Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 986
  1. #781

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,017
    vCash
    1561
    Rep Power
    4990
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Maybe were being more harsh on yuna because she is Olympic gold medalist and is known for her humility so more is expected? Plus I don't remember chan saying neg stuff on Twitter bout his coach. And yuna and orser looked like bffs so this is a shock.
    It wasn't a shock with mao's coach cuz he didn't do much for her lutz amount other things.
    Well Chan's former coach made a few comments but wasn't giving interviews to Hersh talking about how mistreated he was and talking about how he doesn't think Chan knows why he was fired but that it as Chan's parents decision. Perhaps if Lee had done that, Chan just might have reacted. Its pretty clear Yu-na was upset about the things Orser was saying and even Orser said the girl was defending her mother. You have to understand that Yu-nas mother was getting slammed in Korea due to Orser's interviews, and Orser may not have said her mother is evil, but the man is media savvy and he knew his words would lead to Yu-na's mom getting criticized.

    Brian was also giving interviews all over in the Korean Press. Not only to major, but every minor one who asked. I wouldn't say that Brian didn't provoke Yu-na because he certainly did. Not saying that she was correct for what she did, because she could have reacted in a more mature manner, which she did by deleting the tweet. But to just blame Yu-na for that is ridiculous, its clear she felt Orser was being unfair in his portrayal of the situation. And in one instance we know he was, its very clear from second hand sources and other things he said that there was nothing shocking or out of the blue about them ending things in August 2 seeing as Yu-na wasn't responding to his emails and the like by his own words.
    Last edited by bek; 08-28-2010 at 02:02 AM.

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    ...

    As for not teaching students new skills, Well I think Gao is pretty impressive and she has a 3flip/3toe which she didnt' before. What he does with Adam Rippon will show what kind of coach he is when it comes to teaching new skills as well.

    I think its frankly unfair for some to argue that Orser did everything when Yu-na was clearly one of the top 2 skaters in the world, before she ever came to him. But its also unfair for people to argue Brian did nothing, when Yuna was also dealing with major injuries and also improved in a lot of areas.
    Bek-- Orser is well known as a technical coach. Many skater's from novice through international senior travel there in the summer to train with him. He has worked with Lambiel, Joubert, Verner so what is your point? He is respected as knowledgeable.
    A good coach at the elite level has to be a smart manager as well. Coordinating all of the skater's team to be on the same page. Now we see how difficult Mrs. Park was to previous coaches as well as in Canada. I would say he did a great job managing the chaos.
    After a few months with Orser, Rippon landed 3 triple axels at JW in 09, so again what is your point?

  3. #783

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6669
    [QUOTE=Yunaonlyhope;2857481]Just saying this is how it is done doesn't cut it.

    The well-loved Canadian Champ Patrick Chan walked out of his coach Don Laws without really "consulting" or "informing" Don Laws. It came to a point where Don Laws had to fire Patrick Chan. No one in this forum reprimanded Patrick Chan saying this is not how it is done. So, why a double standard for Yuna? What did she do, that Patrick Chan didn't.

    QUOTE]




    I am afraid you are mistaken. The Chan Wars were raging in this forum, and every aspect of his treatment of Don Laws discussed. Sure, it did not amount to 2 full threads, but then Patrick has not just won an OGM with Laws guiding him.

  4. #784

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    trapped in a red state
    Posts
    1,377
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's totally random. We meet in secret and draw names out of a hat. Last season we drew Yu Na's name. This season we're all going to start hating on Fleur Maxwell.
    Hey, when did that happen? I thought we all agreed to start hating on Mirai. Didn't get the memo on that one.

  5. #785
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ya and chan didn't look like he was bffs with his coach yuna and orser did look like that, even if it was just portrayed that way in the media it looked really believable. Those kinds of relationships are rare hence the shock.

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well Chan's former coach made a few comments but wasn't giving interviews to Hersh talking about how mistreated he was and talking about how he doesn't think Chan knows why he was fired but that it as Chan's parents decision. Perhaps if Lee had done that, Chan just might have reacted. Its pretty clear Yu-na was upset about the things Orser was saying and even Orser said the girl was defending her mother. You have to understand that Yu-nas mother was getting slammed in Korea due to Orser's interviews, and Orser may not have said her mother is evil, but the man is media savvy and he knew his words would lead to Yu-na's mom getting criticized.

    Brian was also giving interviews all over in the Korean Press. Not only to major, but every minor one who asked. I wouldn't say that Brian didn't provoke Yu-na because he certainly did. Not saying that she was correct for what she did, because she could have reacted in a more mature manner, which she did by deleting the tweet. But to just blame Yu-na for that is ridiculous, its clear she felt Orser was being unfair in his portrayal of the situation. And in one instance we know he was, its very clear from second hand sources and other things he said that there was nothing shocking or out of the blue about them ending things in August 2 seeing as Yu-na wasn't responding to his emails and the like by his own words.
    One more thing...
    Orser was critical of her as the CEO of her management team, not her parenting style. He never said she was a bad mother. That is what we are doing.
    And for the record, Orser gave 1 only 1 interview with the Korean press, SBS, and from that interview other media quoted him. Get you facts straight. That is why this tread is a so long. People are fighting about contacts that never existed about money issues that have been stated aren't there and about what Yuna or Brian's personal feelings are No one knows that.
    By the way, look back I solved this riddle a long time ago.

  7. #787

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,017
    vCash
    1561
    Rep Power
    4990
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclare View Post
    Bek-- Orser is well known as a technical coach. Many skater's from novice through international senior travel there in the summer to train with him. He has worked with Lambiel, Joubert, Verner so what is your point? He is respected as knowledgeable.
    A good coach at the elite level has to be a smart manager as well. Coordinating all of the skater's team to be on the same page. Now we see how difficult Mrs. Park was to previous coaches as well as in Canada. I would say he did a great job managing the chaos.
    After a few months with Orser, Rippon landed 3 triple axels at JW in 09, so again what is your point?
    If I thought he wasn't knowledgable or a good technical coach, I wouldn't have pointed out that Orser taught Christine a 3flip/3toe, or mentioned that he fixed Yu-na's 3flip. By mentioning Christine and Adam, I was praising him. I think its fair to say that the person should see what he does with Christine and Adam before she says he can't teach his students new skills. As someone who is not an insider, I could not know if he was a good jump coach until I saw the success of his elite skaters, but Christine in and of itself convinced me, as did Adam's performance at 2009 Junior worlds.

    It wasn't me saying Orser wasn't knowledgable, it was the other poster.


    One more thing...
    Orser was critical of her as the CEO of her management team, not her parenting style. He never said she was a bad mother. That is what we are doing.
    Than why didn't he say her management came in and fired me, if he wanted to critize her management. Because no management by themselves has the authority. Instead he specifically said I would be able to coach Yu-na again "if her mother decides." He was absolutely presenting a picture of Yu-na being her mother's puppet. I'm sorry but it was never Orser's place to say that Yu-na was confused about why he was fired, or that he and Yu-na don't know why.

    Once he went there, he absolutely was presenting a picture of her mother forcing Yu-na to do something Yu-na didn't want. And whether Yu-na had seperate management or not, the management on its own cannot fire a coach without some permission from either the skater or the skater's parents.
    Last edited by bek; 08-28-2010 at 02:18 AM.

  8. #788
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,708
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The well loved canadian champ Patrick Chan?? LOL I thought many of us hated him.

  9. #789
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wasn't following the Patrick fiasco on the boards , but one big difference ,off the top of my head, is that Patrick was not continuing to stay at don Laws rink , keeping the drama going among his other students.

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    One thing I don't understand is that you guys seem to fault Brian for everything that's happening. To me, it's Yuna and her team. All the way through this, they have refused to give their own side of the story and yet call Brian a liar but never explain the story from their point of view. In addition to that, Yuna just writes bratty comments on her twitter regarding her coaching situation. Honestly, I never liked Yuna personally--she never had a humble demeanor and even more so, she never had a strong sense of maturity. Everything she always said seemed so whiny and immature.

    You guys can disagree with me but that's how I see it. I mean is it really necessary or even mature of her to say (on twitter), "Do you really think it was great to be with Brian all those years."

  11. #791

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,568
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    19956
    We don't hate SuperChan? You mean all my death threats and packages of dog dirt to his rink and slanderous internet rumours have been WASTED? That totally sucks.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  12. #792

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,591
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3317
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I wasn't following the Patrick fiasco on the boards , but one big difference ,off the top of my head, is that Patrick was not continuing to stay at don Laws rink , keeping the drama going among his other students.

    I have to agree with this. Why is gawds name is she still skating there? IMVHO, that is incredibly stupid. There are plenty of other rinks she could go to nearby, no need to skate in that one to keep fueling the fires.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

  13. #793
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,667
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Brian and Adam are in Champs Camp in Colorado. The eighth picture is of them discussing Adam's routine.

    http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f13990314.html

  14. #794

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,017
    vCash
    1561
    Rep Power
    4990
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    One thing I don't understand is that you guys seem to fault Brian for everything that's happening. To me, it's Yuna and her team. All the way through this, they have refused to give their own side of the story and yet call Brian a liar but never explain the story from their point of view. In addition to that, Yuna just writes bratty comments on her twitter regarding her coaching situation. Honestly, I never liked Yuna personally--she never had a humble demeanor and even more so, she never had a strong sense of maturity. Everything she always said seemed so whiny and immature.

    You guys can disagree with me but that's how I see it. I mean is it really necessary or even mature of her to say (on twitter), "Do you really think it was great to be with Brian all those years."
    Why should Yu-na explain fully her side of the story? What's the point. Her position is that her reasons for ending her relationship with Brian-are private. And that they shouldn't be displayed to the rest of the world. She called Brian out on "lying" because she felt
    1. He was wrong when he said that he wasn't told the reason. (Can either Orser or Yu-na prove whose telling the truth
    2. He was wrong in presenting it just as her mother's decision even if yes her mom broke the news. She wasn't saying he was lying there, she just wanted to clarify to the world that she was the decider to defend her mother as not a puppetmaster.
    3. He was wrong that it was out of the blue because they had problems for awhile.

    The thing is the top three above, are all things neither can prove.

    And she never said it "wasn't great" to train with Brian, she just said it "wasn't all Joy" i.e they had issues. Now maybe that was bratty to say but there was the fact that her wonderful agency had blamed the Mao rumors. And I actually think Yu-na was trying to deflect from that because who knows how Koreans would have reacted if Mao or the Japanese federation was responsible for the "dream team breaking up." So in that context, I thought it was good for her to say that her relationship with him had problems.

    The thing is once again, there's nothing left for Yu-na to say, other than why she broke up with Orser. And why does she owe the world that? Why does Yu-na have to defend her right to end her relationship with her coach to the World, just because her coach is a nice guy? Should I have to defend my reasons for breaking up with my boyfriend to everyone I know just because my boyfriend is a nice guy? Is the fact that my boyfriend is a nice guy necessarily mean he's the best boyfriend for me? Is the only way I can prove to others that I'm a good person, if I dumb a nice guy is if I give them all the reasons I dumped the guy? No thanks.

    Just because Yu-na didn't feel the need to reply to Hersh the exact reasons for why she decided not to be coached by Brian anymore, doesn't mean she didn't have good reasons. And in the end it doesn't matter what her reasons are because its her decision who she wants to be coached by and it has to be someone she feels comfortable with.

    I agree she should leave the Cricket Club though.
    Last edited by bek; 08-28-2010 at 03:04 AM.

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,263
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I would think that training with any coach, anywhere is NOT GOING TO BE FULL OF JOY ALL THE TME.

    Could it be that Yu-Na has become a tad bit too popular & simply let it go to her head.......all the glory in various areas & all the money pouring in from these ventures?

  16. #796
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Why should Yu-na explain fully her side of the story? What's the point. Her position is that her reasons for ending her relationship with Brian-are private. And that they shouldn't be displayed to the rest of the world. She called Brian out on "lying" because she felt
    1. He was wrong when he said that he wasn't told the reason. (Can either Orser or Yu-na prove whose telling the truth
    2. He was wrong in presenting it just as her mother's decision even if yes her mom broke the news. She wasn't saying he was lying there, she just wanted to clarify to the world that she was the decider to defend her mother as not a puppetmaster.
    3. He was wrong that it was out of the blue because they had problems for awhile.

    The thing is the top three above, are all things neither can prove.

    And she never said it "wasn't great" to train with Brian, she just said it "wasn't all Joy" i.e they had issues. Now maybe that was bratty to say but there was the fact that her wonderful agency had blamed the Mao rumors. And I actually think Yu-na was trying to deflect from that because who knows how Koreans would have reacted if Mao or the Japanese federation was responsible for the "dream team breaking up." So in that context, I thought it was good for her to say that her relationship with him had problems.

    The thing is once again, there's nothing left for Yu-na to say, other than why she broke up with Orser. And why does she owe the world that? Why does Yu-na have to defend her right to end her relationship with her coach to the World, just because her coach is a nice guy? Should I have to defend my reasons for breaking up with my boyfriend to everyone I know just because my boyfriend is a nice guy?

    Just because Yu-na didn't feel the need to reply to Hersh the exact reasons for why she decided not to be coached by Brian anymore, doesn't mean she didn't have good reasons. And in the end it doesn't matter what her reasons are because its her decision who she wants to be coached by and it has to be someone she feels comfortable with.

    I agree she should leave the Cricket Club though.
    Of course now I believe Yuna has nothing to say because it's all out here now.... We're just a tad confused as to what really happened. But I really think the way in which Yuna and her camp treated this was beyond terrible.

    So what if the reasons are private? She and her camp could have at least come out first and told the world first before things got messy. Yuna is a big star, and there was no way this kind of thing was not going to slip even if she wanted it to be a secret.

    If she made this decision for herself, she should be proud of it. Instead, she's acting as though she's ashamed of it, and to me that's a big mistake and shows great immaturity.

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think if yuna was upset about Japanese skaters being at the club then she would have left there long ago instead of staying. She is still at the club so she must like it there somewhat.

  18. #798

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,568
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    19956
    "Instead, she's acting as though she's ashamed of it, and to me that's a big mistake and shows great immaturity."

    Maybe she is ashamed of it. Just sayin'.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  19. #799

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,236
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11522
    Why should she explain her side of the story??? Perhaps because "her side" and her actual involvement in this mess is in question and she has contributed to the questioning with her emotional outbursts and accusations of lying on Orser's part.

    Per her own declarations and insistence, Yu-Na is an adult. As such, she should stop acting like a spoiled and wronged child and deal with this mess. She can't claim she's an adult who makes her own decisions and then run from the controversy she has helped create. Yu-Na is a wonderful skater, but she doesn't get a free pass when it comes to celebrity or controversy any more than any other skater does.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

  20. #800
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,154
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaonlyhope View Post
    The well-loved Canadian Champ Patrick Chan walked out of his coach Don Laws without really "consulting" or "informing" Don Laws. It came to a point where Don Laws had to fire Patrick Chan. No one in this forum reprimanded Patrick Chan saying this is not how it is done.
    Surely you jest. Patrick was heavily criticized in this forum for his behavior.

    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70363

    And for those of you who cannot get to the Archives, I will be happy to post some examples to prove it if necessary.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •