Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash

Triple Loop

Hi Sylvia! Thank you for the response

I was at Golden West and Glacier Falls and think those reports would be inaccurate since she was skating a Sr program at her summer competitions with a 3F and 3L in her short (and didn't think she would get a jgp event). She had to rework both her programs to fit the Jr circuit (adding a 3 lo to the short and shortening the fs).

I don't doubt that she could have done a double loop instead of the triple in her short (I've seen her over-rotate that triple loop a number of times and have problems with the landing during warm ups) but she did have the 3Lo in her fs at GW and GF so it's definitely not something she's not attempting.

I'm dying to see the re-worked programs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    No known video links at this time, sorry. In the discussion thread for the JGP in Ostrava, CZE in the Kiss and Cry forum, I mentioned that I didn't think Lam is attempting the 3Lo in competition yet (based on Golden West reports), and so I am assuming she may have skated clean in Ostrava today with 3Lz+2T and 2Lo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gracieboo View Post
    I don't doubt that she could have done a double loop instead of the triple in her short (I've seen her over-rotate that triple loop a number of times and have problems with the landing during warm ups) but she did have the 3Lo in her fs at GW and GF so it's definitely not something she's not attempting.
    Thanks for correcting me! Did Vanessa land the 3Lo in her Senior FS at Glacier Falls or Golden West? Here's hoping that Vanessa landed 3Lz+2Lo and 3Lo in the winning SP in Ostrava... we'll know for sure when the detailed protocols are published after the FS.

vCash
    Fall at GF for sure. I want to say she landed it at GW -- she fell on her toe and flip at GW's fs.
    Last edited by gracieboo; 10-14-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Title-less
    vCash
    Do you think Ashley Cain will get a jr ladies bye now that she's made jgpf in pairs? My guess is no but you never know...

vCash
    From what I know, Cain is only eligible for a bye through Mids to Nationals in Junior Pairs (the discipline in which she and Reagan qualified for the JGP Final) and she still has to compete in the Junior Ladies event at Mids in order to qualify for Nationals in singles.

vCash
    Does anyone else feel sad for Vanessa Lam that she didn't even get the opportunity to qualify for the JGPF, despite winning her event?

vCash
    Sure, but I'm just glad she got to experience her first-ever JGP and maybe this will give her extra momentum and confidence going into Sectionals next month and Nationals (her Senior debut). She even has a chance to make the 2011 Junior World team if she places high enough at Nationals.

ETA: Lam had nothing to lose in Ostrava, and so it's possible she skated with less pressure on herself than the other ladies who were trying to make the Final (Shelepen, Shoji, Baga, Li).

Belated thanks to gracieboo for your recollection of Lam's jumps at Golden West!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-17-2010 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    Does anyone else feel sad for Vanessa Lam that she didn't even get the opportunity to qualify for the JGPF, despite winning her event?
    It's too bad Vanessa didn't get a earlier JGP assignment, but then again, would she have skated as well? We will never know.

She is a great talent from the SWP!

Congratulations to her!l
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Vanessa is a talented young lady. I wonder if she would have made the final.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789