Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    According to Orser's agent, he's done talking about it:

Globe & Mail
    We can only hope. I do think he was treated very poorly by the Kims, but I would not describe his handling of this as classy, not by any stretch. And various attempts to portray himself that way seems duplicitous to me. Obviously she did not want her music revealed and he had to know that. To release that info, making it sound like a compliment, is a manipulative thing to do, and a low blow.

I hope they both move on to great things.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    ^ What about Jong-Hyeon Ryu?
    He's Yu-Na's first coach who used to be an ice dancer, and they have cordial relationship. In Korea, most skaters go on coach hopping to learn different skills without any rift. Apart from Park Bun Sun who used to be referred as Voldemort (LOL) by local fans, Yu-Na has amicable relationship with all the Korean coaches.

vCash
    I think Yu-Na's camp fumbled this BIG time but Brian is not a paragon of class either. I don't buy that he was completely in the dark or that he had no access to Yu-Na during the time she practiced at his rink. And when he did get the notice from Yu-Na's camp, he didn't even warn them of his upcoming press release or work together on one. Seems disgruntled and vindictive, but understandably so if his version is to be believed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    ...Obviously she did not want her music revealed and he had to know that. To release that info, making it sound like a compliment, is a manipulative, low blow...
    Or he just got carried away and said more than he'd intended to. I don't know. You don't know. Nobody except Orser knows, and he's not likely to show up on this board and tell us.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Orser felt the need to say his piece. In all of his communication with the media about this situation, he has been calm and composed. Any person, including Kim, her mother, and other team members, has the right to state his position without being villified. I believe he has been truthful. Maybe each side is trying to spin it their way, but Orser has always been a sensitive and sincere man. Of course, those who disagree will continue this quasi-debate with the same hysteria and intensity they have shown in these two threads.

Frankly, I think many people who have posted in these threads need to step back, take a deep breath, and think about what they are saying. People have the right to say pretty much whatever they want, but do they realize how ridiculous they sound?

In the end, all of this drama will go away. No one has died, after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Didn't Yu-Na's previous relationship with a coach in Korea end rather badly as well?
    YuNa had 4 coaches and a temporary coach. She still keeps good relationship with the 4 coaches. The temprorary coach who was with her for 4 months just before she left for Canada created an issue with her, but later she apologized formally.

vCash
    Or he just got carried away and said more than he'd intended to. I don't know. You don't know. Nobody except Orser knows, and he's not likely to show up on this board and tell us.
    Unlikely, but not impossible. I remember when Joe Inman posted a reply in one of the threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Unlikely, but not impossible. I remember when Joe Inman posted a reply in one of the threads.

You remember that? It was years ago.

eta: oh, you must mean he continues to post......ok.

vCash
    I thought that was pretty cool. Pity that the person whose question he answered was a complete ass about it.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    We can only hope. I do think he was treated very poorly by the Kims, but I would not describe his handling of this as classy, not by any stretch. And various attempts to portray himself that way seems duplicitous to me. Obviously she did not want her music revealed and he had to know that. To release that info, making it sound like a compliment, is a manipulative thing to do, and a low blow.

I hope they both move on to great things.
    Noway. On the contrary, I think she was treated very poorly by Orser.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I sincerely doubt this will impact Orser's coaching career. I'd send my kid to him in a heartbeat if I wanted someone to win, oh say, a world championship or an OGM. Somehow I doubt the Rippon or Gao family are looking around for a new coach.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I agree. I think he tried to balance defending his own position with complimenting Yu-Na (to ostensibly show he bears no ill will) and got carried away while talking.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Doesn't we all know how badly the split hurt Orser through his interviews? I hope he does not repeat himself again today because I just heard enough of it.

Banned Member
    vCash

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I sincerely doubt this will impact Orser's coaching career. I'd send my kid to him in a heartbeat if I wanted someone to win, oh say, a world championship or an OGM. Somehow I doubt the Rippon or Gao family are looking around for a new coach.
    Actually, they are probably as he can devote his attention more to their little dears.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I never purported to know why Yu Na has 'decided' she didn't want to be coached by Brian anymore. But you are right I don't know, and neither do you
    No I don't know. But I'm old enough to know that if someone stops talking to someone, they might have a good reason for it. And so not to jump to conclusions that the person is a horrible mean awful human being for not talking to their former friend, coach etc. Unless I know both sides of the story.

That's not called picking one side or the other, its actually called trying to be fair to both sides. Its rarely on side side is angels and the other is demons. I mean its soo possible Yu-na did treat Orser horribly. I'm not against thinking that. But I'm not going to make judgements on any one in a situation I don't know everything about.

What I can make judgments about is how both sides handle themselves publically. And I thought ATS was horrible to bring up Mao, and place the blame on Orser. I thought Orser was horrible to bring up the mother, all the intimate details. And I thought Yu-na was very wrong to say he "lied."

That's all I can fairly judge anyone on, how they are handling themselves publically. I can't make a judgment on whose right or wrong for firing, when I don't know what went happened in their personal relationship. And its not me saying this as a Yu-na bot, its me saying this as someone who wants to be fair to both parties.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    Doesn't we all know how badly the split hurt Orser through his interviews? I hope he does not repeat himself again today because I just heard enough of it.
    You do realise nobody is forcing you to click on a link for a news article about this? Or that you can turn off your TV? Perhaps even stay away from FSU.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Actually, they are probably as he can devote his attention more to their little dears.
    You're probably right. Now that's his relationship with Yuna has ended, Christina will become his no.1 priority.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    You're probably right. Now that's his relationship with Yuna has ended, Christina will become his no.1 priority.
    I think Adam Rippon just might provide some competition for that spot.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Banned Member
    vCash
    You do realise nobody is forcing you to click on a link for a news article about this? Or that you can turn off your TV? Perhaps even stay away from FSU.
    Well, I still want to check the news to see if they finally put things behind them and move on. Don't you?

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast