitions, but considering how strategic they've been in the past, this seems atypical. Is there some contract they've signed where they've promised to compete this year or something? Or is it to try to maximize Skate Canada's dance spots for next year?
    They've already won the biggest prize possible. Maybe they just enjoy the whole competitive scene? I don't know, I'm having youtube issues, so I can't watch the video, but the description on icenetwork was disconcerting. I can't figure out why they're so adamant about competing THIS season-I almost think it would be better to call it a good try and come back next year, re-invigorated and ready to try again.

vCash
    In her blog PJ Kwon wright:
    The team had been scheduled for a press conference to take place about now (10:30am ET) and would not be appearing - presumably so that Tessa can get the necessary attention.

http://apps.pjkwong.com/blog/?e=6074...and%20Scott%3F

So they couldnt talk yet with the press......
    Sap5 - really dont know. If they things was so bad, why they didnt go in pro, like Lysacheck and Rochett did? They could take more money if they retried after OG.
    But maybe Scott really want to compete and Tessa didnt want to dissapointed him? And they work so hard to made this FD - so many new elements. Maybe they want to show it?
    She was so greate in this dance - i never saw skater, who could dance latina on ice, like she did.
    And this information about WCh - it wasnt from T-S. Like i understand, they didnt talk with the press yet.

vCash
    True, but remember, this is a team that despite being under-trained, debuted the highest scoring SD of the season.

Recall, V/M's initial plan was to skate through this season then have the surgery post-Worlds/WTT. Tessa's pain was too much for that.

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast