Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Why the heck didn't they release a joint statement though? It's like Brian knew it was an official decision, and Yu-Na's side was still in denial.
    Same reasons why there wasn't any communication between the two all summer?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I just watched this situation. For people who say leaking the names of the music to the media without the skater's consent is no big deal, i seriously want to check what they've got stuffed in their brains. Is this the kind of respect that Oser mentioned? Wow. If it is alright to do this, maybe from now on, we should drop our curiouity over the musical choice of all skaters. After all, thanks to Oser, practically anybody, including ex-coaches and spies won't be reprimanded for leaking information to the media. This is really not like him...It was imprudent of Oser to say so.

vCash
    orser said yuna should learn something from this but it's not yuna to learn. it's us to learn. don't do social life like him. it's stupid to claim "firing" when you are not doing any contract. and don't be a saddist who loves colleague so much and slashing them w/ media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    One thing is clear (to me). The ATS people in Korea had no idea of Orser being fired until that morning. That is why ATS wasn't prepared at all. They never thought he was fired. YuNa also said she was shocked by Orser's statement.
    So, he was fired, but nobody on Yu Na's team knew about it? Including Yu Na?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    Then perhaps people shouldn't complain about Brian talking about her mother, since her mother is her agent?
    People are complaining about Orser insisting that it was Ms. Park's decision all along to part ways, which is not true according to Yuna, no matter what capacity Ms. Park was playing.

vCash
    One thing is clear (to me). The ATS people in Korea had no idea of Orser being fired until that morning. That is why ATS wasn't prepared at all. They never thought he was fired. YuNa also said she was shocked by Orser's statement.
    I thought she was shocked by the other stuff he said, not the firing. Because she did tweet the bit about it being her decision.

vCash
    This is what David Wilson said regarding Brian's announcement of Yuna's Arirang LP:

프로그램의 안무를 담당한 데이비드 윌슨도 올댓스포츠를 통해 "브라이언 오서가 프로그램에 대해 언론에 공개한다는 사실을 전혀 모르고 있었다. 미디어와 인터뷰하기 전 프로그램을 공개하겠다는 단 한마디의 말도 하지 않았다"며 "이 상황에 무척 놀랍고 당황스럽다"고 입장을 밝혔다.

David Wilson who is in charge of the program's choreography revealed through ATS, "I had no idea that Brian Orser was going to reveal details regarding the program to the media. He didn't mention a single word about announcing the program even prior to his interviews with the media." And added "I am very surprised about this situation and rather confused".

(source: http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=a...ntry_id=126582)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    So, he was fired, but nobody on Yu Na's team knew about it? Including Yu Na?
    Yuna' side wanted a temporary separation not a divorce (in comparison with marriage). Maybe, it could lead to divorce but they never gave final notice on Aug 2. But, Orser denies it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I thought she was shocked by the other stuff he said, not the firing. Because she did tweet the bit about it being her decision.
    According to ATS, the official firing didn't happen on 8/2, rather they suggested that Yuna and Orser take some time off. She was shocked at Orser making the public announcement on 8/23.

vCash
    Brian, the next season is coming, Now focus on your skaters as you said. I'll support you and your skaters as I did before.

Yu-Na, practice hard, focus on yourself and make your show in L.A. the mega-hit ice show in the World.

Go separate ways!

"This too will pass away" - the sentence you loved.

vCash
    Yuna' side wanted a temporary separation not a divorce (in comparison with marriage). Maybe, it could lead to divorce but they never gave final notice on Aug 2. But, Orser denies it.
    Yup. It seems like Orser may have thought it was officially over on Aug. 2, but Yu-Na's side may have just thought it was a temporary thing. If I was Orser, I would NOT have went public with this until I had spoken to Yu-Na and could make a joint public announcement.

I can't get over how weird this story is.

vCash
    A part of me doesn't necessarily think Brian was intentially trying to hurt Yu-na by revealing the music. I think he maybe wasn't thinking and was perhaps trying to say something nice. But then again he knows how important and secretive music choices are, and so for him to reveal it was ridiculous.

Brian really needs to apologize to David for it. Just because Brian/Yu-na are over doesn't mean David/Yu-na have to be. And the thing is I'm sure David relys on confidentiality when it comes to his students and their programs. As the head of the Cricket Club, Brian really shouldn't be commenting on those things.

I know that I've criticized Brian but I'm not inclined to see him demonized either but I think the above is example of why saying the least amount of things necessary is wise.

The thing is to this music is very special and poignant music for Koreans so Yu-na might have very much wanted a special announcement.

vCash
    yuna, you chosen bulletproof to be your gala. but sadly, your bulletproof coach become a gun and now it's attacking you. he said he didn't want anybody to be in muddy. ironically he throws you into the mire. everytime you get out of the mire, he pushes your head and says " i hope you are happy. i support your future." you could see this scene in some horror movie. oh. this is not helping you but yuna plz think about it. in somewhere in the world, someone support you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Yup. It seems like Orser may have thought it was officially over on Aug. 2, but Yu-Na's side may have just thought it was a temporary thing. If I was Orser, I would NOT have went public with this until I had spoken to Yu-Na and could make a joint public announcement.

I can't get over how weird this story is.
    It should have been like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Brian, the next season is coming, Now focus on your skaters as you said. I'll support you and your skaters as I did before.

Yu-Na, practice hard, focus on yourself and make your show in L.A. the mega-hit ice show in the World.

Go separate ways!

"This too will pass away" - the sentence you loved.

I thought it was finally all over when he did the CTV interview this morning. Now I think he isn't doing an interview right now only because he needs to sleep. I really hope Brian doesn't talk to the press tomorrow, but somehow I don't see him letting it go any time soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    A part of me doesn't necessarily think Brian was intentially trying to hurt Yu-na by revealing the music. I think he maybe wasn't thinking and was perhaps trying to say something nice. But then again he knows how important and secretive music choices are, and so for him to reveal it was ridiculous.
    I agree... He probably mentioned her program/music in an effort to show people he cares about Yu-Na and her skating. But he's most likely going to regret revealing any music selections.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    I think it's amusing how there's suddenly lots of wonderful new posters (aka Yunabots) popping up and taking digs at Brian - quite a contrast from the worshipful attitude accorded to him whilst he was serving as the High Priest to the Goddess. How swiftly the winds change, eh?

I say, rock on Brian - he's handled himself well thus far and is entitled to speak the truth when he's asked about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    According to ATS, the official firing didn't happen on 8/2, rather they suggested that Yuna and Orser take some time off. She was shocked at Orser making the public announcement on 8/23.
    Her side has said both. Her cyworld letter outright talks about parting from her coach.

vCash
    This is sad really.
    I wish both of them learn from this and move on.
    One good thing about it is I don't get to watch that cheesy air con commercial anymore.

vCash
    I was impatient at the change in my hero.
    There are times when he needs to be quiet.
    And, he will know what's good for his whole life..
    Last edited by aisurukoto; 08-26-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast