View Poll Results: Who will coach Yu-Na?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mama

99 29.64%
  • TAT

8 2.40%
  • Arthurnian

29 8.68%
  • Frank Carroll

23 6.89%
  • Pam Gregory!!

0 0%
  • Richard Callaghan

7 2.10%
  • Morozov

12 3.59%
  • YNK and Asada will coach each other

68 20.36%
  • other

88 26.35%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    You think Pasha would put up with ATS's mismanagement? I guess if they give her enough money and don't blow smoke in her face, she'd be fine.
    Pasha was one of the first ones to visit the back stage and congradulate Yuna for her 09 Worlds victory in LA. I think her and Yuna can form a wonderful team.

FYI, if you are referring to the break up, the Yuna Orser post is still active and available for you to say all you want .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Pasha was one of the first ones to visit the back stage and congradulate Yuna for her 09 Worlds victory in LA. I think her and Yuna can form a wonderful team.
    And what's your point? She never had to work with her. I'm sure Brian was the first to congratulate her on her skate.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    And what's your point? She never had to work with her. I'm sure Brian was the first to congratulate her on her skate.
    Oh please spare me from saying same things over and over.
    The break up thread is still active for you to express all your obsessions.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Arthurnian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Oh please spare me from saying same things over and over.
    The break up thread is still active for you to express all your obsessions.
    Yeah because this thread is oh so serious. Yes, please let's have Pasha coach Yu Na Kim. Please let's discuss the logistics of it and see how beautiful her Korean LP will be when she doesn't perform it at Worlds.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Yagudin?

vCash
    My guess is that Yu-Na´s mother will select her a Russian coach, since the next Olympics are held in Russia, LOL.

vCash
    I really don't feel she needs a main coach to look after her every day. She has already shown enough poise and drive in route to winning her OGM and doesn't need to be told what to do.

She should instead gather team of best experts to advice her on various elements. Wilson & Bourne for choreo, Perhaps Kulik for jumps, Lambiel for spins, and definitly Pasha for extra flair.

Parting with her former coach could turn out nicely for her after all.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 08-28-2010 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    Now that I think about it, John Nicks will give her extra polish and clean up her line. He took back Sasha after all, so he might not have too much qualms about working with skaters represented by their mothers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I voted Mama because she is the only one speaking Korean and I strongly believe that 90% of the mess with this Brian sacking off was due to translation mess and cultural differences. Things are all good when there are no major problems but when things get complicated - communication is the key. Despite 9 million dollar worth of net they still did nto have a proper present person who knows English as well as Korean.
    They have to find one who speaks English and Korea and is willing to this kind of job (sport business). Not easy in Korea. Not easy in NA either.

vCash
    A good translator is not hard to find...

Many a high-schooler have a better grasp of Korean-English translation than Ms. Helen Choi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Amarant View Post
    A good translator is not hard to find...

Many a high-schooler have a better grasp of Korean-English translation than Ms. Helen Choi.
    Frankly they could just go to Yu-na's forum and do some recruiting (seriously)

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Surya Bonaly's mother.

I can see it now, "When Yu-Na was just an infant OGMist, Ms. Bonaly adopted her when she was refugee in America after being expelled from Canada. This nomadic life, of course, was nothing new to Yu-Na, having lived in exile from her native South Korea for fear of mobs swarming her . . ."

Banned Member
    vCash
    Russia Federation

and

Person who doesnot connected with IMG and Japanese Team.

vCash
    Michelle Kwan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    Now that I think about it, John Nicks will give her extra polish and clean up her line. He took back Sasha after all, so he might not have too much qualms about working with skaters represented by their mothers.
    Nick parted ways with Tiffany Chin because of her mother's interferences. There's only so much he will put up with.

After this whole mess with Orser, I'm not sure if any high-profiled coach would be too willing to dip his toes into the Yuna's camp right now. Yuna could always go back to the coach that she had prior to Orser.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Wasn't it Frank Carroll that stopped working with her due to the mother? I thought she left Nicks because of her injury/inability to jump anymore and needed a new coach.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    Wasn't it Frank Carroll that stopped working with her due to the mother? I thought she left Nicks because of her injury/inability to jump anymore and needed a new coach.
    There is no simple answer except contentious relationships and that her mother thought the grass was always greener. Furthermore, many skaters neither leave their coaches because of injury nor leave because their coach can't take them any farther except if the coach says so; coaches do not want to hold back their skaters. When Tiffany was jumping from Carroll to Nicks to Laws and trying to go to Fassi, she was just spinning her wheels and muddling her technique as she went.

Consider this, Tiffany was overtaken by Debbie Thomas, who was coached by Alex McGowan. At the same time, Brian Boitano was coached by Linda Leaver, Kristi Yamaguchi was coached by Christy Ness, Tonya Harding was coached by Diane Rawlinson and Dody Teachman, etc. It was not the coach that held back Tiffany. She could have gone to Carroll, Nicks, Laws, Fassi, Kohout, Luddington, Scotvold, etc., or a coach at a shopping mall rink and it would have made no difference.

vCash
    I feel that Yu-Na will stay in competitive skating for some more years barring a career-ending injury, as she seems sincere in getting the competitive programs done. And looking at the whole situation, Yu-Na’s new coach might be again somebody with limited experience in elite coaching. I wonder whether all of this would put David Wilson in a difficult position as to working with Yu-Na in the future. It would be a shame if that happens, since Wilson and Yu-Na have built such a good rapport and I believe they together can make many more wonderful programs. Although I sometimes want to see Yu-Na work with other choreographers, I would be happy to see her continue working with him on at least one program for each season.

vCash
    I notice most people believe Yu-Na's next coach will be her own mom. Gee, I had no idea her mom is a professional coach. But then, why did she turn to Orser to begin with so long as she can do the coaching job herself?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast