Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Frankly, some of us find ANYONE being compared to Jesus Christ to be highly offensive.
    They compare Evgeni with Jesus? From the link posted above I highly doubt it has anything to do with comparisson rather than a play with words. Same as Jeremmessiah for Abott (that was hilarious pic). Oh and I m Christian Orthodox.
    Anyway too much fuss.Each board has its rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I saw a drag queen with a beard once. She was called Shesus... there's my sense of humour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    In saying that though, I am genuinly interested to see his new programs after working with great choreographers. He used to be one of my favourites. If he can come back and perform the jumps like he has done in the past, with better spins (like he came back with after his break), and with better transitions he could easily medal.
    From the training snips I've seen, he's definitely going to have the jumps (and more), I've noticed better spins in his show programs (his sit is nice and low now) and well, I suppose he's going to surprise us with his transitions!

(Does anyone else want to see him do an Ina Bauer? Or is that just me?)

Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Frankly, some of us find ANYONE being compared to Jesus Christ to be highly offensive.
    Then you need to lighten the f*ck up. They're not COMPARING him to Jesus Christ. If you actually read any part of that community you'd know that it's not just him either. There's Brosus (Lysacek), Weirsus, Maosus, Jerremassiah, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    As far as I know they have a lot of deities there, I remember Maosus or Marygudin (if I´m not wrong) . They don´t want to offend anybody, they only have fun.
    Mary Magudin or Yagsus is Yagudin's usual one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Because he withdrew from worlds due to injury and then went on to the shows after worlds. ISu stated they need time to check his medical papers and in between told RF to take back his permission to do Kings on Ice otherwise there would be consequences in russian team. Rf did get his permission back but Plushenko went on skating anyway.
    Then there was a well publicized window of time in which Plushenko had plenty of opportunity to appeal, which he chose not to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Me too, I want Ina Bauer and spirals.

Then you need to lighten the f*ck up. They're not COMPARING him to Jesus Christ. If you actually read any part of that community you'd know that it's not just him either. There's Brosus (Lysacek), Weirsus, Maosus, Jerremassiah, etc.

Mary Magudin or Yagsus is Yagudin's usual one
    Oops, I apologize to Mary Magudin´s worshipers!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Then there was a well publicized window of time in which Plushenko had plenty of opportunity to appeal, which he chose not to do.

If you knew anything about anything, you would know appealing would have made his situation worse.

The avenue of appeal given to Plushenko was to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The CAS has authority over every court in the world. A decision made in the CAS is BINDING and FINAL. There is no appeal of a decision at the CAS. What they say goes.

Now, imagine that Plushenko had taken his case to the CAS and won. The CAS' decision would have forced the ISU to allow Plushenko to compete this season. It would have forced the RFSF to nominate Plushenko as eligible. The ISU couldn't ban him, sure. But they could sure make his life difficult in a lot of other ways (including his scores) and I have no doubt they would have done so.

Plushenko chose the smart option of copping it on the chin and not burning his bridges, instead of pissing off the people in charge. It was a smart decision and anyone who says otherwise needs to use their brain a bit more.

Me too, I want Ina Bauer and spirals.
    I'd like to see him bring back the Ina Bauer into 3A-3T that Ilia Kulik perfected. And I've always thought Plushy's arabesque spiral was beautiful and didn't get enough ice time!

Oops, I apologize to Mary Magudin´s worshipers!!!!

I am sure they will forgive you, now that you have seen the holy light of Yagsus!

vCash
    Yeap because ISu rules have a whole paragraph explaining and gives him the right not to appeal their first decision, but accept it and then say Sorry you were riight, now can i have my eligibility back if I apply to RF?
    So he chose and did the second option.
    If you have follow the whole soap opera last season it was well explained.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Yeap because ISu rules have a whole paragraph explaining and gives him the right not to appeal their first decision, but accept it and then say Sorry you were riight, now can i have my eligibility back if I apply to RF?
    So he chose and did the second option.
    If you have follow the whole soap opera last season it was well explained.
    I did follow it.

vCash

If you knew anything about anything, you would know appealing would have made his situation worse.

The avenue of appeal given to Plushenko was to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The CAS has authority over every court in the world. A decision made in the CAS is BINDING and FINAL. There is no appeal of a decision at the CAS. What they say goes.

Now, imagine that Plushenko had taken his case to the CAS and won. The CAS' decision would have forced the ISU to allow Plushenko to compete this season. It would have forced the RFSF to nominate Plushenko as eligible. The ISU couldn't ban him, sure. But they could sure make his life difficult in a lot of other ways (including his scores) and I have no doubt they would have done so.

Plushenko chose the smart option of copping it on the chin and not burning his bridges, instead of pissing off the people in charge. It was a smart decision and anyone who says otherwise needs to use their brain a bit more.

I'd like to see him bring back the Ina Bauer into 3A-3T that Ilia Kulik perfected. And I've always thought Plushy's arabesque spiral was beautiful and didn't get enough ice time!

I am sure they will forgive you, now that you have seen the holy light of Yagsus!
    It's really a shame you feel the need to be condescending to those who have been following FS for a very long time. You may have your fave and be an uber of a specific skater, that's cool.
    But that doesn't make you the NUMBER ONE authority on everything. Okay?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    It's really a shame you feel the need to be condescending to those who have been following FS for a very long time. You may have your fave and be an uber of a specific skater, that's cool.
    But that doesn't make you the NUMBER ONE authority on everything. Okay?
    Well funny, it's really a shame that people who have been following FS for a long time feel the need to be condescending to those who only picked it up at the Olympics.

You may hate my fave and not be an uber of my specific skater, that's cool.

But telling me off because I tried to make a point? Anyone with common sense should see why Plushenko didn't appeal. I've had a gutful of people bashing on him because he didn't appeal. Am I not allowed to lay out the reasons why?

The way I'm understanding it, apparently you're only allowed to be condescending if you've been following FS for years. I've done my homework. I do my homework. I know what I'm talking about. Okay?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    And you're very rude about it too.

vCash
    Let´s not argue!!! To me it´s clear why Plushenko didn´t appeal, maybe other people, like AJ Skatefan , think it would have been better to do it.

I understand why Misskarne is angry, because despite the looongggg discussion about Plushenko´s reinstatement, some people keep stating that Putin will pay for his reinstatement , that he didn´t appeal because he is arrogant, etc. I can´t count how many times Senorita posted the rules and explained how Plushenko will get reinstated.

vCash
    ^thats why lately I put the rules as a message in my answering machine > prepared for the day he will be reinstated (aka the day of the Second Coming).

vCash
    I've noticed better spins in his show programs (his sit is nice and low now) and well, I suppose he's going to surprise us with his transitions
    Is the back sit-spin more difficult to get same speed and low position, compared to forward sit-spin?

I thought men does spread-eagles (ie. Kulik/Goebel- spread-eagle into 3A)

and women does ina-Bauer? (eg. Shizuka Arakawa)

Which one is more difficult?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post

Yuzuru Hanyu also does Ina Bauer. Plushy also did spread-eagle into 3A. Nobody expects Plushy to do a Ina Bauer like Shizuka Arakawa but he could try. Probably he thinks that a Ina Bauer into 2A+3T is not manly enough!!!

vCash
    Misskarne,
    Your point might be better understood if you didn't insult people while trying to make it. You lose your credibility really fast that way.

vCash
    I know what I'm talking about. Okay?
    Sure you do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    And you're very rude about it too.
    Not as rude as those who immediately dismiss anything I have to say just because I'm a "new" figure skating fan.

Misskarne,
    Your point might be better understood if you didn't insult people while trying to make it. You lose your credibility really fast that way.
    So it's perfectly okay for "experienced" fans to insult the intelligence of "newer" fans but not the other way around? Because that's sure what it's looking like from here.

Is the back sit-spin more difficult to get same speed and low position, compared to forward sit-spin?
    I believe so. It could be something to do with the favoured (stronger) leg. Of course, if you spread the training time across both legs, I suppose you could get both spins equal. My point there was that Plushenko's forward sit and back sit are both lower than they were last year, although his back sit is still a little higher than his forward sit.

Well, I just started Ina Bauers, and let me tell you, they're BOTH extremely difficult! Men can do Ina Bauers just like women can do spreadeagles.

I think sometimes a lot of people lose sight of what the Ina Bauer actually is when they see the dramatic laid-back position of Arakawa and co. The Ina Bauer is all about the edges and the feet, not about how far back you can bend Kulik and Abt both had very nice IBs (Kulik often did his into 3A or 3Lz) and they didn't bend over backwards at all. It still looked very elegant. I've never seen Plushenko do an IB (or Yagudin, for that matter) but I think, with the bend he still has in his back, he could do a slight laid-back position on an IB and it would look wonderful. Or he doesn't have to lay back at all, and it would still be great!

TBH I'd like to see more spirals in men's FS as well. One mistake I always thought Plushenko made when he was younger was that he always did the Biellmann spiral, but hardly ever did his arabesque, and his arabesque was absolutely gorgeous, all crisp extended lines and a lovely arch through his back. I don't know if he could still do it, I should imagine he could. (My favourite version of his arabesque is from his Artur Dimitriev debut of "Tribute to Nijinsky").

vCash
    ^ Now i feel old! Will youtube to check Dimitriev show which i ve seen 100 times! i dont remember Plu at all doin arabesque spiral (i remember Stephan!), in competitions???
    and remember hardly the bielman spiral in competition, I remember the bielman spin only.

vCash
    Not as rude as those who immediately dismiss anything I have to say just because I'm a "new" figure skating fan.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan
    Misskarne,

So it's perfectly okay for "experienced" fans to insult the intelligence of "newer" fans but not the other way around? Because that's sure what it's looking like from here.[/QUOTE]
    You may hate my fave and not be an uber of my specific skater, that's cool.
    I'm sorry, I truely did not see anyone personally insult you because you are a new fan of FS.
    My problem is that you often confuse opinion with fact and get a little over emotional.
    BTW, Where did you see me post that I hate Plushenko?
    Calm down. Plushy was re-instated and its all good.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast