Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    David Wilson broke his silence on Orser's revealing Yuna's new program music.

Wilson said he did not know anything about Orser's plan of revealing her program music to the media. Orser did not discuss his plan with Wilson before Orser did the interview. He was shocked to hear the news.

Sorry, it's in Korean.

http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=a...ntry_id=126582

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDrop View Post
    Oh man there is no reason for this to continue, and this is getting more irritating and outright pathetic by day. Orser has been fired like tens of millions folks here, and that is all there is to it. People are getting fired all over, and they are not asking for why what when how, etc. I know he is a millionaire by the way, and he should be grateful for that.

It is time for Orser to suck it up and take it like a man and move on. There is absolutely no point to continue making himself available to the media, and this does not help anybody. It is time for Orser to show some balls.
    I can't agree more.

vCash
    IMO they should both shut up.
    I understand the need to announce that him and Yuna have parted but he should have just left it at that. And there's no reason to say he thinks she should leave the rink and or keep talking to the media.
    And she shouldn't have kept stringing him along all summer and then been so noncommittal when he asked to her face what was going on.

I just feel so sorry for them both at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Is this first time for him to be fired or fail to re-up? To me, it looks like he is totally different person after the break up.

Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received. - by Seneca.
    Yuna was Brian's first full time skater at an elite level.

That Star interview sounds like he is relishing in all the suferring he hopes to blame on Yu-Na and her mom.

He wants to sound like the wise old sage teacher but this is unknown country to him . . . and his inexperience shows also.

It doesn't sound like he is going to admit or accept any blame for the ugliness this has turned into.

The more Yu-na hurts the stronger, the more powerful and self-righteous he seems to become.

Fire him, will they? He'll rub their face in it.

Yeah I'm upset. . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    One thing I don't get is why Yu Na and her team are being so secretive about it.
    I know you must enjoy all the fuss, but don't you think they don't say the split reason as courtesy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    IMO they should both shut up.
    I understand the need to announce that him and Yuna have parted but he should have just left it at that. And there's no reason to say he thinks she should leave the rink and or keep talking to the media.
    And she shouldn't have kept stringing him along all summer and then been so noncommittal when he asked to her face what was going on.

I just feel so sorry for them both at this point.
    She didn't do it. It was Orser who sorta neglected her along all summer.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    I know you must enjoy all the fuss, but don't you think they don't say the split reason as courtesy?
    Well, if someone was blatantly lying about my actions and my professionalism in the way many are willing to believe Orser is doing to Yu-na and her mom, then you would think I'd want the truth to get out...unless, I really don't.

Plus, how courteous can you be after feeling so incensed that write a huge public statement on your site and a twitter claiming the person who is telling his story to media is lying but then not explain anything further.

Quote Originally Posted by lakewood
    She didn't do it. It was Orser who sorta neglected her along all summer.
    Like when he sends her continuous emails to which she or her team never answered or when he spoke to her in person and told her team to let him know how much time he should put aside for her?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    It may be that Yuna is very non-confrontational and therefore did not want to tell Brian that they were going to go a different route, much less why. I believe Brian when he says that Yuna didn't explain things when he talked to her, but she may not have been confused. She may just not have wanted to deliver the news to him or explain things to him. But, she really should have.
    People who fear confrontation will twist themselves and a story into a pretzel to avoid it. They will manipulate the facts and dodge the truth in order to save face or keep the peace.

For a person who is direct and straight-up (as Brian seems to be) such behaviour can be infuriating and crazy-making, and appear to be lacking in integrity. I can see how Brian would be both angry and hurt and don't fault him for speaking to the media (which is of course hounding him). To me, his statements indicate integrity and honesty, and I'm inclined to believe his version of the story.

vCash
    Like when he sends her continuous emails to which she or her team never answered or when he spoke to her in person and told her team to let him know how much time he should put aside for her?
    That is his side story. YuNa swears to God she never did anything unrespectful to him.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    That is his side story. YuNa swears to God she never did anything unrespectful to him.
    Maybe she doesn't see what he's describing as disrespectful.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    People who fear confrontation will twist themselves and a story into a pretzel to avoid it. They will manipulate the facts and dodge the truth in order to save face or keep the peace.

For a person who is direct and straight-up (as Brian seems to be) such behaviour can be infuriating and crazy-making, and appear to be lacking in integrity. I can see how Brian would be both angry and hurt and don't fault him for speaking to the media (which is of course hounding him). To me, his statements indicate integrity and honesty, and I'm inclined to believe his version of the story.
    Is Brian the 1st coach in history who was fired by skater? Other fired coaches including Carrol thought they deserved it? Did Jeremy leave Tom Z only after his kind permission?

Blergh
    vCash
    Yeah well, a lot of those situations had the person ending the partnership in a timely manner as to not cause unreasonable tension at the rink and made a timely public announcement as opposed to...well, not saying anything then getting angry when it was made public weeks later.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Banned Member
    vCash
    I heard Orser hired a lawyer. Someone please confirm this?

vCash
    Yeah well, a lot of those situations had the person ending the partnership in a timely manner as to not cause unreasonable tension at the rink and made a timely public announcement as opposed to...well, not saying anything then getting angry when it was made public weeks later.
    Why not Orser is that person. He was dealing with a 19 old girl and her inexperienced mom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8gr8h8 View Post
    It's the gal who's been calling people out who should have a shut mouth, not Brian.
    But hasn't Yu-na shut her mouth. She said the tweet she said her statement. Then Brian went on tv. Yu-na said nothing after Brian went on tv and according to the reporter her and her mother said "no comment."

Why can't Brian do the same. He said his side of the story, over and over again, why say more. Why make comments like "they got what they deserved." I don't see it taking the high road. The high road would be saying, I answered things, I'm done.

Maybe she doesn't see what he's describing as disrespectful.
    Or maybe there was other stuff that happened before which led to her not responding to his emails. If they were already in a fight, she might not have been ready to respond to the emails.

The thing is there's always two sides to the story. I'm not at all saying Yu-na is the 100% innocent victim, I don't think that. I think everyone here likely did something wrong.

Blergh
    vCash
    Why not Orser is that person. He was dealing with a 19 old girl and her inexperienced mom.
    Orser isn't the one who got angry after it was made public. Also, if Kim's mother is that inexperienced, then she has no businesses being Kim's representation (not to mention C.E.O. of her management agency) considering what a public figure Kim is and what a huge franchise she has become.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    But hasn't Yu-na shut her mouth. She said the tweet she said her statement. Then Brian went on tv. Yu-na said nothing after Brian went on tv and according to the reporter her and her mother said "no comment."
    There's always tomorrow.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Well, if someone was blatantly lying about my actions and my professionalism in the way many are willing to believe Orser is doing to Yu-na and her mom, then you would think I'd want the truth to get out...unless, I really don't.
    Unfortunately, it's within AT Sport's discretion to open all the reasons even though you insist your right to know.

Plus, how courteous can you be after feeling so incensed that write a huge public statement on your site and a twitter claiming the person who is telling his story to media is lying but then not explain anything further.
    Don't forget Orser started all the fuss which is very uncommon. Have you even seen a coach who issued a public release on the split before? Or a former coach who revealed a new program music?

He said he didn't receive any response during Kim was staying in Korea for the ice show in July. AT Sports said their relationship with Orser became uncomfortable since May. I guess the situation was changed in May.
    Last edited by eyh201; 08-26-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    The thing is there's always two sides to the story. I'm not at all saying Yu-na is the 100% innocent victim, I don't think that. I think everyone here likely did something wrong.
    One thing I feel Orser did wrong was to provide SBS and Phil Hersh copies of his personal email to Yu Na. That was ridiculous and I'm not sure why he did it, unless he really felt the Mao rumor stuff was a big reason in the fracture. Or it was his way of answering criticism for the Mao thing since it seems to be a big deal to a certain demographic of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by eyh201
    Unfortunately, it's within AT Sport's discretion to open all the reasons even though you insist your right to know.
    Then they shouldn't get angry if all people have to go by are detailed accounts of Orser's side of the story when all Kim and her team can come up with is begging people to have blind faith in them.

vCash
    He was dealing with a 19 old girl and her inexperienced mom.

There is only so long a period that people can continue to use the inexperience of Yu-Na's mother as an excuse before it gets old. Sorry, but they've gotten into enough trouble throughout the years to have learned from their mistakes at this point. If they can't handle the business side of things in a professional manner, then they should hire a professional to do it for them.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast