Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    ^ Now i feel old! Will youtube to check Dimitriev show which i ve seen 100 times! i dont remember Plu at all doin arabesque spiral (i remember Stephan!), in competitions???
    and remember hardly the bielman spiral in competition, I remember the bielman spin only.
    Plush didn´t do arabesque spirals in competition, that´s why misskarne is disappointed, but he use to have Bielmann spirals in almost every program. Check Dimitriev´s show, he has a gorgeous arabesque there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    but he use to have Bielmann spirals in almost every program.
    huh?he used to do bielman spin in every sp/lp, how was he doin spiral so frequently and I dont remember it, what kind of uber Am I?
    (ok i just remembered Once upon a time in america and nijisky)

I ll check my dimitriev show vids for the 101th time.

vCash
    2001 Worlds freeskate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywkMD...eature=related

Bielmann spiral toward the end of the program. I was lucky enough to see this live. Amazing performance, a technical masterpiece. Brought down the house.

vCash
    Senorita, check 2003 LP, St Petersburg 300 too, I'm sure he has Bielmann spirals .

vCash
    He did bielmann spiral until 04/05 season. i think the last program with this spirals is Moonlight Sonata (but not in Godfather).

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Then there was a well publicized window of time in which Plushenko had plenty of opportunity to appeal, which he chose not to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    I did follow it.
    Then why do you think he should have appealed instead of following the route he's taking?
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I disliked him back in the day, but I so hope he works things out to compete and gets a 2nd gold in Sochi. Just because. I just rewatched that 2001 LP and LOL when Peter described his *avant garde* footwork. Then it was avant garde and now it's well, many adjectives have been used and none particularly good. It really made me think about how confusing it must be for him to have been praised and rewarded for what now he's chastized when he's doing the same thing. I do think he and Mishin paid very close attention to what happend at Worlds in Moscow and will do whatever is needed for him to score well. Plushy II may have won bronze and has 3 seasons to better his results, but Russia doesn't want only one potential medal winner at Sochi.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    ^^Because going with ISU to Court would cause more Oh-Drama ?
    Actually the only time I have followed a case of an athlete appealing to CAS was Raducan´s and it was MUCH more serious than Plush´s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Then why do you think he should have appealed instead of following the route he's taking?
    I never said he should have appealed. I really have no opinion either way. Just stating what happened. He chose not to appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    ^ Now i feel old! Will youtube to check Dimitriev show which i ve seen 100 times! i dont remember Plu at all doin arabesque spiral (i remember Stephan!), in competitions???
    and remember hardly the bielman spiral in competition, I remember the bielman spin only.
    Plushenko did an arabesque in St Petersburg 300, but I don't think he had enough speed before he did it. He also did a tiny one in his DQ at Junior Worlds the year he won.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I disliked him back in the day, but I so hope he works things out to compete and gets a 2nd gold in Sochi. Just because. I just rewatched that 2001 LP and LOL when Peter described his *avant garde* footwork. Then it was avant garde and now it's well, many adjectives have been used and none particularly good. It really made me think about how confusing it must be for him to have been praised and rewarded for what now he's chastized when he's doing the same thing. I do think he and Mishin paid very close attention to what happend at Worlds in Moscow and will do whatever is needed for him to score well. Plushy II may have won bronze and has 3 seasons to better his results, but Russia doesn't want only one potential medal winner at Sochi.

I had the same feeling when I was re-watching his GPF performance of StP300. The commentators were lavishing on the praise and he wound up with six 6.0s for that program. And yet now, he's Commentator Enemy No. 1 and people seem to think he doesn't still have it? I'm so confused about how this changed.

I think something a lot of people forgot was that his final outing under IJS, pre-comeback, was his Olympic LP and that was laid out very similarly to his 2010 Olympic LP. I don't blame him for being confused as to why the former won a gold medal (against a much stronger field!) and the latter wasn't good enough.

Plushenko has said himself that he might be borrowing a few ideas from what he saw at Worlds, not that I blame him because everyone else has been borrowing his ideas for the last decade! But I don't think Plushenko will be the only one at Sochi, thankfully. I was really impressed with Gachinsky's skate at Worlds too. He's matured a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by reflect View Post
    He did bielmann spiral until 04/05 season. i think the last program with this spirals is Moonlight Sonata (but not in Godfather).
    Yep, after the 04/05 season he stopped doing the spiral and spin altogether because of his back Now, however, he's started doing a half-Bielmann spiral in shows! and the spin on one occasion. I think he's planning on bringing it back! The boy is mad!

vCash
    Japan Open 2010

2:20 spiral
    5:00 1/2 spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEBvaVb6W-Q

vCash
    ^ he stopped bielman because of groin injury and surgery, not his back. I was never thrilled for Bielman anyway but i adored the donut spin, unlike most ladies he didnt drop the leg to catch it and he could accelarate it, but after 2005 his donut was not a donut anymore, it became a polygon and slower.

I disagree that the field was stronger in 2006, all Plu had to do then is was not fall ten times which he did, I think the men field in Vancouver was much deeper and if they had skated to their best it would have been a massacre for the medals.

vCash
    I think one of the differences is the emphasis on in between the elements. People like Chan and Dai are so very fluid and deliver such complete performances (Chan especially this year after including the quad, with his gorgeous relaxed style) that Plush looks like "the old style". Plush still to this day is one of the best jumpers around, and I would love to see him with the relaxed fluidity of some of the newer competitors (Javier, Amodio, Jason Brown) but I fear age is against him. Never the less, he will always be a legend in the sport, much more than Kulik and Yagudin (not dissing them at all, loved them both) IMHO. I would stand up and cheer if Plush came back with amazing programs and in betweens. I would love him to medal again, but only if he seriously deserved them.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I think one of the differences is the emphasis on in between the elements. People like Chan and Dai are so very fluid and deliver such complete performances (Chan especially this year after including the quad, with his gorgeous relaxed style) that Plush looks like "the old style". Plush still to this day is one of the best jumpers around, and I would love to see him with the relaxed fluidity of some of the newer competitors (Javier, Amodio, Jason Brown) but I fear age is against him. Never the less, he will always be a legend in the sport, much more than Kulik and Yagudin (not dissing them at all, loved them both) IMHO. I would stand up and cheer if Plush came back with amazing programs and in betweens. I would love him to medal again, but only if he seriously deserved them.
    Unfortunately Plush didn´t have enough time to adapt completely his programs to COP. If he had competed between 2006 and 2010 probably he would have been forced to do it and it would have been easier than now. The long break damaged a lot his skating.
    I´ve watched some videos from 2008-2009 and it´s a huge difference between his skating back then and how he´s skating now in shows, so it´s clear that he´s improving. Probably next season we will see if his age allows him to make the next step to more fluid programs.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Never the less, he will always be a legend in the sport, much more than Kulik and Yagudin
    In your humble opinion, of course.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    As I said straight after what you posted... your choice not to include that bit.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Ozzisk8ter DID say "in my humble opinion" (or do you not know what IMHO means?).

And I agree. As much as I love both Kulik and Yagudin to bits, Plushenko will probably be the one regarded as an all-time great. And he deserves such an epithet for mine.

That doesn't mean we don't regard Kulik and Yagudin as great skaters, because of course they are. I have still not seen a man today with a better jump technique than what Kulik has, and of course Yagudin and Plushenko are very much a part of each other's legacy to the sport, whether they like it or not.

vCash
    Personally I think Plushy is quite capable of medalling in Sochi., He’s proved that he’s capable of immense sacrifice to reach his goals. He’s determined to become a “legend” of figure skating, he won’t make the same mistakes he made in Vancouver, mark my words. He’s too determined and the guy’s not stupid. He’s a joy to watch. I hope he beats the pants off Chan.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324