Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

vCash
    Good luck Buzz, and lise, with the weight loss.

There's a part of me that REALLY would like to lose 10 pounds but the rest of me is just not committed to it and would rather eat and be physically lazy.

vCash
    Thanks LilJen! Good luck Buzz!

I'm now down 110 pounds. I can't believe it! The weight is falling fast and soon I will add more exercise in. I ordered the P90X system to help me tone some muscles.

At home. all is good; poor hubby has a fever. I'm a little concerned as he's been ill for 2 weeks but does not want to see a doctor. I'm getting ready to start my new job next week.

I'm making a list now of who I really want to be friends with and who to let go of. I have friends that don't call me unless they need or want something, others that use me for their purposes ect. I'm tired of being walked on so I'm taking control and surround myself with people that know the meaning of friendship.

At the same time, I am researching how to become a registered dietician. I want to take the course online, but of course need it to be from a recognized schoool. East Carolina University has made my short list. I'm waiting for a few callbacks from the regulatory body regarding which schools would meet their standards. If anyone has any recommendations; I would gladly take them!

It's the french cultural festival time here in Winnipeg. I'm looking forward to some concerts!

Have a great week-end everyone!

vCash
    Lise--omg! That's wonderful--"good on you" for all that hard work. I heard on CBC tonight that Festival du Voyageur begins with a parade tonight--enjoy!

Buzz--I'll hold good thoughts for your weight loss project. I've always thought "loss" is such an inadequate way to describe the fierce battle to weigh less.

vCash
    I'm at Goth Child's house until Tuesday, while GC and her husband are in Mexico for her cousin's wedding. There is a whole huge tale there and I'm not sure whether GC even went to the wedding but the trip was paid for so they weren't staying home.

Aiden has gone to his mother's house for the weekend so only Jack and Fuzzy are here, but there is also the household menagerie to care for: 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 birds and a fish. Mercifully the dog has been boarded so I don't have to worry about walking the dog. Goth Child also made and froze dinners in advance so I just have to defrost and reheat.

I still haven't found a job and maybe I won't bother. I've made more money playing poker since my contract ended, than I made at the job. Last weekend I won a $25,000 poker tournament. The winner's share of the prize pool was over $4,200. DH suggested I try playing poker for a living.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I still haven't found a job and maybe I won't bother. I've made more money playing poker since my contract ended, than I made at the job. Last weekend I won a $25,000 poker tournament. The winner's share of the prize pool was over $4,200. DH suggested I try playing poker for a living.
    Hasn't worked so well for my brother and sister-in-law. Sure the first 18 months they seemed to do well. Lately not so much. And finding a job has been difficult since then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Bet with your head, not over it. I saw a beautiful Fiat Spider convertible with the top down in the supermarket parking lot today. I complimented the owner as he was getting out and he told me that he won it in a card game down in Myrtle Beach last year. The previous owner bet more money than he had so the current owner took the car to cover the losses. He said the loser's wife had to come and pick him up.

vCash
    Holy cow! How's that for not having to make car payments??!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Bet with your head, not over it. I saw a beautiful Fiat Spider convertible with the top down in the supermarket parking lot today. I complimented the owner as he was getting out and he told me that he won it in a card game down in Myrtle Beach last year. The previous owner bet more money than he had so the current owner took the car to cover the losses. He said the loser's wife had to come and pick him up.
    I don't bet on emotion, I bet on the cards I'm dealt, the read I get on the others in the hand with me, and pot odds. When I play live games, I take a set amount of money with me. If I lose the money I have, I figure it's not my night, and I go home.

I had another player offer to loan me $20 to get back into the game after I busted out. I thanked him but declined, saying I could go to the ATM and get money, but if things were going this badly for me, I should just go home.

For the time being, I'll stick to online tournaments for the bigger bucks. I do better in touraments than cash games so I avoid getting involved in cash games for big bucks, for now.

But I love live games. They are so much more fun than online games. Plus I've been playing with the same people long enough that we all know one another, we know each other's strengths, weaknesses and favourite hands. And we're not playing for enough money that people get ugly with one another. $40 is our standard buy-in.

The funny thing is, had my grandsons not given me the flu, I would have used that $100 to go to my live game, and not been playing online that weekend. So my grandsons giving me the flu is the reason I won that tournament.

vCash
    I think you're the only person I've ever actually met in person who has done this--your factoid for the day. :-)

Hang in there, trying-to-lose-weight folks . . . . I'm finding the end of February a real challenge. All of a sudden I seem to want to eat everything in sight. sigh

vCash
    Goth Child and her husband are on their way home as I type this. Their plane should be landing in less than an hour. All of the children, animals and plants left in my care are still living. The house is decently tidy, most of the laundry is done, and I'm totally and completely exhausted.

I look forward to going home, putting my feet up and doing NOTHING for at least a day.

vCash
    wow--children, animals AND plants! A perfect trifecta. Add in tidy house and most of the laundry is clean and you've won a Gold Star big time. Definitely deserving of a couple days at home collapsed.

vCash
    Nowhere else to ask this random question I have while subbing at the high school....I often had this question as a full time high school teacher as well:

Why does silence make teenagers have to pee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Nowhere else to ask this random question I have while subbing at the high school....I often had this question as a full time high school teacher as well:

If they can't talk, they need something else to do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Well, it would be rude to interrupt the presentation to ask to go pee and it would draw attention to themselves. So while the class is reading and not paying attention they'll ask. Alternatively, if you're done, they have no interest in doing actual work and just want to fix their make-up or hang out with their friends.

Goth Child and her husband got home shortly after 6:00 last night. The children went insane and spent 10 minutes jumping into their arms, repeatedly. We all had dinner together - fast food at that, and then DH and I went home.

I was asleep at 10:00 and slept through until nearly 8:00 this morning. I'm starting to recover energy.

Goth Child said her and her husband befriended the staff who told taught them how to use the local transit and where the local people shopped and ate so they went on numerous side trips away from the resort, all of which were being offered by the resort at three times the money.

SIL went snorkelling with giant sea turtles and manta rays in the Caribbean Sea in the nearby nature preserve. GC and SIL took the bus to one town, toured the ruins there, ate a sumptuous lunch and returned to the resort for $30 US. The same trip was being offered by the resort, including the snorkelling, for $120 per person. The resort offered a tour bus trip to the ruins, including lunch for $75 US, EACH. GC and SIL went to the ruins for $20 total.

vCash
    It was sort of a rhetorical question.

But I swear, especially when there is a sub, silent time to do homework inevitably starts a parade to the bathroom. It is insane. And the group this afternoon had plenty to work on to keep them busy for the 30 minutes when we had the bathroom parade. A four page packet due tomorrow. Personally, even as a high school student, I would have been busy getting that done so I didn't have to take it home.

vCash
    Got an Email from SharonD and she has ill but is recovering at home and I know we all wish her a speedy recovery. Get well SD!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445