Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    I don't get the last part. Does that mean he will block Yuna from hiring other coaches and custom designers from her old team?

“She’ll be fine. I know she’ll be fine,” he said. “I know that they will grow from this and maybe they’ll learn something from this, because coaches are people and costume designers are people and you have to be kind of prepared to make changes.

“I’m not the only one to be let go from this camp and I won’t be the last.”
    No.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I don't get the last part. Does that mean he will block Yuna from hiring other coaches and custom designers from her old team?

“She’ll be fine. I know she’ll be fine,” he said. “I know that they will grow from this and maybe they’ll learn something from this, because coaches are people and costume designers are people and you have to be kind of prepared to make changes.

“I’m not the only one to be let go from this camp and I won’t be the last.”
    Actually, no, I think what he means is, no matter what happens in the future, he (referring himself as a coach) will not be the last one to be let go, there will be other coaches, and costume designers, and other people involved with her skating that will also be let go eventually (which makes sense, there is no rule to say that a skater has to stick with their coach/choreographer/costume designer throughout their whole skating career).

Anyways...here comes round 2...let's see if this thread can make it to 1000 posts...hehe

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Is it just me that Orser's way immature for his age?
    I am now very interested in psychiatric aspects of the series of Orser's actions and comments so far....
    Immature in what way? Other than he apparently dared to disagree with Team Yu-Na's version of events.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    I don't see why he shouldn't talk to people who ask him questions. It's not like he's done anything wrong. except maybe be Canadian
    I don't think he's doing anything wrong, but I can't imagine he wants the media focused on this issue. It doesn't do him, Kim, or any of his students any good. And as long as he'll continue to answer questions, the media will keep asking. What he said yesterday and this morning was enough. There's no need to keep elaborating.

And while plenty of people are unfairly attacking him, I don't see how it has anything to do with the fact he's Canadian, just that he's at opposing sides to a popular skater.

vCash
    What he said yesterday and this morning was enough.
    When do you think Brian gave this interview with the Toronto Star? A few minutes before the interview went online?

vCash
    It seems Orser still wants to believe Kim is just looking after her mom.

But based on the tone of her note on Cyworld, she's not. Kim is quite good at writing in Korean so that you can easily notice what she's genuinely trying to say if you know Korean.

I'd like to tell Orser this: Brian, I know you genuinely loved Yu-Na. I could see that in your eyes last four years. But all the media fuss YOU started really hurts Yu-Na, your beloved first pupil who led you to coaching career. You even hit her again revealing her LP music. So disappointing given your fame and integrity. Please, please stop all the media play.

vCash
    I think it's amusing how there's suddenly lots of wonderful new posters (aka Yunabots) popping up and taking digs at Brian - quite a contrast from the worshipful attitude accorded to him whilst he was serving as the High Priest to the Goddess. How swiftly the winds change, eh?

I say, rock on Brian - he's handled himself well thus far and is entitled to speak the truth when he's asked about it.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Phil Hersh follows up with Yu-Na Kim's web statement, Orser's email that was shown on SBS, plus his comments about Mao Asada and David Wilson: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...eir-split.html

vCash
    Maybe everyone needs to learn something.
    For sure, Brian needs to learn how to be fired with grace and dignity and a shut mouth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    When do you think Brian gave this interview with the Toronto Star? A few minutes before the interview went online?
    When I said this morning, I meant on TV. No need to do any more interviews after that.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    For sure, Brian needs to learn how to be fired with grace and dignity and a shut mouth.
    More like Team Yu-Na needs to learn how to fire someone with grace and dignity.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    Kim is quite good at writing in Korean so that you can easily notice what she's genuinely trying to say if you know Korean.
    Yes, it is too bad that Orser struggles so much communicating in English. Otherwise we'd know what he's really trying to say.
    Creating drama!

Blergh
    vCash
    Even if the fired person feels that the nature of the break-up was unprofessional and that the employer made a public statement that they felt misrepresented what happened that could thus harm his/her reputation and future prospects?

Both sides made public statements. Orser gave reasons why he made the first announcement. Even if you don't buy it, they make sense. ATS then said he was the one who broke it off, to which he felt the need to clarify the situation, and then the situation escalated.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    Actually, no, I think what he means is, no matter what happens in the future, he (referring himself as a coach) will not be the last one to be let go, there will be other coaches, and costume designers, and other people involved with her skating that will also be let go eventually (which makes sense, there is no rule to say that a skater has to stick with their coach/choreographer/costume designer throughout their whole skating career).

Anyways...here comes round 2...let's see if this thread can make it to 1000 posts...hehe
    So with your interpretation, Brian is saying Yuna should have anticipated what happens when she lets him go.

vCash
    Is this first time for him to be fired or fail to re-up? To me, it looks like he is totally different person after the break up.

Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received. - by Seneca.

Lurrrrve Laura Lepistö
    vCash
    It's the gal who's been calling people out who should have a shut mouth, not Brian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Is this first time for him to be fired or fail to re-up? To me, it looks like he is totally different person after the break up.

Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received. - by Seneca.

I used to like him, but that feels to be a million light years ago. He is one bitter guy.

vCash
    Oh man there is no reason for this to continue, and this is getting more irritating and outright pathetic by day. Orser has been fired like tens of millions folks here, and that is all there is to it. People are getting fired all over, and they are not asking for why what when how, etc. I know he is a millionaire by the way, and he should be grateful for that.

It is time for Orser to suck it up and take it like a man and move on. There is absolutely no point to continue making himself available to the media, and this does not help anybody. It is time for Orser to show some balls.

Blergh
    vCash
    What the heck are you guys talking about? When people feel that they get wrongly terminated or when they are in a bad working environment, you bet they make a big stink about it.

Not to mention, that according to the initial ATS statement, they said he was the one who terminated it, isn't that right? This wouldn't have exploded so much if they didn't string him along all summer then get defensive about Yu Na's image when he finally decides to make it public so he could move on.

One thing I don't get is why Yu Na and her team are being so secretive about it. If Orser is the one in the wrong here, then they should clarify the situation with something more than "Stop lying B!" and "I can't tell you what's going on but please trust me that I'm speaking the truth." They can still be "classy" and not resort to what some people think as bitter behavior but actually tell us something. The way it looks now, it seems that Yu Na and her team are hiding something.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I used to like him, but that feels to be a million light years ago. He is one bitter guy.
    I'm still supporting him as of now.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast