Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Welcome everyone from SkatingForums!

Who all is joining the party on FSU? Tell us your SF username so we can identify you. Hope you are enjoying FSU, if you haven't come here before!

I was vesperholly on SF.

vCash
    I was RoaringSkates, but I didn't post often.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Well, I'm not really joining as such, as I've been reading both forums for about five years, although I don't post much. I went to Skating Forums for the adult skating community, and come to FSU for the elite skating news, so it was kind of like they had different purposes. Would be happy to see more skaters posting in this section, but I think a lot of the Skating Forums members will be migrating to the replacement forum that has now been set up. Will still be reading both.

I'm Bunny Hop on all the various skating boards I read.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    Sk8lady here and skatingforums. Glad to see the group is not completely disbanded!

vCash
    Yeah, I remember when FSW went under/got bought/was destroyed, and how sad I was. It's hard, to lose your main forum.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    The replacement forum is skatingforums2.com. It's exactly the same as the old forum. Please come sign up!! We already have lots of posts going.
    All of our members are spreading out instead of channeling to the new forum, and FSU just doesn't have a big on ice forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    All of our members are spreading out instead of channeling to the new forum, and FSU just doesn't have a big on ice forum
    This forum is what you make of it!

vCash
    Woo hooo! Skatingforums peeps in the hoouuze! I'm thrilled that you are posting here and look forward to growing this on-ice section! Let's also be sure to support the new Skatingforums site!

vCash
    Hello skatingforums refugees!!! (Same name here as old skatingforums.)

in the clear view provided by corrective lenses!
    vCash
    Happy to be a skatingforums refuge!

FSU is good but am glad for the "new" board for the old members. Kind of comforting in a way...

Although I haven't participated in the "Parlor" (parlour?") I am curious as to where it is currently housed, so to speak...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icedancer2 View Post
    Although I haven't participated in the "Parlor" (parlour?") I am curious as to where it is currently housed, so to speak...
    It's in Off the Beaten Track.

vCash
    I'm from SF! Same name : flying~camel

vCash
    I go out of town for 2 weeks and skatingforums disappears?! noooo! Where did it go? I love FSU, but the two boards seemed to serve different purposes. Will check out the skatingforums2 site. I'm excited to see this part of FSU grow, though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgail View Post
    I go out of town for 2 weeks and skatingforums disappears?! noooo! Where did it go? I love FSU, but the two boards seemed to serve different purposes. Will check out the skatingforums2 site. I'm excited to see this part of FSU grow, though!
    skatingforums2 is pretty much skatingforums. They are even importing in old threads.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I'm sk8er1964 here, there and everywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    skatingforums2 is pretty much skatingforums. They are even importing in old threads.
    Yes, so many people still wanted access to the tech info, that a great effort was made to save and restore it.

vCash
    I've been a luker here for a long time but, FSU and skatingforums are my two favorite skating forums. When it was announced skatingforums would be closing in two days I thought for a while and just couldn't let it go. So, I registered skatingforums2 and we continued. The skatingforums link was redirecting until this morning but it is in limbo during the domain transfer. Next week it will all be skatingforums.com again.

I hope both keep going because they each bring unique things to our sport that are really needed and appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8erEagle View Post
    The skatingforums link was redirecting until this morning but it is in limbo during the domain transfer. Next week it will all be skatingforums.com again.

I hope both keep going because they each bring unique things to our sport that are really needed and appreciated.
    Thanks for the info about the URL. And for your comment about the two forums!

vCash
    Hi! I'm drskater from SF (still the same drskater at the old Sf new site) and am new to FSU! Looking forward to participating more in this forum. It's a little scary to start somewhere new--it took me a year to work up the nerve to post at SF.

vCash
    I was je at skatingforums (and will be again). I rarely post, but am a faithful out-of-date lurker at skatingforums. Less so here--so many posts, so little time.

Johanna

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast