Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Fusar Poli/Margaglio in their 2000 OD if I'm not mistaken had Mujer Latina in some part of it

vCash
    As judy said, I think they're holding back on the lifts..there were at least two places where they looked like they were skating through them. Although I'm still feeling ambivalent about the SD format in general , this dance holds great possibilities.( Love the tango feet.)

I still have seen no official announcement of their FD music..maybe someone else has ? But it was reported up thread ( or on another thread ?) that these three peices of music were listed for them at Yuna's LA show..and it was earlier reported that they would be showing their FD there...so it's looking like a ducky, I think.

If they are using the Thalia "Mujer Latina", it's quite a bit faster than the version F/M used.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    You're kidding! Ugh, I can't stand his music. Hope they give that one up.
    Different strokes for different folks. I listen to Adam Lambert and then I listen to Linken Park...then follow that up with Richard Cheese. I sometimes even listen to all of the above on my ipod and listen to Cirque de Soleil music.

I am interested to see what the programs look like come SC. I hope they are refined a lot esp the SD which I wasn't overly impressed with.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    The SD at Shall We Dance looks like it was 20% of the real program and 80% filler. The entire waltz section was just skated through, and other than the footwork sequence, the one lift near the end, and possibly the twizzle sequence, there wasn't much there at all. Well, the tango feeling was there, and that was pretty good. I'm guessing the real thing is going to look quite a bit different.

vCash
    It was hard to get much of a feel for their SD from that video. I'm sure it will be good by Nov.

vCash
    They didn't look like they were trying as hard as they could during the SD. It didn't seem like it was polished or even all of the choreo. So I'm crossing my fingers it will be crisper and the lifts for the SD will be a lot stronger.

vCash
    Huh, that SD felt very classical and old-fashioned. I was surprised to see that old rotational lift being used again. I think the program will get better though too.

And omg, ice dancing and Adam Lambert?? WHEEEERE? Link please?

vCash
    It looked like that old lift was in a place the GW would be, so I don't think the lift would be there when the real SD is being competed.

I rather liked the old-fashioned look of it. It's not something you see all that often anymore. Looking forward to seeing the unmodified version to really get a sense of the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    It looked like that old lift was in a place the GW would be, so I don't think the lift would be there when the real SD is being competed.
    Oh, got it. Thanks!

vCash
    I think in LA show they will show the same version of this SD.
    And i dont know, what to think about there FD - will they show there reall FD or this will be show version too?

vCash
    I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. I have total faith in them that they will have 2 kicka$$ programs when it's important to have them.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    V/M are skating to Hiphip Chindchin by Club des Belugas, Temptation by Diana Krall and Mujer Latina by Thalia at ATS. Their new FD?
    I can't wait!!!

vCash
    I think it's going to be great when we actually get to see the real thing, since this was a bit too modified to see what it's really going to be like. From what I saw, though, it looks very classic.

vCash
    I liked it. And show program in September is NOT like competitive program in March.
    I liked the classic look of it. I like classic dancing and never think there is enough waltzing etc. Not everything has to be modern and weird to be good.

vCash
    I'm thinking that they simplified the SD for the show due to smaller ice size as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    As judy said, I think they're holding back on the lifts..there were at least two places where they looked like they were skating through them. Although I'm still feeling ambivalent about the SD format in general , this dance holds great possibilities.( Love the tango feet.)

I still have seen no official announcement of their FD music..maybe someone else has ? But it was reported up thread ( or on another thread ?) that these three peices of music were listed for them at Yuna's LA show..and it was earlier reported that they would be showing their FD there...so it's looking like a ducky, I think.

If they are using the Thalia "Mujer Latina", it's quite a bit faster than the version F/M used.

A lot of people complained about the first video last year of their FD .. and we all know that V&M won the Olympic gold with it. It's mid-September, there were parts of that dance that weren't fully skated to and it was also a bad camera. Skate Canada will be a better look and I doubt I'll be disappointed (although walz is not my fav and I hope she changes her dress).

How did D&W look?

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1BEJ_5FP8&NR=1

A copy of their modified Mahler number with the Canadian tenors has been posted on youtube.

vCash
    Now i wish to know, what Tessa and Scott was told about programs at HPC. And what Tryce Wilson think about there programs.
    At pictures from facebook Disson shows page, look, like Tessa was in old skates againe
    And i think there new direction is not voidy or something innovated, but they want to show they really could dance without acrobatics. What do you think about this?

vCash
    I'm going to assume that's not the final SD. Because if it is then I am really worried about what's going on with S/Z and their teams. 80% of the dance appeared to be a combo of last year's CD, the footwork from last year's OD and some ancient elements from UofC I can't believe they're that hard up for new material at Canton.

But I did love the dancey quality of it!

vCash
    One pass of last year's CD is a required element in this year's SD.

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast