Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    When the rumor about Orser rose up, her agent and she immediately clearly deniad it. Mao's words have been totally simple, but quite consistent from the beginning to the end...
    ...I know some people won't still give up on dragging her into Yuna-Orser spilt and trying to make her look guilty and putting blame on her. They are enormously unbelievably persistent.
    I know, Mao and her federation have been consistent in denying the contacts made with Orser. But true or not, what else would they have done? What else would you have done?

It’s been Orser who has been bringing up Mao’s name and her initial interest in him and the team, time after time as a factor in the split with Yu-Na, so take it to him if you want. It (his accounts on Mao’s interest) is noteworthy since it clearly played a part in the split, as also implied by Yu-Na’s response later on. It also can present some clue on what might develop, or not develop, in his collaboration with the Japanese federation from now on.

It’s interesting that Orser had been consistently (since early May until recently) mentioning the approach made by Mao’s side, while Yu-Na had been silent on this matter. And amidst the split, Orser surprisingly went so far as disclosing the email to the media, as if he wanted to say that he wasn’t making things up. Maybe he hated to be viewed as being untruthful, as Mao’s side, IMG (Mao’s and Orser’s agent), and the Japanese federation were denying such contact was made with Orser. It was only at his last interview with a Canadian media that he denied the existence of such contact from Mao’s side, and he finally stopped talking and let his attorney handle the calls from the media.

It’s conceivable Orser sooner or later will be working closely with the Japanese federation, or IMG Japan, or Mao, or any combination thereof. And I believe he has, or he thought he had, a substantial deal with them.

If it weren’t the case, it would have made much more sense if he had found a way to retain Yu-Na (or at least keep the bridge intact for future possibilities) at the same time working with the Japanese clients by balancing the needs and managing the sort of a Chinese wall between the sides.

But he chose to cut his and his team’s ties with Yu-Na completely, which indicates he has the deal in front of him and made a firm business decision on it. Again, I don’t blame him on making such decision as it’s his business, but the way he handled the split was far from being classy, to the point of being malicious. He practically defamed Yu-Na and her mom, who came to him with a phenomenal talent and put him in the mainstream spotlight for the first time in more than a decade. I am glad Yu-Na has chosen to remain silent as to the details of the split so far, and not made the things worse.

It interests me what would happen as to his priorities if he get to work with a top Japanese skater, while working with Rippon and Gao, both being the top prospects. And what if he pick up a Canadian contender along the way? It might not bring on such delicate situation as Yu-Na/Japan combination would make, but still there will be some fine balancing acts needed to be done to keep such partnerships working.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 09-04-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    lowtherlore, all I can say is that your elaborate conspiracy theories and assumptions sound very far-fetched to me.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    lowtherlore, all I can say is that your elaborate conspiracy theories and assumptions sound very far-fetched to me.
    That's putting it mildly. My reaction was "what kind of crack is this person smoking?"
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    What is it exactly that annoys you. Donít be too serious, and join in building a perspective on what has transpired. Information is always good, and enjoy a little intellectual exercise.
    It annoys me that in an overheated scandal certain side wants to pull in another part to the story that has nothing to do with the ridiculous situation.

And it goes over and over - again and again.

As much as Kim and Asada are rivals on ice, on competitions and rankings - one does not change her costume if the other has a similar designer and the fact that one is between coaches does not mean she wants to share on ice training time with the main competition.

This was a problem between Brian and Yu Na (and people who look after her, like her mom, agency etc). Asada chasing Orser to coach her while Yu Na is his client and is eligible is silly at its best. even more so when it was marked as rumors from Orser and her representatives months ago.

Constantly dragging Mao in this scandal as if she wanted to destroy the dream team Orser-Kim and overpover Korea (this was said on other boards - not here i think) is just... pathetic.

Almost as insane as that Orser needs to apologize to people of South Korea for reveling the music since he deprived them the joy of this gift of Yu Na.

What he did is not a big deal in general, but it is in my opinion very hurtful to Yu Na and people working for her.

The article sounded to me like a nice gesture, but it does not change that he is an a**hole and a prick for doing it even if in his mind it was all in good spirit.

vCash
    I wonder how much time was spent developing that theory.

I have read more far-fetched theories out there though. Those Yuna fans need to get together and write a drama script.

vCash
    A lot of the theories I've read here a bunch of drivel. I'm not particularly a Mao fan but I am a YuNa fan, but not for one moment do I buy into the paranoid rantings I've read here about Brian Orser and it's my bet that most outside of Korea or Japan would agree with me. What is needed here is a reality orientation and I have yet to see it.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    That's putting it mildly. My reaction was "what kind of crack is this person smoking?"
    Mine too.

vCash
    I know, Mao and her federation have been consistent in denying the contacts made with Orser. But true or not, what else would they have done? What else would you have done?

Itís been Orser who has been bringing up Maoís name and her initial interest in him and the team, time after time as a factor in the split with Yu-Na, so take it to him if you want. It (his accounts on Maoís interest) is noteworthy since it clearly played a part in the split, as also implied by Yu-Naís response later on. It also can present some clue on what might develop, or not develop, in his collaboration with the Japanese federation from now on.

Itís interesting that Orser had been consistently (since early May until recently) mentioning the approach made by Maoís side, while Yu-Na had been silent on this matter. And amidst the split, Orser surprisingly went so far as disclosing the email to the media, as if he wanted to say that he wasnít making things up. Maybe he hated to be viewed as being untruthful, as Maoís side, IMG (Maoís and Orserís agent), and the Japanese federation were denying such contact was made with Orser. It was only at his last interview with a Canadian media that he denied the existence of such contact from Maoís side, and he finally stopped talking and let his attorney handle the calls from the media.

Itís conceivable Orser sooner or later will be working closely with the Japanese federation, or IMG Japan, or Mao, or any combination thereof. And I believe he has, or he thought he had, a substantial deal with them.

If it werenít the case, it would have made much more sense if he had found a way to retain Yu-Na (or at least keep the bridge intact for future possibilities) at the same time working with the Japanese clients by balancing the needs and managing the sort of a Chinese wall between the sides.

But he chose to cut his and his teamís ties with Yu-Na completely, which indicates he has the deal in front of him and made a firm business decision on it. Again, I donít blame him on making such decision as itís his business, but the way he handled the split was far from being classy, to the point of being malicious. He practically defamed Yu-Na and her mom, who came to him with a phenomenal talent and put him in the mainstream spotlight for the first time in more than a decade. I am glad Yu-Na has chosen to remain silent as to the details of the split so far, and not made the things worse.

It interests me what would happen as to his priorities if he get to work with a top Japanese skater, while working with Rippon and Gao, both being the top prospects. And what if he pick up a Canadian contender along the way? It might not bring on such delicate situation as Yu-Na/Japan combination would make, but still there will be some fine balancing acts needed to be done to keep such partnerships working.
    Look, I like Yu-Na's skating and all, but I'm getting more and more reluctant to call myself a Yu-Na fan when wacko paranoid posts like these pop up. Yu-Na herself seems to have moved on, maybe we as fans should follow her cue.

Besides, not everything that goes wrong in Yu-Na's life has to do with Mao or Japan.

vCash

Itís been Orser who has been bringing up Maoís name and her initial interest in him and the team, time after time as a factor in the split with Yu-Na, so take it to him if you want. It (his accounts on Maoís interest) is noteworthy since it clearly played a part in the split, as also implied by Yu-Naís response later on. It also can present some clue on what might develop, or not develop, in his collaboration with the Japanese federation from now on.

Itís interesting that Orser had been consistently (since early May until recently) mentioning the approach made by Maoís side, while Yu-Na had been silent on this matter. And amidst the split, Orser surprisingly went so far as disclosing the email to the media, as if he wanted to say that he wasnít making things up. Maybe he hated to be viewed as being untruthful, as Maoís side, IMG (Maoís and Orserís agent), and the Japanese federation were denying such contact was made with Orser. It was only at his last interview with a Canadian media that he denied the existence of such contact from Maoís side, and he finally stopped talking and let his attorney handle the calls from the media.

Itís conceivable Orser sooner or later will be working closely with the Japanese federation, or IMG Japan, or Mao, or any combination thereof. And I believe he has, or he thought he had, a substantial deal with them.

If it werenít the case, it would have made much more sense if he had found a way to retain Yu-Na (or at least keep the bridge intact for future possibilities) at the same time working with the Japanese clients by balancing the needs and managing the sort of a Chinese wall between the sides.

But he chose to cut his and his teamís ties with Yu-Na completely, which indicates he has the deal in front of him and made a firm business decision on it. Again, I donít blame him on making such decision as itís his business, but the way he handled the split was far from being classy, to the point of being malicious. He practically defamed Yu-Na and her mom, who came to him with a phenomenal talent and put him in the mainstream spotlight for the first time in more than a decade. I am glad Yu-Na has chosen to remain silent as to the details of the split so far, and not made the things worse.

Don't also drag JSF into this Yuna-Orser split. What are your proof and evidence, may I ask? They've got nothing to do with Mr.Orser and Ms.Kim. It was not JSF who denied the rumor, but it was first Mao's agent, then Mao herself and in this August first Mr. Orser and later IMG head office. (But I know even if 100 people denied the rumor, some Yuna fans wouldn't give up on dragging Mao, Japan, IMG and JSF into the Yuna split.) This spring JSF got surprised to hear the rumor that was surficing in Korea, and made an inquiry to Mao's agent about whether the rumor was true or not. It was Mao's agent that denied the rumor clearly to JSF and made the official annoucement to the public that they had never approached Mr. Orser, nor made an offer to him. JSF now (not old JSF) is usually sort of out of the loop of their skaters' coaching matters, such as coaching change. They even didn't know that Morozov had taken up Oda and that had made Takahashi leave Morozov until the breakup was reported by the media.
    Last edited by galaxy; 09-05-2010 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    Oooops! Maybe I shouldn't have taken lowtherlore's post seriously .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    ...not everything that goes wrong in Yu-Na's life has to do with Mao or Japan.
    Youíre right. Did you see anyone here saying otherwise?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    It annoys me that in an overheated scandal certain side wants to pull in another part to the story that has nothing to do with the ridiculous situation.

And it goes over and over - again and again.

As much as Kim and Asada are rivals on ice, on competitions and rankings - one does not change her costume if the other has a similar designer and the fact that one is between coaches does not mean she wants to share on ice training time with the main competition.

This was a problem between Brian and Yu Na (and people who look after her, like her mom, agency etc). Asada chasing Orser to coach her while Yu Na is his client and is eligible is silly at its best. even more so when it was marked as rumors from Orser and her representatives months ago.

Constantly dragging Mao in this scandal as if she wanted to destroy the dream team Orser-Kim and overpover Korea (this was said on other boards - not here i think) is just... pathetic.

Almost as insane as that Orser needs to apologize to people of South Korea for reveling the music since he deprived them the joy of this gift of Yu Na.

What he did is not a big deal in general, but it is in my opinion very hurtful to Yu Na and people working for her.

The article sounded to me like a nice gesture, but it does not change that he is an a**hole and a prick for doing it even if in his mind it was all in good spirit.

Consider these:
    Orser was consistent in that he had been approached by Mao’s side.
    Mao and the Japanese federation were consistent in denying such contact made with Orser.

Clearly one side is lying, isn’t it.

Now consider these:
    Mao and her federation had every reason for denying such approach made to Orser.
    If such contact from Mao’s side hadn’t been there, Orser wouldn’t have had any reason for insisting for several months on many occasions that he had been indeed approached by Mao’s side.

What’s your take on this. Who’s being untruthful here? Please, I don’t necessarily take either of them accountable for the latest athlete-coach split.

As for Orser’s disclosing Yu-Na’s programme prematurely without discussion or consent, it’s laughable to think that he might have done it in goodwill. He’s not an amateur in dealing with figure skating athletes and their trades. Every clue says he did it with malicious intent and in a pre-contemplated manner.

http://www.universalsports.com/blogs...id=490379.html
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 09-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.

vCash
    As for Orser’s disclosing Yu-Na’s programme prematurely without discussion or consent, it’s laughable to think that he might have done it in goodwill. He’s not an amateur in dealing with figure skating athletes and their trades. Every clue says he did it with malicious intent and in a pre-contemplated manner.

Normally, I stay out of these things, but you are taking this way too personally and way too seriously. Lighten up, this is only a sport.

ETA - Orser will be fine as long as he stays alway from crazy Yu-Na fans.
    Last edited by algonquin; 09-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With four fresh years on the horizon and the recent split with Kim, his career in a way is just beginning. His success with Yuna blossomed in Vancouver; now that he has experience I see some of our younger talents- Rippon & Gao, flourishing under his tutelage. He's been there, done that, learned how to nurture- I think the next four years will be challenging, but will definitely reap big rewards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    As long as Jeremy Abbott gets there first.
    I'm not a Abbott fan. There is something I can not describe but bothers me about his skating.
    However, he has great technique and basic, so I think he will be one, this or next year.
    Hope to see Dai gets his too.
    Last edited by savina; 09-08-2010 at 06:22 AM.

vCash
    I know Tomas Verner was at the Cricket Club for a little while this summer. Last I heard, he was doing the wait-and-see approach to finding a coach. Maybe Orser could be his coach ? (Anything but going back to Papa Huth please )

vCash
    Contrary to your take on the thing, pursuing more business and being rich are very much correlated (itís not bad and not to be blamed either), unless the guy is counting his days or suddenly turn to zen or monkhood.
    it's not MY take at all it's a FACT. Facts are not subjective are they?

vCash
    Lowerthanlow...have you ever even met the man (Orser)? You have so much to say about him and I'd bet money you've never met him, don't know the first thing about him and have never seen him coach.

Strong opinions mean nada when you have zero to back them up see.

Watch me move
    vCash
    As for Orserís disclosing Yu-Naís programme prematurely without discussion or consent, itís laughable to think that he might have done it in goodwill. Heís not an amateur in dealing with figure skating athletes and their trades. Every clue says he did it with malicious intent and in a pre-contemplated manner.

Is this the best you can do for "every clue"? This is *one* source, and it's a blog expressing the writer's opinion. The writer gives no support for the assertion about an "unwritten rule".

You have no support for the allegation that "he did it with malicious intent and in a pre-contemplated manner", other than your anti-Orser paranoia.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Is this the best you can do for "every clue"? This is *one* source, and it's a blog expressing the writer's opinion. The writer gives no support for the assertion about an "unwritten rule".

You have no support for the allegation that "he did it with malicious intent and in a pre-contemplated manner", other than your anti-Orser paranoia.

Brian malicious?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234