Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So have they officially announced their FD music?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    So have they officially announced their FD music?
    Not yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    I'm going to assume that's not the final SD. Because if it is then I am really worried about what's going on with S/Z and their teams. 80% of the dance appeared to be a combo of last year's CD, the footwork from last year's OD and some ancient elements from UofC I can't believe they're that hard up for new material at Canton.

But I did love the dancey quality of it!
    I am worry only about step sequence, because i think this step SS will be 100% in there SD. Hope they will mad esome changes. If this SD they show at HPC, maybe they were said what they need to change in this SD.
    I dont know, look, like Marina didnt have time for them yet. But they have time to made some changes.
    And i cant imaging they could skate so fast, like this samba tempo is. And i cant even imaging, who could do this.

vCash
    They may skate the samba like they did the Flamenco-stepping on only some of the beats.

My worry about the step sequences, (and that goes for V&M, D&W and S&B) is that Z&S may not have read the rules all that well this year. The level 1 & 2 step sequences that the Shibs and K/G-S got at Nebelhorn is worrisome, and I wonder whether the coach/choreographer quite understood how the rules changed for steps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    They may skate the samba like they did the Flamenco-stepping on only some of the beats.

My worry about the step sequences, (and that goes for V&M, D&W and S&B) is that Z&S may not have read the rules all that well this year. The level 1 & 2 step sequences that the Shibs and K/G-S got at Nebelhorn is worrisome, and I wonder whether the coach/choreographer quite understood how the rules changed for steps.
    Shibs get level 1 for there SS in FD ? I think there FD marks look much better, then in SD. Who is K/D-S?
    Tobias-Stagnionas not a best skaters i am not wonder they had low levels at Nebelhorn.
    Its look ,like Igor have problems with SD - his skaters didnt get good marls for SD this season. I hope he will read rules more carefull.
    And i feel sorry for Chock-Zurlein - they had 5 - 5.5 for components at LP dance champinship. Shibs had much better component score in FD at Nebelhorn.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash

But if you look at all the teams the vast majority got low levels. Aside from whoever coaches the Russian and German teams I think all the coaches might want to go over the rules.

Or the tech panel needs to go over the rules
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Not yet

No but if you check the program of All that Skate you can find:

Act.1 Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir- "Schenkst Du Beim Tango Min Dein Herz" by Dajos Bela
    & Nights and Days by Waldemar Kazanecki

Act.2 Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - "Hip Hip Chindchin" by Club des Belugas
    & "Temptation" by Diana Krall
    & "Mujer Latina" by Thalia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Tha...r,_Los_Angeles

vCash
    Yes, I agree that many coaches need to go over the rules again, not just Z/S. But generally, Z/S have been on top of the rules-this year, they clearly have a problem.

K/G-S is Lynn Kriengkrairut & Logan Giuletti-Schmitt, which I have probably misspelled.

vCash
    Yes, I agree that many coaches need to go over the rules again, not just Z/S. But generally, Z/S have been on top of the rules-this year, they clearly have a problem.

K/G-S is Lynn Kriengkrairut & Logan Giuletti-Schmitt, which I have probably misspelled.
    O, i understand

Yes, usually S-Z was on the top of the all rules, but this season maybe they didnt have a lot off time to pay attention to all this changes.
    But, P-B had low level of SS too, C-L had 1-2 levels for SS..... The highest technical marks had Ziganshina-Gadji - and they are not a best skaters. I think all need time to work with all this new rules.
    And i am wonder, why Shibotanies didnt made level 4 twizzles?

vCash
    K/G-S are not coached/choreographed by Shpilband and Zoueva, they are in Ann Arbor with Yasa/Iouri.

The new rules are going to take some getting used to. And I imagine judges are being tougher on step sequences this season. I'm sure levels will come up as coaches and skaters adjust.

vCash
    Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI had level 3 for both step sequenses. Anothe teams, who had level 3 for 1 SS was Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO (usually Gorshkov gave greate technicall base for his skaters, mabe this was truth) and Sarah ARNOLD / Justin TROJEK. I cant imaging, that this team could show better edges and overall skating skills better, then P-B and Shibutanies (C-L had problems with the steps before). I think it was really strange judging at this competition. How Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK could have even higher levels of 1 of the SS, then Shib or the same, like P-B with there skating skills?
    With this judge=ing we could have champions, like Grushina-Goncharov was

vCash
    Gorshkov, better than anyone, should know the rules, I would think? Was he not head of the ISU dance technical committee? And was not the SD something he has been pushing?

I find it hard to believe in a set of rules that puts Z/G over the Shibutanis, C/L, and P/B in technical skills.

In the SD, Maia fell before their twizzles even qualified for level1-I am fine with that. However,they did not get level 4 in the FD, only level 3.

Crumb, what would these rules do to Klimova and Ponomarenko?

vCash
    Rather late to the party and posting in the midst of another topic, but I quite liked the new SD -- the music was a little quirky (the scratchy '20s record effect of the tango piece really worked for me), the footwork, Tessa's in particular, was fantastic, and the overall effect was something more truly dance-oriented than many of the other SDs I've seen thus far have seemed to be. The program isn't competition standard, but that's not their concern.

vCash
    Gorshkov, better than anyone, should know the rules, I would think? Was he not head of the ISU dance technical committee? And was not the SD something he has been pushing?
    Alexei Gorshkov - former coach of Denkova / Staviski and Domnina / Shabalin

Alexander Gorshkov - former olympic champion, former chairman of the ice dance technical committee, and current president of the russian federation.

(not that I'm an expert in the various Goshkovs but I made the same mistake before someone corrected me )

vCash
    Thank you. That's why the question marks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    One pass of last year's CD is a required element in this year's SD.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott had both this International Plowing Match
    Somebody know what is this?

vCash
    Seems to be very much what it sounds like...

2010 International Plowing Match - St. Thomas, Ontario

And here's the photo.

I read somewhere a mention that Tessa and Scott were in the BMO Financial Group tent, but I can't track down the original source of the info. It makes about as much sense as anything else, though, given the BMO/Skate Canada ties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Seems to be very much what it sounds like...

2010 International Plowing Match - St. Thomas, Ontario

And here's the photo.

I read somewhere a mention that Tessa and Scott were in the BMO Financial Group tent, but I can't track down the original source of the info. It makes about as much sense as anything else, though, given the BMO/Skate Canada ties.
    Thank you!
    Look like they are still too busy. Hope they have time for reast and traning.
    Untill LA show - one week. Cant waite to see there latin FD. Hope we will have some videos

vCash
    Anothe teams, who had level 3 for 1 SS was Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO (usually Gorshkov gave greate technicall base for his skaters, mabe this was truth) and Sarah ARNOLD / Justin TROJEK.
    Why would you think that Arnold/Trojek would not have a strong technical base, and thus good levels? As far as I know they are coached by Paul McIntosh, who is the original coach of Virtue/Moir before they went to Shpilband/Zueva.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast