Ugh, I'm really sleep deprived. This isn't W, it's FM radio. Anyway, the interesting gossipy bits. It's so scandalous, I'm having a hard time believing it's her.
* She says they saw the sun together and it was beautiful.
* Her and Yonni have been together for 10 years.
* She says that Yonni is separated, and claims that the wife is coming out of the woodwork for money, when these things happen people come out looking for whatever they can take, because they don't know love and don't have feelings, and they think money will fill them. But they are wrong because money goes away.
* She loves her "Wawa" () and they will be together until death because they love each other.
* Yonni is hers, Susana Valenzuela Rojas.
* FM interviewer is a moron and thinks that the wife greeted him.
* She says that if the wife had shown up she (Susana) simply wouldn't have gone up, but the wife isn't stupid and didn't go up because she realizes there's no money in it for her.
* FM asks her how she felt about the whole news about Yonni being the guy with two women, and she says "What, you'd like to be in my place?" "No" and then Susana makes a joke about him being a perforator and perforating every hole And how she's happy with his um...perforating
* She said that when Yonni got out he told her "I'm going to hit you hard" and asked her to hide out in the hospital so they could do it after everyone left. But they couldn't do it because she wasn't allowed in.
* She is separated, like Yonni, and has 3 kids from her previous marriage. Yonni can't have kids. "The mummy from the land of memories" is 69 years old.
* FM: "Why don't you like her?"
Susana: "Why should I? She had him before and I took it away from her"
* They've done everything since he got back already They said he was weak but he's not at all.
* His ex-wife hasn't been in the hospital. She has problems walking.
* They don't have any plans for marriage.
* He said that after this incident, he is only hers.
* He really did have a third mistress But Susana got rid of her. She was a 25 year old. She was harder to get rid of than the wife and Susana had to beat her up. He attracts a lot of women because she a lot of money. She showed up at the hospital? and tried to see him and Susana wouldn't let him. Apparently she almost got arrested If he saw her, he'd want to sleep with her.
* As to comments about the First Lady being on the wife's side: "No, I'm the boss, I got rid of the other ones"
*In an answer to a question of how long ago and how they started seeing each other, she started singing this telenovela classic.
Last edited by oleada; 10-15-2010 at 02:05 AM.
One of my friends (though I'm starting to feel like he's going to lose that title soon, given a lot of crap he's pulled recently) messaged me last night to ask what I was up to, and I told him I was watching the Chilean miner rescue and mentioned how amazing it was. He called the whole thing "trivial", "just the media needing something to talk about", and that it "isn't really news". Then he said, "What do you find amazing about it?"
By the way, who is the "mummy from the land of memories"--Yonni's mother? His wife is only in her 50's but looks older.
Thank you so much for translating!
There is another unnamed miner with a wife as well as a supposed babymama and two mistresses. That case has not been confirmed, though, as it's possible the latter three women wanted publicity or money.
Although one of my HS classmates thought 9/11 was no big deal since we were in CA and that was all the way out in NYC. I've always suspected she has...mental shortcomings though. Talking to her is like talking to a wall that spouts randomness like the people in the Bing TV ads. I did feel bad for her which is why I tried to help her out as a friend, but count me relieved when I got to college and could escape the
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americ...mine.rescuers/Gonzalez, a 20-year veteran of mining, said he was not particularly nervous about going into the mine, due to his years of experience and the amount of planning that had gone into Operation San Lorenzo.
The former professional soccer player had another reason to look forward to reaching the miners: the prospect of meeting Franklin Lobos, a former Chilean soccer star whom Gonzalez once regarded as an "idol."
But this time around, Gonzalez says he saw a different side of Lobos.
"I saw him almost immediately... he also remembered me, he's a great guy and he was one of the group's leaders. He was able to stay calm," he said.
Thanks for posting! Pretty cool!
I love this outcome, and this feel-good story. But I have no interest what-so-ever to see a movie version of it--unless it's similar to the gay porn 80's movie 'Century Mining'.
re. best network coverage--I watched the bbc live stream online & thought they were fantastic. Fluent Spanish speakers for the interviews/translating here & there, and very very respectful, not gossipy when talking about each miner as they came up. They didn't even mention the whole wife/mistress thing (that I heard anyway)--just talked about how he had helped w/ the medical work. I was very impressed w/ the bbc guys. No doom & gloom, just focusing on the miracle of it all.
I was watching BBC when the guy with the mistress was rescued and they definitely did mention his personal life. But otherwise the coverage was very professional and the reporter doing the interviews had excellent Spanish. Kudos to BBC
All but two are now out of the hospital and I believe they still have to wear the sunglasses. Problems readjusting to life outside is now beginning to show so I hope they get the help they need. Now some of the miners and their families say what happened was a miracle and perhaps making money from it would not be a good idea. Hope they still make the movie however and if they wish not to profit that the money should go to benefiting the whole community effected by the miner closure.
CNN said that they had made a pact to only talk about the experience as a group; and to share any proceeds.