View Poll Results: Who will coach Yu-Na?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mama

99 29.64%
  • TAT

8 2.40%
  • Arthurnian

29 8.68%
  • Frank Carroll

23 6.89%
  • Pam Gregory!!

0 0%
  • Richard Callaghan

7 2.10%
  • Morozov

12 3.59%
  • YNK and Asada will coach each other

68 20.36%
  • other

88 26.35%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

vCash
    Don't jump to conclusion that anyone who says bad things about Yuna is a Mao fan. Maybe the same goes to a Yuna fan.
    There are people online who hate both Yuna and Mao, who hate both Korea and Japan.
    It seems they think it is much more convenient to them to use Mao's name to bash Yuna than to simply bash Yuna.
    Judging from NMURA's past posts, he/she is not much of a Mao fan or a Japan lover.

It might be possible NMURA is a IMG fan (or maybe a S/Z fan).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Don't jump to conclusion that anyone who says bad things about Yuna is a Mao fan. Maybe the same goes to a Yuna fan.
    There are people online who hate both Yuna and Mao, who hate both Korea and Japan.
    It seems they think it is much more convenient to them to use Mao's name to bash Yuna than to simply bash Yuna.
    Judging from NMURA's past posts, he/she is not much of a Mao fan or a Japan lover.

Nomura san! Stand on your feet and speak up!
    Your comrade is bashing you.
    Join Galaxy and be a good japan-uber. Figure skating is secondary.

vCash
    ITA for the first time. And do not jump to conclusion that Korean hate Japanese skaters and Japanese hate Korean skaters. I know lots of Japanese Yu-Na fans and Korean Mao fans.

Don't jump to conclusion that anyone who says bad things about ATS is an IMG fan (nor S/Z). Maybe the same goes to a ATS fan. JK JK
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Don't jump to conclusion that anyone who says bad things about ATS is an IMG fan (nor S/Z). Maybe the same goes to a ATS fan. JK JK
    Yes. I just said so as NMURA said he/she could understand Chinese.
    Sorry to S/Z fans!

vCash
    Yes. I just said so as NMURA said he/she could understand Chinese.
    Sorry to S/Z fans!
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    This might clear things up for you.
    Who is the skater kissing up to plushy?
    Okay, I got the wrong skater kissing Plushy... but I'm pretty sure it was Joannie Rochette who lost her mom at the Olympics!!! A BUNCH of us were crying as we saw the live feed for the Olympics and watching her cry after her short program. For what she was going thru... BRAVO!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzpants View Post
    Okay, I got the wrong skater kissing Plushy... but I'm pretty sure it was Joannie Rochette who lost her mom at the Olympics!!! A BUNCH of us were crying as we saw the live feed for the Olympics and watching her cry after her short program. For what she was going thru... BRAVO!!!
    This is so funny.. Add some slapstick act and you'll make a classic comedian, seriously. I'll believe you were watching the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    I have never seen Mao threads going south like this by Yuna fans.
    I think you never went to a Mao thread here in this forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onionviper View Post
    I think you never went to a Mao thread here in this forum.
    I'm a fan of both ladies. What is this rivalry between fans of each?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    I'm a fan of both ladies. What is this rivalry between fans of each?
    Those so called fans are mad.

I understand some prefer one skater over other. That some think one lady is a nicer person than the other. No matter from where they get their judging material for the last one.

Still - I am yet to understand why would trashing one skater make the other better as far as skating goes.

In my opinion - those people are not fans of anything or anybody. They are just bored and need something/somebody to be obsessed with.

As Mao's fan - good news about Yu Na makes me happy. If Yu Na is competitive and healthy, it will make competition much more interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Those so called fans are mad.

I understand some prefer one skater over other. That some think one lady is a nicer person than the other. No matter from where they get their judging material for the last one.

Still - I am yet to understand why would trashing one skater make the other better as far as skating goes.

In my opinion - those people are not fans of anything or anybody. They are just bored and need something/somebody to be obsessed with.

As Mao's fan - good news about Yu Na makes me happy. If Yu Na is competitive and healthy, it will make competition much more interesting.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jazzpants View Post
    In defense of RumbleFish, whose foreign English and Yu-Nadoration probably makes him look daft and inspires people to hastily "correct" him: I actually found it to be a clever response to your original confusion, jazzpants.

You're supposed to say "Wait, that was Joannie's mother who died in Vancouver!...just like...it was actually Mao who kissed Plushy's cheek!"

I wouldn't worry, though. It's apparently not just you, as it went over the heads of several other posters (museksk8r, Le Amarant, and VietgrlTerifa).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKPRINCESS View Post
    I wouldn't worry, though. It's apparently not just you, as it went over the heads of several other posters (museksk8r, Le Amarant, and VietgrlTerifa).
    I suspect it was more a matter of "I get it, I just don't want it."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    I suspect it was more a matter of "I get it, I just don't want it."
    Don't think so. Responses were a little too heated for that explanation to fly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKPRINCESS View Post
    Don't think so. Responses were a little too heated for that explanation to fly.
    That's just the thing, though. The tasteless joke was rather uglier than it was funny, especially when it appears to come from a loudly advertised (and daft) loathing. Those posters can speak for themselves, of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    That's just the thing, though. The tasteless joke was rather uglier than it was funny, especially when it appears to come from a loudly advertised (and daft) loathing. Those posters can speak for themselves, of course.
    OK, posters, step up and speak for yourselves.

However, I didn't take it as expressing any kind of loathing. What kind of loathing are you talking about? My understanding is that Joannie's story and performance in Vancouver was one of the most iconic moments of the past season--and the least likely to be mis-attributed to anybody else. It was more memorable to me than so-and-so winning Gold, which makes it a logical (if disagreeable) choice to point out a mistaken memory.

vCash
    Best of luck to Kim, Asada, and Rochette next season.
    Last edited by falling_dance; 09-16-2010 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Back to topic: Yuka Sato !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
    Back to topic: Yuka Sato !
    Not a reflection on Yuka, whose skating I personally love, but do you really think that some of the paranoid YuNa fans (I'm a fan of YuNa but not one of the paranoid ones) would ever countenance a Japanese skater coaching a Korean? Think about it.

You could be starting WWIII!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Not a reflection on Yuka, whose skating I personally love, but do you really think that some of the paranoid YuNa fans (I'm a fan of YuNa but not one of the paranoid ones) would ever countenance a Japanese skater coaching a Korean? Think about it.

You could be starting WWIII!
    It will be interesting if Yuka is to be a coach of Yu-Na. Against your expectation, there may be a peace from Japanese and Korean fans. There ARE lots of Japanese players coached by Korean and Korean players by Japanese. No objection or controversy from anywhere.

Anyway, she can not be the one out of two American male coaches Yu-Na said.
    This too will pass away.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast