vCash

Smile Side by side jumps (pairs) helped my jumps on my own

Hi! Last week my coach had me doing side by side jumps with her top boy skater (we are at about the same level.)
    I personally think her original intention was to have us try it, sort of as what we would look like together (pairs wise), although she did metion that it would maybe help both of our overall jump techniques on certain jumps. (It's a long story, but she really wants us to do pairs together - and so do I, but he has another partner, but she is so much weaker than him (jump and overall skating wise) and is really holding him back.)

Anyways, we did side-by-side single Axel thru 2A. He has a stronger axel, toe and loop and I have a stronger salchow and flip. (Our lutz's are about the same.)
    With each jump, our coach had the one who was the weaker of that jump follow/do the same timing as the one who had the stronger of that jump.

Anyways, it really helped. He was doing better 2S and 2F's and I was doing better Axels and Loops (the toe took a bit of getting used to doing it with his timing.) The best part, though was the double axels! I think I landed probably the best 2A I have ever landed because I did it with his pattern/timing (and he has quite a nice 2A.) We also did a really great sbs 2 lutz's, that were both great and in sync.
    Our coach was so happy (especially for the 2A I did) and she was amazed that we also did it at the same time/in sync, (especially since I have never done sbs, (or any pairs stuff before.)
    She also said that we looked great together (pair wise) (and I think it made her even more want us to do pairs together. (She coahes pairs and singles and coaches this boy and his current partner (but she didn't choose to pair them together.)

Anyways, just wanted to tell you guys the story and also tell you that (if you have the option), to give it a try, as it might help you overall with your jumps when you jumps singly.

All thoughts/replies/comments greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Pet_lover48

vCash
    Might I add, although I'm not a pair skater, sometimes I do sbs jumps (I'm a guy), with some of the girls and it's actually really fun. I've done sbsbs (so 3 skaters at once), it actually might help with the timing as well if your own timing is off sometimes. But yea, I'd recommend to try it if you guys have free time, and also sbs spins for fun could be interesting too!

vCash
    Hi! Thanks for the reply ltnskater. Wow, 3 people at once, that would probably be pretty hard. I know it was kind of hard just doing it with 2 people, but I'm sure it could really help your jumping too.

That's a good idea about the spins. I might try that (if I get the chance.)
    Thanks,
    Pet_lover48
    PS: Yes, your right, doing the side by sides it quite fun too.