Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    This morning I put on brown socks and shoes to go with the brown pants I'd be wearing.

Wasn't until I arrived at work that I realized that for some reason, I'd put on black pants. So now I'm looking *good* in black pants with brown shoes and socks.

And there was once upon a time, before child, when I was actually quite fashionable. Alas... Now, I suppose that I should be grateful that I even managed to end up wearing pants.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    This is my first post in the Parlour since being summarily banned from Skating Forums for daring to post that Sasha flutzes. I must say that I really have missed the Parlour and a big welcome to Patsy, who I have also missed, and the crew.

Since last posting at the Parlour, I have acquired three grandsons (one by marriage) giving me a total of four grandsons and no grandaughters. The boys are 9, 5 and 3. Fuzzy, the 3 year-old is about to start Jr. Kindergarden (God help his teacher!), and is quite excited. He's very active and never sits still.

His older brother Jack, started school last year and knew all of his colours, could count to 100, and Jack was already reading when he started kindergarden. He started reading when he was 2. His teacher says he's the smartest child in the class. Fuzzy has resisted learning anything. Doesn't know his colours, his numbers and doesn't care to learn. He can snow board and started skateboarding when he was a year old. Not nearly as impressive to his teachers as reading though.

I can't wait for the first parent/teacher interview.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    So now I'm looking *good* in black pants with brown shoes and socks.
    Several months ago I went out wearing black pants with one black shoe and one brown one. Not only that, the heels were different heights (I had wondered why I seemed to be limping).
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Guzzi View Post
    Several months ago I went out wearing black pants with one black shoe and one brown one. Not only that, the heels were different heights (I had wondered why I seemed to be limping).
    I did that same thing once before - sad thing was nobody noticed.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Guzzi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    I did that same thing once before - sad thing was nobody noticed.
    I did too except the shoes were white, but one was a peeptoe and the other was a sandal

vCash
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who has problems matching their shoes now and then. Back when I was wearing heels (all the same style, only thing that changed was the colors), I even managed the one-black-one-navy-blue routine now and then. GAH--brown socks and shoes with black would do very well on a college campus these days (even better if the socks were knee highs).

Dragonlady! So good to see you and I bet the parent-teacher conference you could sell tickets to.

Boy, what a week it's been. 7 days ago from right now I had no idea we would buy a new Honda CRV and retire the Accord at 18 years and 274,000 miles and no idea sf would go by-by . . . . not to mention no idea the obligatory summer cold would choose to camp on my doorstep. Perhaps this week will be calmer?

*Patsy pours a nice soothing cuppa cammomile tea from the Parlor's dining room table pot and grabs an equally-soothing kitty*

fragrance free
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy View Post
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who has problems matching their shoes now and then.
    Mismatching navy blue and black is something I've done often. I can tell the difference in sunlight but I have a hard time with artificial light.

I'm drinking green tea. The kitty is chasing something and I don't want to know what so I'm ignoring her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I'm not trying to pick on you, but even this post is arrogant. The implication is: I didn't think you had the wits or the couth to "get it" but to my surprise, you actually did.

Maybe it would be a good idea to lurk a little bit before you do any more damage...maybe we will turn out to be intelligent enough & nice enough to meet your standards.
    Aaak! By "you got it" I mean I will do what you say I should, not that you "understand" - as in "you want it, you got it." Seems like I've said so much that's wrong that I've really poisoned the well.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbny View Post
    Aaak! By "you got it" I mean I will do what you say I should, not that you "understand" - as in "you want it, you got it." Seems like I've said so much that's wrong that I've really poisoned the well.
    NOW you sound like an FSUer!
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    OMG, Thank you! (can't find a "bowing" smiley.)This may be the only compliment I ever get here, but I regard it as the highest.

vCash

Boy, what a week it's been. 7 days ago from right now I had no idea we would buy a new Honda CRV and retire the Accord at 18 years and 274,000 miles and no idea sf would go by-by . . . .
    18 years and 274k? You were just breaking that baby in!

I had to retire my Honda Civic after 350K plus miles ("plus" because the odometer stopped working at 350k). I only retired it because the rust had gotten so bad that I was afraid the front hood might pop open on the highway. But the engine was still going...

...So I bought another Honda Civic.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Yea, she might make it here...

Patsy, or any of the mismatched parlorites, why did your old home, SF, close down?

NJL (..just curious......)

vCash
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who has problems matching their shoes now and then. Back when I was wearing heels (all the same style, only thing that changed was the colors), I even managed the one-black-one-navy-blue routine now and then. GAH--brown socks and shoes with black would do very well on a college campus these days (even better if the socks were knee highs)....Boy, what a week it's been. 7 days ago from right now I had no idea we would buy a new Honda CRV and retire the Accord at 18 years and 274,000 miles and no idea sf would go by-by . . . . not to mention no idea the obligatory summer cold would choose to camp on my doorstep. Perhaps this week will be calmer?
    I used to buy the same shoe in multiple colors back when it was much harder to find size 11's and when I found a shoe that fit well I wanted as many as I could get. The number of times I have had one blue/one black shoe on are too numerous to count. Fortunately I was able to keep to my desk most of the time and no one ever noticed.

Sorry that you had to get rid of the geriatric Accord, but I think you will love your CR-V. We have had ours for about 2 years and absolutely love it.

I'm back to being depressed that we are once again going to experience temperatures in the high 90's. Is fall EVER going to get here?!?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    I'm back to being depressed that we are once again going to experience temperatures in the high 90's. Is fall EVER going to get here?!?
    You might get Earl before you get fall. Breezes might cool things down a bit.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Fuzzy has resisted learning anything. Doesn't know his colours, his numbers and doesn't care to learn.
    Have his parents checked whether he's colorblind?

He can snow board and started skateboarding when he was a year old.
    So he has learned physical skills, instead of knowledge.

vCash
    7 days ago from right now I had no idea we would buy a new Honda CRV and retire the Accord at 18 years and 274,000 *
    When I was sixteen, I inherited my grandmother's 1986 Nissan Maxima. I loved, loved that car. It had extremely comfy seats and a moonroof. The transmission blew out when I was 23 and by then it had about 290,000 miles on it and was 17 years old. There's something very comforting about old cars that last a really long time
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    The number of times I have had one blue/one black shoe on are too numerous to count. Fortunately I was able to keep to my desk most of the time and no one ever noticed.
    One advantage to working with mostly men is that I don't think they'd notice if I walked in barefoot (and they certainly didn't notice when I showed up in one black and oen brown shoe of the same style)
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    DragonLady - Congratulations on your wonderful grandchildren. With Jack and Fuzzy, you've got all the bases covered. Would love to hear about the other two also, and hoping you get a granddaughter sooner or later. Fuzzy sounds like one of those ancestors who protected us from tigers way back when. They are still very much needed! Guess his teachers will have to be patient until he winds down enough to find it worth his while to sit still for half an hour.

Patsy - Your old Accord has served you well, indeed! Congrats on your new CR-V. Thank you for bringing the Parlor over here!

Mmmm, a cuppa and a kitty. Can haz?

Don't know if I've ever gone out with mismatched shoes/socks, but I'm pretty frustrated with the number of times I've noticed a big stain front and center, that just wasn't visible at home .

(NeilJLeonard, thanks for the encouragement.)

vCash
    This whole thread has made me laugh...I am really enjoying it. It is kind of like a sociology experiment :-) Throw a group of people in with an entirely new group of people, and see what happens.

I have been a member here for a long time but haven't had much time to post/I mainly lurk. I was a member of Skatingforums, but not part of the Parlour, but there were really so few threads in general chat there wasn't much to reply to there. I have always liked lurking at FSU for the variety, along with the bit of snark you can find here. It reminds me of the refreshing candor you can find at other sites, such as Television Without Pity, etc.

vCash
    Actually we didn't give up on the Accord--we sold it to the brother of a co-worker of DH's who wanted it for his 15 year old son. Since it seemed to me to be a good idea not to have car payments while retired, I looked at the calendar and decided we'd better get going, NOW! if that goal were to be achieved.

Definitely can haz kitty and cuppa (reference is to Can Haz Cheezeburger)!

Glad to hear the good report on the CRV . . . . we're still in the but-where's-my-trunk? shock . . . . however, for bad knees people the higher seats definitely seemed the way to go.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast