Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

2011 Four Continents-Taipei

Looks like an official website just went up for this event--but only in Mandarin, I believe. I plan to attend, but need some info in English. Here is the link to the site:

http://www.figureskating.com.tw/2011FCC/index.html

Is there anyone who can translate into English and let me know if there is any information about how to purchase tickets. I don't feel secure about going to Taipei without having tickets in hand. Any help or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

vCash
    There hasn't been any ticket information in the official website yet...

vCash
    It's been quite a while since there was an ISU event in Taiwan. I think the last time was a Junior Grand Prix event in 2006.

vCash
    It is only calling for volunters now, no ticket info yet. I am going to try to apply for it.

vCash

Official Website Up!

Here is a link to the official English website:

http://figureskating.com.tw/2011FCC/eng/default.php

There is a link for ticket ordering. I also posted a little more information in the K&C Forum.

vCash
    Argh! I'm vacationing in Taiwan in 3 weeks, if only I'd known, I would have waited until February.

vCash
    Just curious -- will China send a team to Taipei?

vCash
    The pairs compeition would be damaged if China didn't go. I don't think China sending athletes to Taiwan indicates China thinks Taiwan is independent so I doubt they would boycott 4CC.

vCash
    China did boycott that Junior Grand Prix event in Taiwan so unless they think differently about it China will probably boycott 4CC next year.

vCash
    I don't think it's a "boycott". Arranging the Taiwanese visa is troublesome for the Mainlanders and a minor event like JGP isn't worthy for that. Four Continents should be different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I don't think it's a "boycott". Arranging the Taiwanese visa is troublesome for the Mainlanders and a minor event like JGP isn't worthy for that. Four Continents should be different.
    Just dug out this thread from google as it looked like I have a slight chance of going next year .

I don't think China would boycott this event. In fact, a while ago the entire Chinese figure skating team, including the top pairs, performed in Taiwan. Hopefully China will send all the top pairs to Taipei this time, given that worlds is a month away and in the same time zone ...

BTW the corresponding English site is up in case anyone is interested:

http://figureskating.com.tw/2011FCC/eng/default.php

vCash
    Nope don't think China will boycott. Even though it's in Taiwan, we are officially known as Chinese Taipei in the sporting world. Also China did send teams to the World's Game and Deflympics last year which both were held here in Taiwan.

Don't think I can volunteer but I am SO going to be there!! It will be my first live FS event ever!!!!

vCash
    I don't think China will boycott, too.
    Yesterday, Pang/Tong announced that they will participate in the 2011 Winter Asian Games(wow), 4CC and Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by melonmelon View Post
    I don't think China will boycott, too.
    Yesterday, Pang/Tong announced that they will participate in the 2011 Winter Asian Games(wow), 4CC and Worlds.
    oh, gooooooooooood news! tnks!!

anyways, I loooooooove Pang/Tong's FS Liebestraum. If it's clean and neat, it's absolutely gonna be the best program using Liebestraum, out of all fields, even above Kulik's mesmerizing version.
    I really hope to see the clean program in no long time

does asada compete at 4CC? I've read the criteria for japanese skaters to compete at the worlds and wondered, 'is there a criteria for 4CC, too?'
    Last edited by l'etoile; 12-13-2010 at 10:12 AM.

vCash
    I just went to the official site and clicked on the tickets... apparently it's not on sale yet? Or are they giving it away for free because you can select a total of two per event per person...

Wouldn't be surprised if it's free, because figure skating is not mainstream at all and maybe the local federation wants to use this to promote the sport.

vCash
    So far as I know ,they will send skaters there, and because it will take a very long time to get the visa to Taipei,so they have began to apply for the visa already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I've read the criteria for japanese skaters to compete at the worlds and wondered, 'is there a criteria for 4CC, too?
    Yes -- link (in Japanese) is:
    http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_...0procedure.pdf

I've heard that the US 4CC skaters/alternates won't have to be determined before the start of Nationals like last year, thankfully!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I just went to the official site and clicked on the tickets... apparently it's not on sale yet? Or are they giving it away for free because you can select a total of two per event per person...

Wouldn't be surprised if it's free, because figure skating is not mainstream at all and maybe the local federation wants to use this to promote the sport.
    Not a bad idea... who's competing this year for Chinese Taipei? The Yangs still competing? Stephen Kuo?

vCash
    As for Japan, Asada and Murakami will be there. In an article after TEB, Asada was reported to be "planning" to compete at 4CC regardless of Nationals results. We can easily understand she needs to compensate for the sponsors and the federation acknowledges that. In a more recent article, the JSF president specially mentioned giving supports to Murakami to enhance competitive experiences, including Asian Winter Games and 4CC. It's quite obvious Murakami will be selected for the world team barring meltdowns.

On the men's side, it's basically up in the air except Kozuka who has the same coach with Asada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

I don't live in Taiwan,but I love to attend 4CC, I already register for ticket on the website like you did.

Anyone know if I can be sure that the seat is booked by that registeration process because it is quite costly to me to fly to Taipei (and I also have to apply for visa) and I don't want to fly there to stay out of the arena.

I would be thankful for any infomation about this competition. Thank you so much
    Last edited by justAfsfan; 12-15-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast