View Poll Results: Who Is the Queen of Skating Moms?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Momma Henie

1 0.56%
  • Momma Heiss

0 0%
  • Momma Fleming

5 2.81%
  • Momma Chin

33 18.54%
  • Momma Lipinski

15 8.43%
  • Momma Harding

2 1.12%
  • Momma Bobek

5 2.81%
  • La Mère Joubert

22 12.36%
  • Momma Leung

16 8.99%
  • Momma Zhang

7 3.93%
  • Momma Kim

56 31.46%
  • Other (please identify)

16 8.99%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It was Louis Stong who was quoted as calling Yuna's mum the queen of all skating mothers..he's always given articulate , well considered opinions before, besides being gentlemanly in his demeanor..I'm sure he knows his skating history ( he's been around for a lot of it ,hasn't he ? )..So I figure he knows whereof he speaks , and let him sway me just a smidge in casting an otherwise very difficult vote..

vCash
    The Mère Joubert, because she influences her son even when she doesn't want to !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    It was Louis Stong who was quoted as calling Yuna's mum the queen of all skating mothers..he's always given articulate , well considered opinions before, besides being gentlemanly in his demeanor..I'm sure he knows his skating history ( he's been around for a lot of it ,hasn't he ? )..So I figure he knows whereof he speaks , and let him sway me just a smidge in casting an otherwise very difficult vote..
    Well I definetly think there is truth to Stong's words but I also suspect her probably heard a lot more personal stories about Mama Kim than he's heard about lets say Mama Joubert, given the close proximity...

However, I will say this, I think there's a difference between a skating mother who is horrific to deal with, and a skating mother/parent who make destructive decisions that sabatoge a child's career AND is horrific to deal with.

Say what you will about Mama Kim and how horrific she is to deal with Orser didn't dump them, she dumped him. So for that at long she has something on Mama Chin. And Yu-na I think it can be said has fulfilled her potential as a skater-something that cannot be said about Brian Joubert.

Mama Kim at the very least wasn't dumb enough to dump the good coach during the Olympic year and go coachless-see Danny Kwan. And I think in general given how great Yu-na was, when Yu-na came from a country without a strong figure skating history, that really has to be attributed to Mama making good coaching decisions and decisions in general from the start. The woman may be horrible person to deal with, she may be a b*tch, but maybe she had to be to get her daughter as good as Yu-na is.

While we may not like Mama leaving Orser, it doesn't mean that the woman doesn't have her reasons. It doesn't mean Brian is a bad coach or anything ilke that but her reasons could be wanting someone with less students, someone better suited to help Yu-na get the 3loop back etc. (something she may need) The woman strikes me as a cold enough person, where she would dump a coach, even a coach who has done a lot if she thought it would make Yu-na better. Although to be frank, while Orser is a brilliant coach, Mama Kim DID help move his coaching career much faster, so while he may be emotional and angry, I refuse to see how he didn't benefit from Mama Kim giving him the job.

In general, I can actually sort of understand why Yu-na might actually be willing to follow her mother's instincts on coaching decisions and that like, even if she hates how controlling her mother is. I can't understand why Michelle was willing to go along with being coachless at the Olympics (and its not about hating Michelle)
    Last edited by bek; 08-29-2010 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Tough choice, but I think Chin's hellMom takes this.

vCash
    Mama Mcdonough. She's like Jimmy McElroy's step father, only not fictional.
    Someone suggested her as Kim's new coach in another thread, and I was like 'Nah, she doesn't do sweaty leftover!'

vCash
    Do we have to pick just one?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Mao's Mon is the queen of the figureskating Mom world.

1.3Times coach changing

2. 2010/11 season Mao Asada Rule

3.OLympic campaign Money..etc.

vCash
    There is something here that NEEDS to be corrected because it is SEXIST!!!

It was PAPA Henie, not Mama, who totally programmed everything for Sonja including loading the judging panel in her favor and negotiating her financial deals. PAPA was the original skateparent from hell!!!! Give the XY skaterdad his due!!!!!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    The Mère Joubert, because she influences her son even when she doesn't want to !
    Oui! She got my vote, too...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Did I piss off some group of people by talking about Mummy Asada?
    Obviously, some lunatics think Mummy Asada is invincible and beyond criticism. Guess what? I’m only referring to Tarasova who happens to be one of the greatest skating minds ever.

Your act of foolishness has prompted me to add Tarasova’s comments to my signature. Maybe this will teach you to think twice before talking rubbish about other people's parents.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 08-30-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Wow, what happened to my Rep power?
    Did I piss off some group of people by talking about Mummy Asada?
    Obviously, some lunatics think Mummy Asada is invincible and beyond criticism. Guess what? I’m only referring to Tarasova who happens to be one of the greatest skating minds ever.

Your act of foolishness has prompted me to add Tarasova’s comments to my signature. Maybe this will teach you to think twice before talking rubbish about other people's parents.
    First of all, sig lines have a limit of two lines. Please edit.

Second, talking about rep on the board? Not cool. Please see the thread about Reputation in the Board Business forum if you haven't read it already.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Mao's mon VS Yu-na's mon--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Mao's mon

- 3times coach change

- 2010/11 season making Mao's Rule

-Asking The Money about Olympic Campaign.

2. Yu-na's Mon

- several million dollars donation - supporting

- Her biography[book]-rorality donation

- korean skaters supporting

- unicef etc society volunteer supporting

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    You were warned about making these kinds of posts. A little vacation will hopefully help you calm down.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm amused that some rather...revisionist posters have recently been painting Mama Asada as the new she-devil incarnate.

Projecting much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    First of all, sig lines have a limit of two lines. Please edit.

Second, talking about rep on the board? Not cool. Please see the thread about Reputation in the Board Business forum if you haven't read it already.
    I appreciate your notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    There is something here that NEEDS to be corrected because it is SEXIST!!!

It was PAPA Henie, not Mama, who totally programmed everything for Sonja including loading the judging panel in her favor and negotiating her financial deals. PAPA was the original skateparent from hell!!!! Give the XY skaterdad his due!!!!!
    Even Sonja's brother admitted as much. And people bash on Danny Kwan. Bitches, puh-lease...
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    is funny that in order to explain Yu-na's mother cray cray behavior, her bots start to trash down Mao's mother, who has nothing to do with this.

Sad and delusional, but what could you wait from brainless bots?

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post

LOL Revenge from a 12 year-old. I am impressed, kid.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Need to be added:

Mama McDonough
    Mama Cohen
    Mama Zhang

In light of recent events I voted for Mama Kim.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Yu Na and Mao are as inseparable as Tonya and Nancy, Davis and Crawford, sh*t and shineola....sad but true....
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onionviper View Post
    is funny that in order to explain Yu-na's mother cray cray behavior, her bots start to trash down Mao's mother, who has nothing to do with this.

Sad and delusional, but what could you wait from brainless bots?

LOL Revenge from a 12 year-old. I am impressed, kid.
    Please stop crying and go to Taravova to file your complaints.
    Who knows she might release to press that she has never said such things, a la Mr. Orser the man of integrity.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast