Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    The only thing I can think of why Yuna wanted to leave Orser, this is only my theory, is because Orser lied about Mao's agent contacting him, in order to get a big contract with Yuna. Orser mentioned that he did not have a contract with Yuna. He only gets paid hourly.. so that got me thinking.. Maybe Orser wanted be on salary.. after all he guided her to the Olympic Gold Medal. I think he deserves it considering how much money Yuna is making. Briain hasn't been consistant on whether Mao's camp contacted him or not.. He actually seems to be confused about it.. that tells me he might be lying.. Taht's my theory.

I am not on neither's side.
    Not entirely impossible. But, then, he should have made his point clearly. YuNa may have been willing to pay more. If it was really his intention, it was hard for YuNa to get his point, apprently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    This is not the first time nor the last time. I bet ppl keep bringing up her name again and again. And ppl like you keep complaining again and again.
    As far as I have read, among the ppl here you are the one who is obssessed most with the name of Mao, never give up dragging her into this breakup issue again, again and again, even when ppl almost forget about her, and persistently trying never to let her name go. You seem you never take a rest nor sleep on this.

vCash
    http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...eir-split.html

Orser sent me(Philip Hersh) and Korean broadcaster SBS a copy of an April 25 email he sent to Kim, in which he attempted to assure her that although he was approached about coaching Asada, he had no interest in doing it and was focused on continuing to work with Kim. Here is that email.

Subject: rumours
    Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:46:04 -0400

Hi Yuna, hope you are well and getting some rest. i am sure you have heard some of the rumours that have been going around about Mao. I just want you to know that I am loyal to you and am always here for you. Her agency did inquire about me ( and team ) working with her, I told them that you are my first priority. I have to say that I was flattered she has an interest, but your skating comes first.

Let me know if you have any concerns or thoughts. I wanted to contact you and tell you how this all happened.

When are you arriving? and do you have any idea what you are feeling for next year? maybe we should talk about this.

All the kids are missing you here at the club.

Please be in touch. B
    If Orser made up 'totally' other skater story, it doesn't seem that he sent 'Hersh' this email.
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 08-26-2010 at 10:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    As far as I have read, among the ppl here you are the one who is obssessed most with the name of Mao, never give up dragging her into this breakup issue again, again and again, even when ppl almost forget about her, and persistently trying never to let her name go.
    Read carefully! My comments on her in this thread is not dragged by me. They're answers and quotes like this and like above.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    You seem you never take a rest nor sleep on this.
    Check my history before you judges rashly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post

I'd like to tell Orser this: Brian, I know you genuinely loved Yu-Na. I could see that in your eyes last four years. But all the media fuss YOU started really hurts Yu-Na, your beloved first pupil who led you to coaching career. You even hit her again revealing her LP music. So disappointing given your fame and integrity. Please, please stop all the media play.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you and this is enough.
    But still 1 queston remains.
    Why?
    and
    Why now?

Does he really cares about Yuna and wishes her the best like he mentioned in the interviews? Or is there something else?

Banned Member
    vCash
    I am getting sick of reading Orser's interviews... hopefully I get some David Wilson action tomorrow, a lot of it if possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeYNow View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you and this is enough.
    But still 1 queston remains.
    Why?
    and
    Why now?

Does he really cares about Yuna and wishes her the best like he mentioned in the interviews? Or is there something else?

That seems to be the main question over all this. I know it's mine.

If Orser so cares about Yu-Na the way he says he does, why break this so publicly in the first place? And why now? Did he feel so insecure about his 4-year relationship with Yu-Na that he felt he needed some public attention to back him up with his side of the story? Some of the posters here say he's been "classy" in his interviews and actions in all this. Come on people, we all know what "class" is. Orser saying he loves Yu-Na, that he wants the best for her, then saying "I know she'll be fine", while kicking her again, figuratively, is not in any way "classy".

vCash
    Oh boy.......... Im really getting sick of all this. Whatever happened between them, It should have and could have ended much nicely. And It seems like Orser is the one making it worse right now. I want to tell him to shut up.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeYNow View Post
    Why now?
    Because it's happening now?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash

I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    Maybe everyone needs to learn something.
    For sure, Brian needs to learn how to be fired with grace and dignity and a shut mouth.
    ^^

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonyasfan View Post

If Orser so cares about Yu-Na the way he says he does, why break this so publicly in the first place?
    Yu-Na Kim is the Olympic gold medallist. Did you just expect her to be able to show up one day with a new coach and no-one comment on what happened to Orser? Like it or not, that's not the way things work especially when you are a skater as high profile as she is.

And why now?
    Because he got fired three weeks ago and Yu-Na's team had still not made any statement to the press. Orser has other skaters to take care of and the nearer it got to the Grand Prix Series the more distracting it would have been.

I know it is probably useless talking to you and your fellow Yunabots who think your Queen's shit doesn't smell, but the real reason why this is exploding out of control (in Korea and Canada anyway ) is because Yu-Na management have been clueless as to how to properly handle the situation.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Wow, this is really turning into a frenzy.

This makes Frank and Michelle's split seem like small potatoes.

What I find unsettling is this quote from Yuna, from Hersh's article:

"Do you really think that I was happily training for the past four years without any problems, as it would have seemed to the outside world? Our relationship was awkward for the past few months and only a few days ago did we completely end the situation. If you knew about what happened, you would understand how even more completely surprised and flabbergasted I was to read the contents of Brian Orser's interview in the news."
    That sounds like a pretty strong insinuation to me. I don't think Yuna would make such an implication lightly. Maybe she was really unhappy with Brian and, like someone said earlier, asked her mom to "handle" the situation so she could avoid any potential confrontation. Maybe Brian wasn't the supportive rock we all thought he was.

In any case, whatever the truth is, I do think Brian has said enough to the media. I mean, sending Hersh a copy of a private email between him and Yuna, is a pretty big breach of trust IMO and does not exactly cast him in the most positive light.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Yu-Na Kim is the Olympic gold medallist. Did you just expect her to be able to show up one day with a new coach and no-one comment on what happened to Orser? Like it or not, that's not the way things work especially when you are a skater as high profile as she is.

Because he got fired three weeks ago and Yu-Na's team had still not made any statement to the press. Orser has other skaters to take care of and the nearer it got to the Grand Prix Series the more distracting it would have been.

I know it is probably useless talking to you and your fellow Yunabots who think your Queen's shit doesn't smell, but the real reason why this is exploding out of control (in Korea and Canada anyway ) is because Yu-Na management have been clueless as to how to properly handle the situation.

Wow, "Yunabot", "the Queen's shit doesn't smell", huh? Thanks for your nice welcome to this board.

I agree that Yu-Na's management has not handled this properly. So much "shit" (that seems to be a normal word to use on this board) could have been saved if they made their decision and announced it.

Having said that, it is also true not all "fired" coaches of Olympic gold medallists go out in public like this. If he had any intention to clear communication or reconcile whatever strained relationship they had, he could have gone to Yu-Na and her team to do so, IMHO. And I don't know about you, but those stuff that got out in the media are not entirely friendly. This was certainly not the best way to break the news.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I suspect Orser is taking care of himself now and his current skaters more than *caring* about how sad Yu-na might be. They fired him. He doesn't owe her anything. They don't have to be friends. He doesn't need an invitation to the wedding. Orser is media savvy and Kim is a 19 yo with a parent who suddenly thinks they know more about running a management company than they do. This is what happens when people suddenly become wealthy. The Kim team would have been far better off to have hired an experienced publicist and agent who would have advised them on the best way to present themselves.

Fortunately, this will pass soon enough and Orser can turn his attention back to the skaters who are actually paying him.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I suspect Orser is taking care of himself now and his current skaters more than *caring* about how sad Yu-na might be. They fired him. He doesn't owe her anything. Orser is media savvy and Kim is a 19 yo with a parent who suddenly thinks they know more about running a management company than they do. This is what happens when people suddenly become wealthy. The Kim team would have been far better off to have hired an experienced publist and agent who would have advised them on the best way to present themselves.

Fortunately, this will pass soon enough and Orser can turn his attention back to the skaters who are actually paying him.

Indeed. Let bygones be bygones. Let Orser pay attention to where the money is.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Indeed. Let bygones be bygones. Let Orser pay attention to where the money is.
    I suspect he will as soon as all the reporters and skating fans get bored and move on. He can't do that as long as there are people waiting around to photograh that *single sad tear*
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I suspect he will as soon as all the reporters and skating fans get bored and move on. He can't do that as long as there are people waiting around to photograh that *single sad tear*

People will get bored soon enough. There are other more exciting things in life than this old soap opera that some people decided to break out to get some attention.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Wow, "Yunabot", "the Queen's shit doesn't smell", huh? Thanks for your nice welcome to this board.
    My pleasure.

Having said that, it is also true not all "fired" coaches of Olympic gold medallists go out in public like this.
    Yes, most of them sit at home with a big box of chocolates, a few boxes of tissues and a sad film. Maybe Orser didn't get the memo?

If he had any intention to clear communication or reconcile whatever strained relationship they had, he could have gone to Yu-Na and her team to do so, IMHO.
    Have you not read any of the articles where Orser said his calls and e-mails were not returned? Or that he talked to Yu-Na last Thursday?

And I don't know about you, but those stuff that got out in the media are not entirely friendly. This was certainly not the best way to break the news.
    That's the fault of Yu-na's management. They could have been the first to get the news out and control the message. For some strange reason they didn't and it makes them look highly unprofessional.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    My pleasure.

Yes, most of them sit at home with a big box of chocolates, a few boxes of tissues and a sad film. Maybe Orser didn't get the memo?

Have you not read any of the articles where Orser said his calls and e-mails were not returned? Or that he talked to Yu-Na last Thursday?

That's the fault of Yu-na's management. They could have been the first to get the news out and control the message. For some strange reason they didn't and it makes them look highly unprofessional.

Again, I agree with you that Yu-Na's management didn't handle this situation properly. But maybe they thought it was true when Orser kept saying many times over the years, that this relationship was "based on faith and trust" and "We [Yu-Na and Orser] don't have to talk to understand each other. There is not much language involved in our relationship."

Still, people who trust each other - the people I know - don't do things like this media debacle. Maybe Yu-Na's party just thought that Orser undestood the situation without actually speaking verbally to each other. Obviously he didn't. Yes, Yu-Na's party was naive and "unprofessional". They shouldn't have trusted Orser in their nice Korean way.

vCash
    TO . Orser

“Talent is God given, be grateful. Fame is man-given, be humble. Conceit is self-given, be careful”

With much contempt for your actions during last few days…

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast