vCash

Wiwa show in China - David Liu & Darren Olivero

I was looking for information about Nathan Chen and ran across this video of highlights of the Wiwa show in China in May. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SwoKMyB8p0. I think it's fabulous. The cast has everyone from 11-year-old Nathan Chen to 70 something Richard Dwyer.

I don't remember seeing a thread about the wiwa show when it happened in May. Did anyone go? Can anyone give any further information? I thought many fsuers would enjoy seeing these highlights.

Oh, by the way, the ABC person of the week story about Nathan Chen is pretty interesting too.

vCash
    I'm bumping this (just once). I didn't post this wiwa video and have no proprietary interest in it. I just came across it and thought is was very cool.

The cast was as follows -

Nathan Chen. Also starring Laurent Tobel, Rory Flack, Chrisha Gossard, David Liu, Ryoko Kudo, David Pekenham, Stanick Jeanette, Joel Dear, Danil Barantsev, Richard Dwyer, Jennifer Wester, Stuart Widdall, Florentine Houdiniere, Indy Wong and Craig Wilson.

The kites
    The hoop
    The balls
    The pairs

And the wind machines. It's just cool.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 09-02-2010 at 05:57 AM.

vCash
    Thank you for the link, it made my morning. I would have loved to have seen that show.

To everyone else who thinks this is just another stars on ice type show, you will be missing a real treat if you don't watch the clip.

vCash
    I was hoping someone else would like as much as I do. When I watch it I sort of get an idea of Cirque de Soleil on ice. I think it's an idea that might work - especially for those skaters whose strengths are not in the competition area.

I remember Chrisha Gossard for her wonderful extension and flexibility. I could see she got to use those strengths in this show.

vCash
    Thanks so much for posting this. I love the idea of a show like this - would play great in Las Vegas for an extended run I think and be a great opportunity for artistic skaters.

I used to skate some sessions in NY with David Liu years ago and he is one of the nicest people I have ever known. I'm so glad to see him having success with this show.