Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Thanks to all the tour guides posting here
    I don't plan on going but I thought for those who are, that someone comment on any language issues that might exist.
    For example, I went to Japan a few years ago and visited mostly major cities including Tokyo. I was shocked at how little English was spoken there and in many/most places none was spoken. Thankfully I was with a friend in the US Navy stationed there who had invested time in learning some key phrases in Japan or I would have been toast!

Any counselling there might help those who do not speak any Asian languages....

Sounds like fun though. I'd love to come but for now I'd settle for getting it on TV!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    For example, I went to Japan a few years ago and visited mostly major cities including Tokyo. I was shocked at how little English was spoken there and in many/most places none was spoken. Thankfully I was with a friend in the US Navy stationed there who had invested time in learning some key phrases in Japan or I would have been toast!

Any counselling there might help those who do not speak any Asian languages...

Yes, shocking that not everybody everywhere speaks your native language. How dare they.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justAfsfan View Post
    Could someone please kindly help me on this

I saw on 4CC website

"The Organizing Committee will arrange the seats according to the actual registered time and dates. Any duplicate registrations, the Organizing Committee will reserve the ticket amount based on the latest registration record"

Is this apply to the first round of registration also. Bacause I register for Men and women fs for the first time and later I register for pair because I don't know that the duplicate policy is applied. Is this means I will only get ticket for pair FS?

Anyone know about this?
    I'm so sad now, I really looking forward to see Yuzuru LP.

I will be really grateful if someone can help me clarify since I still have time to book ticket for men sp, pair lp and free dance.
    Thank you so much
    I called the offical and she said yes you will only have pair, and most of ladies and men tickets are gone. But I may have a extra ticket, if need it pm me after 2/16.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newfsfan View Post
    Here is a picture of 'coffin', http://blog.roodo.com/spoon/archives/8686235.html
    It is a piece of fried bread stuff with some yammy

The squid in Vegetarian Squid with Green Vegetables is actually made with konjac jelly so it is a vegetarian dish.
    Thanks!

Back ot I can't wait for 4CCs! I will rush home each day for updates (sadly I have to work-can't switch days off again so soon after Nationals or the boss will get suspicios ).
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    I called the offical and she said yes you will only have pair, and most of ladies and men tickets are gone. But I may have a extra ticket, if need it pm me after 2/16.
    Many many thank you so much for your help,you are really kind!

vCash
    I just pick up a couple of tickets for each session free, it is really easy to get tickets and it costs nothing, so if anyone can get a last minute flight to Taipei next wek, it is really a bargain, and there are lots hotels within walking distance to the arean.
    I am so excited to see Asada, Ando, Nagasu, Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, Abbott
    and the rest. I think I saw Czisny at 2003 US National in Dallas, at the time she was a rising star with her sister, looking forward to seeing her again.
    what happen to her sister?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Alissa's fraternal twin sister's name is Amber. After Amber Czisny's one Senior Nationals in 2003, she had various injuries (feet, hips) that hampered her jumping and she trained for a little a while in ice dancing before retiring from competition. She graduated from college (Oakland University), coaches in the Detroit area, and was married this past November. ETA: Her Detroit SC coach listing mentions that she is a certified physical therapist.

newfsfan, I hope you will be sharing your personal impressions from 4 Continents here (or in the 4 Continents subforum in the Kiss and Cry section of the forum).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia, you are really amazing.

vCash
    I just pick up a couple of tickets for each session free, it is really easy to get tickets and it costs nothing, so if anyone can get a last minute flight to Taipei next wek, it is really a bargain, and there are lots hotels within walking distance to the arean.
    Did you actually pick up your tickets already? I'm in Taipei now and when we went to the arena were told that pick-up will begin on 2/15 (as indicated on the instructions.)

I was also informed that the free seats are located on the third level. When I asked about the lower levels, was told they are all sponsor seats. Hope this is not true, but even if it is, the price was right and so far, Taipei is fantastic!

vCash
    does anyone know, if there´s a livestream?

vCash

Taipei Arena Seating

Picked up tickets today and it turns out that the free seats are on Levels 2 and 3.

vCash
    I am in R2A, I also got some extra tickets the other day on Y2C.

vCash
    Unfortunately I am not going to 4CC, but I am visiting Taipei in October (my brother lives there). Thank you so much for all the information in this thread....I will copy and paste it into a document for reference when the trip gets closer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Did you actually pick up your tickets already? I'm in Taipei now and when we went to the arena were told that pick-up will begin on 2/15 (as indicated on the instructions.)

I was also informed that the free seats are located on the third level. When I asked about the lower levels, was told they are all sponsor seats. Hope this is not true, but even if it is, the price was right and so far, Taipei is fantastic!
    I am so delighted to hear that! I think I'm getting more excited about what people will think of Taipei than the actual competition itself.

Another place that I feel might be worth going to, but is a bit further away, is Wulai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wulai_District

It isn't the most stunning display of nature that Taiwan has to offer, but at least it's reachable with public transportation from Taipei City and is a nice one-day/half-day trip if you just want to see some pretty lush trees.

Here are some other natural park places (Yehliu and Yangmingshan) that are also a bit further from the city, but nice if you have some extra time for sightseeing.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...iu-Taipei.html

vCash
    Just wanted to add to some of the Taipei love. I was there 10 years ago. Shilin night market was my favourite among the night markets - it is the biggest and there is a lot of variety (clothes, food, etc.) I would also recommend the jade market for souvenirs. It is not that big (at least not 10 years ago) but they make fun trinkets out of jade. I bought a small jade keychain trinket shaped like a roller blade when I was there. There were no ice skates - I checked - but maybe some people will make some now that 4CC is there....

Restaurants I find intriguing but haven't tried are the Yonghe Soy Milk King (where you can drink hot soy milk 24 hours a day) and the Modern Toilet restaurant (where seats are in the shape of urinals). There is certainly a lot of variety in Taipei!

vCash
    Where's the thread about Chinese Skaters?

On Yue ZHANG's blog(weibo),
    She asks to find Xueting Guan who has disappeared.
    http://big5.chinanews.com:89/ty/2011.../3119651.shtml

It seems that Guan was abducted at knife-point and she was mugged.
    http://news.hfhouse.com/html/110618/...618124417.html

Xueting Guan is a Chinese ice dancer. They placed 8th at the 2011 4cc.
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010425.htm

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345