Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Hmmmmm the reason that the regular forums at SF are empty is because Adrian banned all the regular posters years ago.
    Funny- I always thought the "regular" ones over there were the On Ice boards.

(Which is why I used that board for one reason, and this for another)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Oh, I'm much nicer in person.
    Whatever.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Im much nicer in person but frankly after reading the last few days:

F$U

How F$U admins do nothing re problem posters.

How evil and mean and nasty we are and how awful it all is from someone with over 2400 posts here.

Then I get pissed off

Im a little wary of the welcome wagon, if you want to post here, carry on and no biggie! I know a lot of SF regulars do and have done for years. That's if Adrian hadnt ran you off like he did many people in 2002/03 (IIRC).

We are not out to advertise for new members, I will blow my own trumpet and declare this the longest running and most successful figure skating forum on the internet. Because that is the fact of the matter.

Frankly, I do and dont give a crap what these people think. I hate blatent untruths though and I LOL at the hypocrisy of people with in excess of 2400 posts here screeching how AWFUL it is here. When frankly, she has way more posts here than at SF. Shame your silly post there caused you to be outed privately to me. Nice of Adrian to delete the forum though

Truth Hurts eh?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    SHARPIE:

Where can I get a delerious lei? It's been a while for me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Im much nicer in person but frankly after reading the last few days:

F$U

How F$U admins do nothing re problem posters.

How evil and mean and nasty we are and how awful it all is from someone with over 2400 posts here.

Then I get pissed off

Im a little wary of the welcome wagon, if you want to post here, carry on and no biggie! I know a lot of SF regulars do and have done for years. That's if Adrian hadnt ran you off like he did many people in 2002/03 (IIRC).

We are not out to advertise for new members, I will blow my own trumpet and declare this the longest running and most successful figure skating forum on the internet. Because that is the fact of the matter.

Frankly, I do and dont give a crap what these people think. I hate blatent untruths though and I LOL at the hypocrisy of people with in excess of 2400 posts here screeching how AWFUL it is here. When frankly, she has way more posts here than at SF. Shame your silly post there caused you to be outed privately to me. Nice of Adrian to delete the forum though

Truth Hurts eh?
    First of, you are awesome Sharpie! But you knew that.....

I'm glad I actually saw everything said at SF before it shut down. That was a pretty fast demise. I used to be way more active on SF back in the day but then turned most of my attention here. I did like SF because it was heavy on the adult skater population and there was a lot of good info shared about competitions and such.

I think everyone can agree that here and there are pretty different. I don't agree with it, but I can see how the noob poster here might be a little intimidated upon first glance. Someone who was active both here and there has absolutely no right to say things like F$U or that the mods/admins here don't do anything about problem posters or that they're nasty. They should know better.

I don't think anyone from SF has the right to come over here and say they're taking over (it won't happen) or to enforce their own rules in ANY thread. That's a lot of not ok. FSU isn't SF. If you are coming over from SF, play nice.

And veteran FSU'ers, try to remember that SF peeps are kinda homeless right now and are searching for someplace to roost. Whether that ends up being here for the long run I don't know. But try and go easy on them at first, ok? Not everyone at SF shares the views that Sharps posted about.

Can't we all just get along??

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    First of, you are awesome Sharpie! But you knew that.....

I'm glad I actually saw everything said at SF before it shut down. That was a pretty fast demise. I used to be way more active on SF back in the day but then turned most of my attention here. I did like SF because it was heavy on the adult skater population and there was a lot of good info shared about competitions and such.

I think everyone can agree that here and there are pretty different. I don't agree with it, but I can see how the noob poster here might be a little intimidated upon first glance. Someone who was active both here and there has absolutely no right to say things like F$U or that the mods/admins here don't do anything about problem posters or that they're nasty. They should know better.

I don't think anyone from SF has the right to come over here and say they're taking over (it won't happen) or to enforce their own rules in ANY thread. That's a lot of not ok. FSU isn't SF. If you are coming over from SF, play nice.

And veteran FSU'ers, try to remember that SF peeps are kinda homeless right now and are searching for someplace to roost. Whether that ends up being here for the long run I don't know. But try and go easy on them at first, ok? Not everyone at SF shares the views that Sharps posted about.

Can't we all just get along??
    I don't see why any of us can't get along. I was a member of a message board once where the admin/owner allowed members to attack, harass and literally verbally "cuss out" other members for no reason. I left that board and didn't look back. It eventually shut down which was a blessing because no one deserved to be treated in that type of manner.

I was invited to FSU by a dear friend that was a mod here about three years before I joined. I would have joined then but I only had WebTV and it wasn't very reliable at the time. If anyone's ever used WebTV before, I think they'll understand what I'm talking about.

I found when I joined that FSU was like heaven compared to that other message board. I happen to like the admin & mods here because they do their job well and I know for a fact that they do take care of problem posters.

I don't know anything about SF and was never a member there. That's no problem with me as long as no member acts like some of the members did at the other message board I mentioned. The other board was Nightmare on Elm Street whereas FSU isn't and never will be.

I have much for FSU.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

I think everyone can agree that here and there are pretty different. I don't agree with it, but I can see how the noob poster here might be a little intimidated upon first glance.
    OMG, I was! I was truly nervous to post amongst the level 4 snark (+3 GOE). But I got over it. Eventually. For the most part.

Now I love the attitude here, and what I don't like, I just ignore.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    OMG, I was! I was truly nervous to post amongst the level 4 snark (+3 GOE). But I got over it. Eventually. For the most part.

Now I love the attitude here, and what I don't like, I just ignore.
    Exactly! I need my daily doses of snark here! There's something for everyone.

vCash
    Well I just checked out SF and the web link takes you to SF2. The look is a bit different but there is a board there none the less.

I did enjoy the parents section at SF because there was lots of good information for newbie skating parents from everything from boot selection to changing coaches. I didn't really look at the other threads. Of course, you can't beat FSU for up to date news and the play by play threads are fabulous when you can't see competitions live. OTBT is also great for all kinds of useless information that's really interesting.

I don't think I'm much of a snarker, but I really enjoy the quick wit of many of the posters here. I can never think of the fast retorts (well, I think of them 2 hours later which really doesn't help!)
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Well I just checked out SF and the web link takes you to SF2. The look is a bit different but there is a board there none the less.

I did enjoy the parents section at SF because there was lots of good information for newbie skating parents from everything from boot selection to changing coaches. I didn't really look at the other threads. Of course, you can't beat FSU for up to date news and the play by play threads are fabulous when you can't see competitions live. OTBT is also great for all kinds of useless information that's really interesting.

I don't think I'm much of a snarker, but I really enjoy the quick wit of many of the posters here. I can never think of the fast retorts (well, I think of them 2 hours later which really doesn't help!)
    You, too! I'm afraid that's why I don't post a lot in the ToToToToT thread. I know a lot of triva but I can't think of it sometimes quick enough to post it.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    You, too! I'm afraid that's why I don't post a lot in the ToToToToT thread. I know a lot of triva but I can't think of it sometimes quick enough to post it.
    Is that what that thread is for?

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Is that what that thread is for?
    I've never been in those threads, but I always wondered what they were.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I am actually from SashaFans (hi lanieee) and I used to post there often. I think me and Lanie actually ran the forum (SashaFans) and everyone was kindof afraid of us, but it's fine.

You guys will like me, even if I still don't post alot. I go to as many events as I can. I'm also funny, charming, and I like to bite my nails.

I bring a bounty of videos and pictures that me or my boyfriend have taken at various events. Stars On Ice, Nationals, Shows, etc.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I've never been in those threads, but I always wondered what they were.
    Well it's sort of like trivia in a way. You think of a particular subject and give choices of what someone else might prefer. That's the best way I can explain it. For instance ...

Which do you prefer:

Snickers
    Baby Ruth
    Milky Way
    Milk Duds
    Mars Bar

I like to read the thread even though I don't participate. I did participate some when I first joined FSU but I like the Word Association and other ToToT thread better. You have to think of songs in the other ToToT thread. I'm pretty good at that ... sometimes.
    Angie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    ToToToT has nothing to do with trivia you silly woman!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Yea ... but the problem is that you have to think of all the subjects and I can't think fast enough! At least not as fast as you play!
    Angie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    They really call us F$U? How ridiculous.
    If my memory serves me right, FSWorld was originally a free board that got shut down for a while with NO NOTICE. When it DID came back up, the owner wanted a LOT of money per month and per year to have access to the board to read and post! Thankfully, that board got shut down a month later b/c no one was willing to pay that insane amount to have access to that board. That's why it's called F$W

For what it's worth... I'm usually a skatingforums person... but have been a member of FSU for a LONG time and occasionally posts here. (See my profile for my "Join Date.") These days I'm more a Facebook person though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzpants View Post
    If my memory serves me right, FSWorld was originally a free board that got shut down for a while with NO NOTICE. When it DID came back up, the owner wanted a LOT of money per month and per year to have access to the board to read and post! Thankfully, that board got shut down a month later b/c no one was willing to pay that insane amount to have access to that board. That's why it's called F$W

For what it's worth... I'm usually a skatingforums person... but have been a member of FSU for a LONG time and occasionally posts here. (See my profile for my "Join Date.") These days I'm more a Facebook person though.
    Whoa, are you kidding? That is crazymakin'!

I happily donate to access the K&C. It's the least I can do to help Sharps out, and honestly, why not? That and FSU has the best skating news. And the PBPs are addicting, especially being unemployed and bored, so I stay up to snark with all of you wonderful people...

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Whoa, are you kidding? That is crazymakin'!
    No, I remember those days. I think I had just started posting on FSW when it got sold to iSkater and all of a sudden it was like, "Whoa, $70 a year just access the site? Screw you, I'm leaving!"

It was a perfect example of how not to do business on the internet.

Anyways, welcome to all new members and don't be afraid of the snark. Embrace it!

vCash
    I used to post on USFSA.org board.. not sure they still have the message board..

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast