Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 986
  1. #281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    I agree. I am not saying Orser isn't a great coach, but when media focuses how great his contribution was to Yuna's success, they seem to completely neglect just how important Yuna was for Brian to build his career as one of top coaches in the industry in such a short period of time. It was Yuna who dug him out of somewhat mediocre show skater career into the full time coaching and shared her spotlight+media followings with him since 07 worlds when she made her first world record performance.
    This. Just go back to the thread about Yuna's coaching choice in 2006 and we'll see tons of worrying comments on how he was not established as a coach blah blah...
    I'm not saying he is not a good coach. He is. But the fact is, it was Yuna who helped him to develop as a great coach.

  2. #282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, Englandia.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    12,275
    vCash
    581
    Rep Power
    0
    ^Get you. Also, Yu-Na was a fantastic skater before she went to Brian. Of course, he helped her tremendously, but still.

  3. #283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    454
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Doesn't Yuna deserve Orser's gratitude for his success as much as he deserves her gratitude for hers because he owed Yuna as much as She owed him careerwise.?

    I don't see him expressing his gratitude, if talking about her mother isn't his way of showing it.
    Last edited by amaro; 08-26-2010 at 06:45 PM.

  4. #284

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,931
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4720
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Well she hasn't done a great job of showing that gratitude this past month has she? However it should not be ignored that Yu Na and/or her team have consciously frozen Orser out instead of tackling any perceived problems head on; have not given him fair explanation of what was wrong when he was fired and have treated him in a most unprofessional manner as a result. Yu Na had a meeting with Orser last Thursday when she could have put an end to it all there and then. Why did she mislead him? Why did she just cry and say she was confused when she's the one who DECIDES? Team Yu Na have brought this on themselves I'm afraid. And I'm so sick of hearing this whole different cultures/miscommunication excuse, it doesn't wash.

    Of course Brian should be greatful and I'm sure he is. But if the treatment he is getting from her supposed 'fans' is the trade off I do wonder if he thinks 'was she worth it?' (And to that matter any coach soon to be approached would be well advised to consider 'is she worth it?' if this is the way they are to be treated.) Kim got waaay more from Brian than a bit of polishing and you know that. Totally biased commentary from Bezic, Browning and Tracy Wilson, all his Canadian connections leading in to Vancouver, not to mention protection from the media in Korea. That's a helluva bridge she just burnt IMO.
    Floskate once again, you don't know Yu-na' side of the story. Its totally possible that they did try to break up nicely but Orser is angry that they broke it off. I mean look at how much money Yu-na's shows are that he's losing out on. Yes we know Yu-na wasn't talking to Brian at the Cricket Club, but we don't necessarily know why. You only have Orser's word that she was awful mean for no reason. Tracy Wilson isn't coming out and saying anything, and David Wilson is also saying nothing. So until then we have Orser saying Yu-na froze me out for no reason, and Yu-na saying that's not the case. No real proof on either side of whose telling the truth. And totally possible that there's a misunderstanding here.

    To condemn either side of being awful based on hearsay is frankly unfair.

  5. #285
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,090
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    You are wrong. The e-mail (as described by Orser) was what happened in May when YuNa was in Korea. In Toronto, they saw each other everyday. Why use mail. He just could tell them about joint statement. I think he had no intention to do it.
    You believe that they responded to what he said in that e-mail at some point? What evidence is there of that? You know that they were responsive to him in person? How would you know that? You believe that Brian was lying when he said that he found out about Yuna's plans for the season via the Internet? Nonsense. The fact that they were there in Toronto for some of the time has nothing to do with whether they were responsive to him. And when he did sit down to talk to Yuna last week, she apparently was very unresponsive. (But IMO anybody who really thinks that Yuna herself is driving not only decisions but PR specifics is in denial.)

    And a joint statement is not something you "tell them about." It is something you do together after a discussion. There was absolutely no reason for Brian to believe that Team Kim was willing to communicate with him and do a joint statement. And there was absolutely no reason for Brian to want to announce the split the way he did. It's not good for him. It would have been much better for him if they actually would have spoken with him and they could have jointly released a statement with good spin. Most people would have understood if Yuna had just said that she wanted to spend more time in Korea. But I think it's probably apparent by now to even Yuna's biggest apologists that Team Kim's strength is not communication and PR.

    I adore Yuna and she is my favorite female skater, but she and her team screwed up in how they handled this. People make mistakes. Kim and her team have made mistakes here -- from not communicating with him to giving conflicting stories about what happened, to calling Brian a liar and on and on. But, I think there are certain ubers who will believe whatever they want to believe in this situation, even talking themselves into believing that Brian wanted things to go down this way and that Team Kim happily would have talked to him about what was happening if only Brian would have asked and then "told them" how to announce the decision.

  6. #286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookingood View Post
    Same story over and over..
    nothing new?
    I think that Brian going to do another interview with any media soon. He seem to enjoy this situation.

  7. #287
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17170
    I think Orser is going to be occupied with Champs Camp these next few days.

  8. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
    I don't know who started but I still believe that things gotten worse when Orser made the '3A' comment in a conference after the Oly (remember Yuna's face when she heard that ? and didn't she say that she wasn't happy about Orser's comments in interviews ?).
    I have been thinking about this, too. I wonder if the issue of the other skater is just a red-herring and Brian keeps bringing it up because *he* thinks it's relevant. But what if she felt too much pressure because of the 3A comment. After all, she'd just achieved her lifelong dream of OGM. After that you need some time to breathe and to unwind.
    And so she cuts communication/gives him the cold-shoulder because maybe she's angry at the pressure she perceives he's applying. Or maybe she just doesn't want to disappoint him if she's having doubts about continuing. And then it just snow-balled from there. All my own speculation, of course.

  9. #289
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    383
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love Yuna, or Yuna's skating. I also admire her generosity through recent years for charity. However I'm very disappointed about the way she and her management handling this matter. It could be done so much better.

    I don't know any of them personally. From reading these articles and Yuna's interviews before this I have the following impression:

    Yuna said herself several times that she was not sure that what she's going to do with her skating career, keep competing or go pro. She pulled out of GP series without consulting with Brian.

    Brian said that Yuna's mom gave him blessing to take on other skaters during the off season as they had not decided what to do for the next season.

    Yuna's management accused nobody take care of Yuna so they have to do it on their own, making decisions without consulting Brian.

    Brian claims that his agent sent multiple emails to both Yuna and her agent to follow up about their working together without getting any response.

    Coaches need to coach to make a living, I can't see why it would be an issue Brian coaches other skaters. Also Brian made it clear he will focus on Yuna as long as she wants to train with him.

    My take is that Yuna wanted to turn pro but was not quite happy with the lose to Mao at the 2010 World and wanted to end it at a high note. But it is quite a challenge to win against Mao again under the new rules. She openly expressed the feeling against the change of rules. I'm for the new rules, more reasonable and fair. Sorry for getting off topic. But my point is that Yuna might be torn by the idea of trying to end her amateur career by winning the world in 2011( or win it againt Mao) and the uncertainty of the competition. So she was uncertain what to do. I think that they wanted to keep the option of training with Brian but now might have decided to focus on shows, so the firing of the coach. This is pure speculation.

    I feel very sorry for Brian. But this could do more harm to Yuna than to Brian. If Yuna kept silent it would have been better for her. Now with those untasteful statement she came across as an ungrateful, rude woman rather than the previous sweet, charming young lady. What a pity. I'm so sad their relationship ended this way. Canadians see her almost as one of their own and she really hurt many people badly. I for one stop being a fan of hers officially now. I was a big fan of Yuna and I even travelled to the states to see her performance. Wish Yuna all the luck in the future for her skating career. I think that she might just need it.

  10. #290
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,221
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19676
    Quote Originally Posted by aisurukoto View Post
    Look, it's not really that complicated. Their contract ends on April, and skater doesn't want to re-sign. It happens all the time in figure skating. I concluded we don‘t have to hold a debate, because this problem don't deserve it. Orser hope to complicate matters. His desire is at last accomplished.
    If that were the case, then ATS/Kim would have told him in April that he would never again coach Kim and that she was moving on instead of "taking a break" and "don't make time over the summer", and either the announcement could have been made then or on a mutually agreed-upon time in the future. Also, ATS wouldn't have issued a statement that Orser fired them, but instead that they had not renewed the contract.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  11. #291
    Vacant
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Here and there
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5719
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Floskate once again, you don't know Yu-na' side of the story. Its totally possible that they did try to break up nicely but Orser is angry that they broke it off. I mean look at how much money Yu-na's shows are that he's losing out on. Yes we know Yu-na wasn't talking to Brian at the Cricket Club, but we don't necessarily know why. You only have Orser's word that she was awful mean for no reason. Tracy Wilson isn't coming out and saying anything, and David Wilson is also saying nothing. So until then we have Orser saying Yu-na froze me out for no reason, and Yu-na saying that's not the case. No real proof on either side of whose telling the truth. And totally possible that there's a misunderstanding here.

    To condemn either side of being awful based on hearsay is frankly unfair.
    Bek did you even read my post? I don't need to know what happened over the summer to know that team Yu Na have screwed up in the way they've dealt with this. The rest of my post dealt with the 'who should be more greatful for having worked with who' nonsense being bandied about by you amongst others. Where did I condemn anyone for being awful? Get some perspective and stop twisting peoples words into something they aren't. If you really want to have a go about condemning people, there are plenty other posts here more suited to the purpose for you to have a go at!!

  12. #292
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    454
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.universalsports.com/blogs...+cardinal+rule

    Nothing new, but Universal Sports' take on the latest event.

  13. #293
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    hongligl- I agree. The reason why many people liked yuna other than her skating was her humility. This whole thing makes her look ungrateful by saying that about the last 4 yrs and the lie comment. If she didn't want to work with orser she should have said she just wanted a break or something to that effect and say on her site thank you to orser for all he has done.

  14. #294

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,931
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4720
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Bek did you even read my post? I don't need to know what happened over the summer to know that team Yu Na have screwed up in the way they've dealt with this. The rest of my post dealt with the 'who should be more greatful for having worked with who' nonsense being bandied about by you amongst others. Where did I condemn anyone for being awful? Get some perspective and stop twisting peoples words into something they aren't. If you really want to have a go about condemning people, there are plenty other posts here more suited to the purpose for you to have a go at!!

    Well your the one who kept on going on about how Yu-na was awful to the coach because she didn't respond to the emails. I'm saying you and I both have no clue why Yu-na didn't respond (or if even the above is true) and so we can't say she was awful and disrespectful to her coach for that. The Tweet she can be criticized for.

    For example, I may tell my boyfriend I'm angry with him, and say I don't want to talk to you right now. He may then start sending me emails, and I may not respond to that emails and actually be rather annoyed that he sent the emails, because I told him to leave me alone right now. See how in that circumstance if the boyfriend went around saying she was soo rude she wouldn't respond to my emails, I might have a right to be a little annoyed because he wasn't exactly presenting a clear picture of why. I had already said, that I wanted a break and to leave me alone until I'm ready to talk. And sometimes people say they don't wan to talk right now because they want time to think, make up their mind, so they don't anything rash or say anything hurtful.

    So without a clear picture of what happened, and none of us will ever have a clear picture because weren't privy for any of the converstations, its impossible for us to say someone was rude, someone was awful etc.
    I can see I hated how ATS responded publically because I got to read about that.

  15. #295
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    http://www.universalsports.com/blogs...+cardinal+rule

    Nothing new, but Universal Sports' take on the latest event.
    Yeah, seriously. He should've known better. As I told before, he acted worse than the zamboni driver at Cricket club... Major letdown from Brian.

  16. #296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    If she didn't want to work with orser she should have said she just wanted a break or something to that effect and say on her site thank you to orser for all he has done.
    Um... but.... didn't she just do that? Like on Aug. 2nd that she wanted a break? Or does it only work if she tell it face to face?
    And didn't she say thank you and wish good luck in your future in the first response from ATS?

  17. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    48
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I think Orser is going to be occupied with Champs Camp these next few days.
    Greatttttt!
    At least we can have a break from this mess for a while.

  18. #298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    90
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I simply don't understand why ATS didn't make an announcement after they decided to part ways with Orser. And I also didn't understand why Kim's mom even didn't tell ATS people in Korea about this separation.

  19. #299

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    However it should not be ignored that Yu Na and/or her team have consciously frozen Orser out instead of tackling any perceived problems head on; have not given him fair explanation of what was wrong when he was fired and have treated him in a most unprofessional manner as a result.
    Given the circumstances in June when Kim started to train alone, their relationship must have already been shaken at that time. But Orser said he was surprized by the split in August. I don't think Orser said everything between their relationship.

  20. #300
    Vacant
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Here and there
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5719
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    Given the circumstances in June when Kim started to train alone, their relationship must have already been shaken at that time. But Orser said he was surprized by the split in August. I don't think Orser said everything between their relationship.
    Maybe that's because he perhaps was never told what the perceived problem/s were hence his surprise on Tuesday. The lack of communication, not miscommunication is the crux of the matter here IMO.

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •