Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    This is really a nice program, and kudos to Brian for trying something new, but, I'm somehow missing Brian in this program. Maybe it will grow on me later in the season, I don't know.
    Looking forward to the SP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninchen View Post
    This is really a nice program, and kudos to Brian for trying something new, but, I'm somehow missing Brian in this program. Maybe it will grow on me later in the season, I don't know.
    Looking forward to the SP!
    Maybe he just needs milage on the program and healing for the injury before he can loosen up with it. It's still new.

vCash
    I really like this.The music actually suits him and I have to admit I didnt think it would.Great job Brian

Home Sweet Home
    vCash
    Are those some transitions I see? Yay Joob!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupa View Post
    Are those some transitions I see? Yay Joob!
    Enjoy them while they last.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    LOL, the most flattering was the one he wore for his 1492 Long program (the first one...) : very revealing !!!
    Aka the chicken outfit ?
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Masters 2010
    Joubert SP

vCash
    I like Joubert´s costume and the programme/choreography in FS also. I hope there will be some transitions added after he gets more mileage?
    Last edited by Jaana; 10-05-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Home Sweet Home
    vCash
    I love him.

vCash
    Love it! Only criticism is the bottom bit of his jacket flapping up! I hope he's going for the 8 rev features on the spins eventually and not settling for level1/2, he can do better than that.

vCash
    his aim at this comp., according to his coach, was to get the sensation and motivation back, not the result.
    Brian said he did not do the required number of revolution because of that, he did not want to.

vCash
    I love the SP!!!!

vCash
    Big improvement, as far as SP goes.

Quite detailed choreo compared to what he had in the past and it's very much in his "manly" style, he is carrying it off well.

Watching FS now and why did he go to Wilson?

Back to the same crap. Stroking three times around the rink into first three jumping passes, etc.

Zzzzzzz...

And his moves seem awkward, he's not made for classical music! He needs something "big."

Awful awful empty program.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I do give Brian credit for trying something new. I hope that both programs gel as the season progresses. I tried not to think of either Lambiel or Dai while watching his sp...and I really didn't see much joy in the lp until the last minute. I wish him well as I have always had a soft spot for him. At least there didn't seem to be too much channeling of Yagudin..

I loved the Matrix. I saw him perform it at a Cheesefest in 04 in Providence...where he should, IMO, won over Plushenko.

I kind of like the young Brian....liked this program and a regular costume..Heck he even did a spread eagle and a shaky spiral..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSVzer72xqw

vCash
    I totally love his free program!
    I am so surprised with it and am really enjoying it!

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    When I heard of Joubert's SP theme, I was really not holding my breath and even shrudding in advance. And I was extremely wrong. Even on a video I find it totally material, I'm impressed by how expressive he can be (at last !!) and how mature his skating now looks. Way to go Brian, you never cease to amaze me (ok sometimes not in the right way lol, but not THIS time). To me it's, by far, the best SP he's ever had.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Thanks for the sp link! Wonderful programme and music, but where are the transitions??? He must add them to get higher scores... Or is Joubert counting on to get from judges top scores for non-existing transitions?

vCash
    I actually pretty much like his SP. It's not great but good enough and the right choice of music and choreo for his ability. It doesn't look difficult so he should handle it fine. I wonder what he will get for these steps. Of course, he doesn't need to worry about transitions, he's like Plushenko in this department which always annoys me but that's how it works.

LP program, on the contrary, feels very awkward. The music is divine but it shows even more his weaknesses. Like slow spins when they need to be fast and not the best lines and positions and he skates through it. He would do better with no classical music. David Wilson often uses movie soundtracks, why not give him something like Mask of Zorro or Pirates or even less known tracks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elanor View Post
    I actually pretty much like his SP. It's not great but good enough and the right choice of music and choreo for his ability. It doesn't look difficult so he should handle it fine.
    Well he's not really managing to be in-time with the music so far. ;P

He's not that off but he's struggling with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Big improvement, as far as SP goes.

Quite detailed choreo compared to what he had in the past and it's very much in his "manly" style, he is carrying it off well.
    very well said, manly indeed (thankfully, I'm fed up with girly male skaters ), I like it. I still feel weird seing him in this kind of program, but it's enjoyable and the guy is trying his best, which works good

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Watching FS now and why did he go to Wilson?

Back to the same crap. Stroking three times around the rink into first three jumping passes, etc.

Zzzzzzz...

And his moves seem awkward, he's not made for classical music! He needs something "big."

Awful awful empty program.
    Agreed on the zzzz part, on the classical music and on the "sth big". But considering his first three jumping passes are probably a quad-triple combination, a 3a and yet another quad, I'm not surprised they're not following any difficult transitions or steps. You cannot have too much of choreo when a skater is trying to concentrate before this kind of jumps.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast