Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    who's competing this year for Chinese Taipei? The Yangs still competing? Stephen Kuo?
    No, the Yangs are no longer competing together. Last I heard, he had retired and she (Amanda Sunyoto-Yang) was looking for a pair partner. Stephen Kuo was not listed in the recent Nationals results, but I thought he was considering competing one more season because of 4CC being in Taipei. Corinna Lin was the only Senior lady that competed at Nationals. Melinda Wang competed at 2010 Four Continents and Junior Worlds and may be another possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justAfsfan View Post
    I don't live in Taiwan,but I love to attend 4CC, I already register for ticket on the website like you did.

Anyone know if I can be sure that the seat is booked by that registeration process because it is quite costly to me to fly to Taipei (and I also have to apply for visa) and I don't want to fly there to stay out of the arena.

I would be thankful for any infomation about this competition. Thank you so much
    I called last week and the lady told me that if you reserved tickets then you can pick up at the window with your id and email address.
    I live about one hour from Taipei so I don't go there often, but if anyone planning coming and needs info about transportation or lodging, I can try to help out, just pm me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes -- link (in Japanese) is:
    http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_...0procedure.pdf

I've heard that the US 4CC skaters/alternates won't have to be determined before the start of Nationals like last year, thankfully!
    How does it work when the entry form deadline is Jan.25,2011 ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    How does it work when the entry form deadline is Jan.25,2011 ?
    USFS got the okay from the ISU is what I heard.

Thanks to Marroncream for translating Japan's 4CC selection criteria document at:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...9&postcount=40
    Quote Originally Posted by Marroncream View Post
    Here's my translation.

Four Continents Championships

The decision is made when the National Championships ends with comprehensive consideration among skaters who meet one of the following criteria.

1. The best 6 of GPS, including GPF in the ranking
    2. 6th or higher place at the National Championships
    3. The best 6 in World Standings as of the end of the Nationals

The decision may be made with the consideration for getting points of World standings.

The skaters must compete in the Nationals which is the final qualifying meet.

In the case skaters who were in the 6th place or higher at World Championships in the past cannot be applied to the criteria above due to injury or its equivalents, they may be added to the candidates according to their possible condition at the time of the Four Continents Championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newfsfan View Post
    I called last week and the lady told me that if you reserved tickets then you can pick up at the window with your id and email address.
    I live about one hour from Taipei so I don't go there often, but if anyone planning coming and needs info about transportation or lodging, I can try to help out, just pm me.
    Woo so it is free!?

Did the lady say when the tickets can be picked up??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Woo so it is free!?

Did the lady say when the tickets can be picked up??
    I guess when the competition starts.

vCash
    Thank you so much!!!

vCash
    USFS got the okay from the ISU is what I heard.

Thanks to Marroncream for translating Japan's 4CC selection criteria document at:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...9&postcount=40
    Thanks, Sylvia. What's the criteria for US? It seems to me that US send same teams to Worlds and 4CC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    What's the criteria for US? It seems to me that US send same teams to Worlds and 4CC?
    There is no published criteria, AFAIK. Usually the top 3 (age-eligible) finishers in each discipline at US Nationals are offered Four Continents and it's their choice whether or not to accept. In 2009, the top 3 finishers at Nationals all went to Four Continents because it was held in the Olympic venue in Vancouver. With 4CC being in Asia this year, I expect some 4th place or lower finishers at Nationals may end up competing in Taiwan.

As I've posted elsewhere, I would like to see as many different US skaters as possible compete at Four Continents (Feb. 15-20), Junior Worlds (Feb. 28-March 6 in Korea) and Worlds (March 21-27 in Japan) so as to spread around the opportunities for gaining ISU World Standings ranking points.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-19-2010 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    No, the Yangs are no longer competing together. Last I heard, he had retired and she (Amanda Sunyoto-Yang) was looking for a pair partner. Stephen Kuo was not listed in the recent Nationals results, but I thought he was considering competing one more season because of 4CC being in Taipei. Corinna Lin was the only Senior lady that competed at Nationals. Melinda Wang competed at 2010 Four Continents and Junior Worlds and may be another possibility.
    Thank you! It is kind of too bad that Taipei gets a major event but there won't be too much "home" (via US) representation in any of the disciplines... Hopefully it will be a great showcase nonetheless to the country and promote the sport

vCash
    There is no published criteria, AFAIK. Usually the top 3 (age-eligible) finishers in each discipline at US Nationals are offered Four Continents and it's their choice whether or not to accept. In 2009, the top 3 finishers at Nationals all went to Four Continents because it was held in the Olympic venue in Vancouver. With 4CC being in Asia this year, I expect some 4th place or lower finishers at Nationals may end up competing in Taiwan.

As I've posted elsewhere, I would like to see as many different US skaters as possible compete at Four Continents (Feb. 15-20), Junior Worlds (Feb. 28-March 6 in Korea) and Worlds (March 21-27 in Japan) so as to spread around the opportunities for gaining ISU World Standings ranking points.
    I've seen US sent different skaters in Ladies and Men to Worlds and 4CC. However, in Ice Dance, B/A competed and meddled several times at 4CC. Not sure why there was different in that discipline. Was it the decision of USFS or the skater(s) to go to 4CC?

vCash
    The top U.S. pair and dance teams often elected to compete at Four Continents for the prize money/ranking points/extra comp. before Worlds. The decision is usually left up to the skaters and their coaches.

vCash
    Aside from Johnny Weir, the top ladies and men have competed at 4CC as well. There is enough time (about a month) in between 4CC and Worlds that it shouldn't be much of an issue to compete at both, I wouldn't think, even if both competitions are in Asia.

vCash
    I am bummed at not being able to attend this event. I have been to Taipei before and I just loved it! I am still scratching my head though as to why Grand Prix Final, 4CC and Worlds are all in Asia this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Aside from Johnny Weir, the top ladies and men have competed at 4CC as well. There is enough time (about a month) in between 4CC and Worlds that it shouldn't be much of an issue to compete at both, I wouldn't think, even if both competitions are in Asia.
    All of them have done 4CC but I've not seen Cohen or Kwan or Weir competed 4CC 4-5 years in a row like B/A. I think they did the first year when they were rising to the top US podium, then let the upcoming skaters get the opportunity to compete. As Sylvia posted that it should give many skaters as possible to spread around the opportunities for gaining ISU ranking or points. I totally agree with Sylvia's point of view.
    Last edited by rhumba; 12-21-2010 at 04:49 AM.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    I am bummed at not being able to attend this event. I have been to Taipei before and I just loved it! I am still scratching my head though as to why Grand Prix Final, 4CC and Worlds are all in Asia this season.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash

Welcome to Taipei

About practice, was told it is not open.
    About picking up tickets, detail info will be post on the offical website, please keep checking. Tickets are free, Taipei is a lot cheaper than Tokyo and food are delicious. Wishing more fans from abroad will consider coming, 4CC is during Chinese New Year time, so there will also be lots activities, and the city will be like christmas time with lots of decorations, it is really beautiful.
    The 2010 Taipei International Flora Expo is also open and is quiet nice. Worth coming a few days early to visit.
    http://beta.2010taipeiexpo.tw/MP_4.html

vCash
    Tickets are free
    Wow!!!!
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Thanks for the above link to the Flora Expo newfsfan. Hadn't realized that it will be open thru April--I surely plan to see it when I'm in Taipei for 4CC.

vCash
    About practice, was told it is not open.
    About picking up tickets, detail info will be post on the offical website, please keep checking. Tickets are free, Taipei is a lot cheaper than Tokyo and food are delicious. Wishing more fans from abroad will consider coming, 4CC is during Chinese New Year time, so there will also be lots activities, and the city will be like christmas time with lots of decorations, it is really beautiful.
    The 2010 Taipei International Flora Expo is also open and is quiet nice. Worth coming a few days early to visit.
    http://beta.2010taipeiexpo.tw/MP_4.html
    Chinese New Year falls early February this year, so 4CCs is a little too late to fit in with the official holidays. I was going to come from Beijing, but the timing doesn't suit. I'm going to see if I can still come, but with holidays for Chinese New Year already set, it is highly unlikely I will be able to take another break so soon after.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast