Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    i know that orser does at least 1 group class with adult skaters each week.
    He taught at Lake Placid's (NY) Adult Week a few years ago. A skater in my area took a lesson from him.

vCash
    Under Rule 102, the ISU allows a skater's federation to keep no more than 10% of earnings from the non-ISU sanctioned activities that require federation approval. They specifically list "appearances, endorsements and exhibition performances" but I assume this is meant to include shows and tours. I wonder if all federations pretty much take the max 10%.

As for prize money from ISU-sanctioned events, the regulation does not say anything about the skater's federation taking a percentage, so it is neither permitted nor prohibited, nor is there an ISU limit on what share a federation can keep.

Rule 136 requires the host federation to pay out all of the prize money for a particular event in the amounts specified in the annual Communication from the Council. It doesn't say if they pay it to the skater or the federation or, if the latter, whether the federation can keep any.

I recall Ilia Kulik avoided nonsanctioned event for a year or more after Nagano, but finally decided to give up his eligibility in part because, as an eligible skater, he was keeping only about 30% of what he earned. The Russian government kept 30% (income taxes?). Another 30% and 10% went to the coach and the federation, but I forget which got which share. By going pro and going coachless, he more than doubled the portion of his income he was retaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Carolina Costner had said that Nichol takes 10.000$ for each visit in Italy to make her program.
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    I don't think that's an accurate statement. Have no idea of Nichol's billing but assuming the $10.000 is correct I think that obviously includes flights to Italy, lodging and perhaps a daily expense account for meals.
    Uhm. I vaguely remember some discussion about LN and 10,000 $. But I can't say what Kostner precisely stated, because I didn't pay attention.

But I highly doubt LN has ever been coming to Italy. I never heard of such thing as LN being in Italy to coreograph Kostner (I've heard though about Kostner flying to her).
    And when did Kostner ever trained in Italy? Right before worlds last season, when she ended up splitting with Carroll. A few brief occasions during summers (not every summer). And?
    I think that when Kostner was based in Germany, she hardly ever visited Italy for skating.

vCash
    but say they have 7 skater and work with them three hours a week..

that 110 x 3 x 7 = 2310 / 2 for taxes that's still 1155 and a month it's

$4620..

vCash
    does anyone know choreographer fees ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allyx82 View Post
    I've never worked with one but I'm guessing they would be similar to coaches fees. They are some coaches at my rink that just do choreography and they are paid just like a normal coach and my rink isn't a big training center either I think its a fabulous place but its just a normal rink in Small Town, USA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allyx82 View Post
    Roughly ten years ago I read somewhere a range of $6,000 to $15,000 for choreography by a prominent choreographer. I don't remember where I saw the information, but at the time I considered it reliable. I recall thinking that it was a wide range, so probably $6,000 was for a (senior) singles short program and $15,000 was for a pairs free skate. But that was just my speculation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123