Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Does the ISU or any other governing body for a particular sport make any profit from the Olympics?
    just not direct profit

Banned Member
    vCash
    His new interview has been published. They are going to start the required paperwork but he is not planning to skate in RN, in Euro and Worlds this season. He wants to rest. He is going to get his eligibility back by the next season and he is planning to skate in Sochi. He has been operated in Germany and now he is going to make new programs. As a non-member of the Russian national team, he will have to pay for everything by himself (skating rinks, etc.). He also explained what happened with his loss of eligibility: the skater with his status is supposed to go to the worlds to win. At that moment due to his health issues he couldn't jump quads, so he decided not to go. At the commercial shows he didn't have to jump quads, the physical requirements were much lowerer. Moreover, the tickets for the shows had been sold out months in advance. He had certain obligations to skate. Once he already had a similar situation when they forbade him to skate in two shows in Prague with 14,000 audience. Many people, after finding out that Plushenko would not skate, returned their tickets. He is still in lawsuits with the Czech and Swiss producers of those shows. He said he was the first skater who lost eligibility not for doping but for breaking some rules. Usually skaters got a warning for similar violations. He sees the direct connection with his comeback to OG and in big sport, the thing that wasn't welcomed by his competitiors. (from fsnews.ru)

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    His new interview has been published. ...excuse after excuse snipped
    I hope Eddie Marton was playing his in the background during that sob story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    The ISU and Cinquanta obviously forgot to aks DL and other Plush haters. That mob knows better than ISU.
    You assume that Piseev and Company want him back. Considering that he supported Anton S. in the recent elections, and the RFSU withdrew it's sanction for Plushenko's shows in the first place, what makes you think Piseev will OK an application for reinstatement?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    This is figure skating. No one is trying to be creative. Everyone is trying to please the stuffy old judges. Everyone skates the same program, and have done so since forever.

A few extra arm flails and pained facial expressions don't change the fact that virtually all programs from skater to skater, year to year, and even gender to gender, are virtually one and the same.
    It is simply great that you have summed up the true features of the figure skating sport!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    I hope Eddie Marton was playing his in the background during that sob story.
    He was, and I heard the tune he was playing was this;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g094B...eature=related
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    LOL!!!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    You assume that Piseev and Company want him back. Considering that he supported Anton S. in the recent elections, and the RFSU withdrew it's sanction for Plushenko's shows in the first place, what makes you think Piseev will OK an application for reinstatement?
    Putin is more powerful than even Piseev, and if Putin wants a three-time, never-lower-than-silver Olympic medalist headliner for Sochi... (Has any other post-War skater achieved that?)
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Putin is more powerful than even Piseev, and if Putin wants a three-time, never-lower-than-silver Olympic medalist headliner for Sochi... (Has any other post-War skater achieved that?)
    You underestimate Piseev.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    You underestimate Piseev. He's been around a lot longer that Putin and he's survived being fired.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    You underestimate Piseev. He's been around a lot longer that Putin and he's survived being fired.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Does the ISU or any other governing body for a particular sport make any profit from the Olympics?
    The ISU stands to profit from anything that gives skating a higher visibility and more attention overall, because that eventually translates into better TV contracts. I think the individual sport governing bodies like the ISU may not get any revenue from the Olympic Games themselves, but they do stand to profit directly from the ISU events Plushy would enter between his reinstatement and Sochi, like Europeans & Worlds 2013 (or even earlier).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    He was, and I heard the tune he was playing was this;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g094B...eature=related
    Ozzisk8r, why didn't you tell us that you appeared in Marton's videos?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    ah well, it was about time
    V
    V
    V
    And you're rolling your eyes at me because??? And what does a column of "V"s signify?

I really believe it is all about how much money the ISU can bring in and has been pointed out, "many will come to see/watch Plushenko". If it's not about how much $$$ will be generated if the hometown hero skates, then why would such a comment be made. Should Plushy skate, I'm sure many will pay to see such and many will watch it on TV and increase ratings. So where does all this $$ go? I'm betting the ISU will get their cut and it will be a bigger one if Plushy skates than if he doesn't.

I get that you are a big Plushenko fan; I never was a big one but I did enjoy and appreciate him early on but not any longer.

Somehow I knew that some would zero in on just the part where I talked about the money and totally skip over the part where I wish he would choose another path in life - like getting his body completely healthy and enjoying his family.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Ozzisk8r, why didn't you tell us that you appeared in Marton's videos?
    and I wore all that makeup to make me look younger and prettier.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    This is figure skating. No one is trying to be creative. Everyone is trying to please the stuffy old judges. Everyone skates the same program, and have done so since forever.

A few extra arm flails and pained facial expressions don't change the fact that virtually all programs from skater to skater, year to year, and even gender to gender, are virtually one and the same.
    Good heavens, I wonder why you bother to watch at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    and I wore all that makeup to make me look younger and prettier.
    LOL!!! And what song do you think Marton will play for Plushy in Sochi (if they reinstate them)????????

vCash
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Somehow I knew that some would zero in on just the part where I talked about the money and totally skip over the part where I wish he would choose another path in life - like getting his body completely healthy and enjoying his family.
    Don't worry, I'm sure many took note about your good wishes for Plushy (I did), but, you know, it's saucier to talk about the ol' dirty money

Once again, nice are your wishes regarding Plush, but, you know?, there are people who actually need something else to feel their lifes fullfilled, they need the thrill, the adrenaline, the competition to feel really alive. I think Plushenko is one of those. He had overcome many difficulties in his life to reach the place where he is, he had been fighting with poor health conditions since his chidlhood, but he also has a will of steel.

He had just recently declared in an interview that somehow he feels good about the Vancouver 'lose' because there's still a dream for him to pursue.

I think it's a bit unfair for Figure Skaters in general that their competitive life is so short, basically they are past their prime at 25!, while other sportsmen and sportswomen can reach forties...... but that's life.

Now, I am a fan of Plush, and I also wish the best for him, health and happiness, but, what if he feels he still can do it?, as long as he is not wasting his body too much, I respect his decision and truly hope he can actually make it (can't say the same about haters however )

He has proven many times that he can overcome barriers, have anyone seen him here?:

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/o...hy45/Snap1.jpg

From past weekend show in China, he's Biellmanning (or half-Biellmanning) at almost 28!, please, some of you may not like him, but anyone should accept this is something noteworthy.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast