Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

vCash
    The Executive Committee considered the appeal of Evgeni Plushenko regarding the lifting of sanctions from his participation in the competitions of the International Skating Union (ISU). Taking into account his commitment to continue clearly follow the rules of the ISU and the Russian figure skating federation, as well and his aspiration to achieve the main goal of his sporting life - successfully perform at the 2014 Olympics, Executive Committee of the Federation decided to apply the International Skating Union (ISU) to lift these sanctions.

the clearly follow the rules part and how Sochi is now the main goal of his career are the highlights. So his whole career has been leading to Sochi!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Hopefully this whole farce will be over soon.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Never a farce! It's all just part of the great circle of life...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    lol how Sochi is his main goal in life. I am sure he would have said 2014 was his main goal back in January of 2002 or 2006 or 2010....
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Dah, I think it is clear they mean his main goal in his current sporting life, dont you change goals as time goes by, SLC is ten years ago maybe? Plus this is a message of RF web site not PLushenko´s annoouncement..

vCash
    Some of you are making yourselves look ridiculous here.

Of course Sochi is the main goal of his life - he's not about to say NOW that Vancouver is the main goal of his life, or Turin was, or Salt Lake City was.

In his life how it is right now, Sochi is the main goal of his life. There is nothing wrong with that. I think some of you are just looking for any excuse to pick on him.

I think the "following the rules" thing is a bit rich considering it was the actions of the RFSF that landed Plushenko in hot water anyway.

EDIT: Whoops, snap Senorita!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Stocking up on my antiemetics right now!

vCash
    http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1117477.html

Also, IMO, I find him being dubbed Plushenchrist really offensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post

That´s hilarious!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    That´s hilarious!!!!!
    And, I'm not even Christian! All of this genuflecting is IMO, obnoxious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Some of you are making yourselves look ridiculous here.

Of course Sochi is the main goal of his life - he's not about to say NOW that Vancouver is the main goal of his life, or Turin was, or Salt Lake City was.

In his life how it is right now, Sochi is the main goal of his life. There is nothing wrong with that. I think some of you are just looking for any excuse to pick on him.

I think the "following the rules" thing is a bit rich considering it was the actions of the RFSF that landed Plushenko in hot water anyway.

EDIT: Whoops, snap Senorita!
    Um, it was actually Plushenko's blatant disregard for the rules that he knew about beforehand that landed him in hot water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post

Really? That's all you've got to complain about? Find your sense of humour. That is, IF you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Um, it was actually Plushenko's blatant disregard for the rules that he knew about beforehand that landed him in hot water.
    Um, it was actually that the RFSF told him that they would approve the shows, so he went ahead and arranged everything, and then at the last minute they said they wouldn't. Naturally, Plushenko chose to honour the commitment he'd made to the thousands of fans who'd already bought tickets. The ISU and RFSF basically set him up to fail. They only told him "no" three days before the first show.

vCash
    Um, it was actually that the RFSF told him that they would approve the shows, so he went ahead and arranged everything, and then at the last minute they said they wouldn't. Naturally, Plushenko chose to honour the commitment he'd made to the thousands of fans who'd already bought tickets. The ISU and RFSF basically set him up to fail. They only told him "no" three days before the first show.
    Seriously? Wow, I hadn't heard that. Quite the dick move from the RFSF and/or the ISU. Do you know why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Seriously? Wow, I hadn't heard that. Quite the dick move from the RFSF and/or the ISU. Do you know why?
    My best guess would be that the RFSF were unhappy with the fact that Plushenko had quite publically spoken about the corruption within the ranks of the RFSF, especially Piseev and co. Plushenko also publically backed Anton Shik...Shk..(you know, the guy in B/S, I can never spell his last name ) for the RFSF presidency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Because he withdrew from worlds due to injury and then went on to the shows after worlds. ISu stated they need time to check his medical papers and in between told RF to take back his permission to do Kings on Ice otherwise there would be consequences in russian team. Rf did get his permission back but Plushenko went on skating anyway.

vCash
    What's the bet however that if Plush comes back, skates clean and still ends up 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th etc that he will not continue to Sochi. Like people used to say about Chan I wish he would close his mouth and just skate. Without the cheesy lackluster hip thrust choreography however. In saying that though, I am genuinly interested to see his new programs after working with great choreographers. He used to be one of my favourites. If he can come back and perform the jumps like he has done in the past, with better spins (like he came back with after his break), and with better transitions he could easily medal.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    What's the bet however that if Plush comes back, skates clean and still ends up 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th etc that he will not continue to Sochi. Like people used to say about Chan I wish he would close his mouth and just skate. Without the cheesy lackluster hip thrust choreography however. In saying that though, I am genuinly interested to see his new programs after working with great choreographers. He used to be one of my favourites. If he can come back and perform the jumps like he has done in the past, with better spins (like he came back with after his break), and with better transitions he could easily medal.
    Actually that´s what I want to see too. I don´t care very much if he medals or not, I prefer to see nice programs with no-hip thrust- choreography. He did everything, Sex Bomb, hip thrust, programs, everything he wanted, now it´s time to get back to serious stuff.

vCash
    Really? That's all you've got to complain about? Find your sense of humour. That is, IF you have one.

Frankly, some of us find ANYONE being compared to Jesus Christ to be highly offensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Frankly, some of us find ANYONE being compared to Jesus Christ to be highly offensive.
    I saw a drag queen with a beard once. She was called Shesus... there's my sense of humour.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    As far as I know they have a lot of deities there, I remember Maosus or Marygudin (if I´m not wrong) . They don´t want to offend anybody, they only have fun.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast