View Poll Results: Who will coach Yu-Na?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mama

99 29.64%
  • TAT

8 2.40%
  • Arthurnian

29 8.68%
  • Frank Carroll

23 6.89%
  • Pam Gregory!!

0 0%
  • Richard Callaghan

7 2.10%
  • Morozov

12 3.59%
  • YNK and Asada will coach each other

68 20.36%
  • other

88 26.35%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am not sure Yu Na would want it but if Jennifer Robinson can skate on Stars On Ice and Shae Lynn Bourne can as a singles skater then I cant for the life of me imagine they wouldnt want Yu Na. And if they dont they deserve to go bankrupt which they probably will soon anyway.
    Well SOI is a IMG production and Yu-na and IMG have some bad blood. However, I'm sure if each groups survival depended on it, Yu-na would be on SOI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'll be really surprised to see Yu-Na compete again at an ISU competition to be honest though. What more is there for her to achieve at this level? Where would her motivation to continue come from, besides to challenge herself? This sport is too expensive at this level just to continue for the sake of one's love for competition.
    Yu-Na made over $9 million in the past year... She could easily afford to continue skating if she loves competition and wishes to challenge herself. And, as others have mentioned, her chances of retaining sponsors will increase if she continues competing. I guess it will just depend how busy she is with outside opportunities/obligations and how much she desires to get the World title back. Sometimes when athletes win once, it motivates them to try to win again. I wouldn't be surprised either way if Yu-Na shows up at Worlds or not. But one thing is certain... She will need a coach to go to Worlds. I don't think she can do it on her own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    In short, you like Mao and dislike Yu-Na, right?

Black and white, right and wrong, guilt and innocence.. how typical of the single-minded Maotas.

Besides, what does it have to do with the topic of this thread. You must be busy posting your ever obviously insinuating remarks in every one of the Yu-Na threads. There are so many of them!
    When a poster starts calling you names rather than critiquing the actual content of the posts you've written, this is a sign that the poster simply doesn't like what you're writing but can't get his/her brains to naming what's wrong with it.

FYO, I was not the one that introduced the topic of Korean-Japanese into this thread in the first place.

And you should check and see if I have written 'insinuations' in every one of the Yu-Na threads rather than making allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    you and magnolia have so much in common. In fact - if we could pull out Mao Asada and Yu Na Kim out of your lives - you two would be best friends forever!
    I'm kind of offended that I'm suddenly being grouped together with a poster that I had not entered into dialogue with, kosjenka.

I think you had better volunteer yourself to be lowtherlore's friend than put me up to the task!

vCash
    Who really cares who her coach is......if she even continues to skate or not.

vCash
    It should be Arutunian. His coaching style, strength, location, not currently coaching an elite skater at this moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Well, Kim can't earn money as a pro skater. If she retires, millions dollars of all sponsor money will dry up. She has received no invitation from foreign shows after Olympics. Her ONLY overseas invitation was from Japan's Dreams on Ice in 2007 (which Asada and Ando refused to participate for some unclear reason). It's not a matter of motivation or achieving something.. Anyway, if she loses badly in Tokyo, the result will be same (no new endorsement/commercial contract).
    Ridiculous. How can you possibly know that? In reality, she received many invitations in the past, but she didn't go. In ATSS show last July, which was the first show her agency organized, she made at least 1 M$. Why would she go to foreign shows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    Ridiculous. How can you possibly know that? In reality, she received many invitations in the past, but she didn't go. In ATSS show last July, which was the first show her agency organized, she made at least 1 M$. Why would she go to foreign shows?
    How can you know she received invitations? In fact, DOI 2007 is THE only overseas show she participated. That was a disaster for both Kim and CIC (DOI organizer). ATS is a tax "management" company of Kim's sponsor money. I don't think they can make any money on its own. Without CF contracts they surely go bankrupt.

vCash
    How can you know she received invitations? In fact, DOI 2007 is THE only overseas show she participated. That was a disaster for both Kim and CIC (DOI organizer). ATS is a tax "management" company of Kim's sponsor money. I don't think they can make any money on its own. Without CF contracts they surely go bankrupt.
    How can you know Kim didn't receive show invitations. Shen and Zhao mentioned they were going to invite Yu-na to their show publically. Not sure why they'd say it publically if the intention wasn't there. The idea that Yu-na doesn't have potential for shows is frankly ridiculous.

vCash
    I know about S/Z. They wanted to invite Kim to AOI but (probably) faced IMG's refusal. That is not what I call an "invitation." If IMG is already in charge of China's ice show business at its birth, what a gloomy picture for Kim and ATS!

vCash
    I know about S/Z. They wanted to invite Kim to AOI but (probably) faced IMG's refusal. That is not what I call an "invitation." If IMG is already in charge of China's ice show business at its birth, what a gloomy picture for Kim and ATS!
    Don't be ridiculous any more. Not only S/Z, Plush invited her several times, and I heard about a few more invitations from European shows. (I read somewhere that S/Z declared they will succeed in inviting YuNa next year. So, I think the IMG refusal is a silly rumor. Why wouldn't IMG refuse S/Z's appearance in LA show?) But, YuNa declined all invitations, because she is busy producing her own shows. She produced ATSS in July, and she is going to open the LA show, probably the biggest show in US this year. Why would she go to other shows? She made a 1 M$ from ATSS, belive it or not. YuNa doesn't need IMG.

vCash
    According to SZ, they invited her but she refused because of schedule conflict

vCash
    Don't be ridiculous any more. Not only S/Z, Plush invited her several times, and I heard about a few more invitations from European shows. (I read somewhere that S/Z declared they will succeed in inviting YuNa next year. So, I think the IMG refusal is a silly rumor. Why wouldn't IMG refuse S/Z's appearance in LA show?) But, YuNa declined all invitations, because she is busy producing her own shows. She produced ATSS in July, and she is going to open the LA show, probably the biggest show in US this year. Why would she go to other shows? She made a 1 M$ from ATSS, belive it or not. YuNa doesn't need IMG.
    In cases of Korean music or sports events, it's quite common their corporate sponsors purchase the large part of "tickets" and hand out to shareholders or employees. I DOUBT ATS can make money from shows without sponsors. It all depends on Kim's performances in Tokyo. I can imagine that's an unbearable burden.

Quote Originally Posted by tianrushui View Post
    According to SZ, they invited her but she refused because of schedule conflict
    It could be the other way. Kim expected IMG's refusal and "declined" in order to save faces. Only S/Z know.

vCash
    In cases of Korean music or sports events, it's quite common their corporate sponsors purchase the large part of "tickets" and hand out to shareholders or employees. I DOUBT ATS can make money from shows without sponsors. It all depends on Kim's performances in Tokyo. I can imagine that's an unbearable burden.

It could be the other way. Kim expected IMG's refusal and "declined" in order to save faces. Only S/Z know.
    I think SZ really wants Kim. Even after the show, Zhao still says he feels sorry that Kim can't come and Kim agrees to come next year. And I don't know if IMG is involved in this show. If so, they didn't do a PR job this time...

vCash

I think you wish that's a unbearable burden.

If IMG is that powerful, why couldn't it stop S/Z performing in YuNa's LA show? S/Z canceled their appearance in the Carnival on Ice, which is run by IMG, to appear in YuNa's show. I can't imagine how the powerful IMG couldn't stop it.

I'm sure IMG will always welcome YuNa if she willing to appear on SOI.
    Last edited by lakewood; 09-08-2010 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    I think you wish that's a unbearable burden.

If IMG is that powerful, why couldn't it stop S/Z performing in YuNa's LA show? S/Z canceled their appearance in the Carnival on Ice, which is run by IMG, to appear in YuNa's show. I can't imagine how the powerful IMG couldn't stop it.
    IMG can't stop. America is a free country. S/Z just wanted to make a compensation of not inviting. They already participated THE ICE in July.

vCash
    Don't be ridiculous any more. Not only S/Z, Plush invited her several times
    http://sport.idnes.cz/pljuscenkova-e...5117_sporty_bb

Na financích nakonec ztroskotalo úsilí o vystoupení původně avizované Korejky Kim Ju-na, nové světové rekordmanky. "Její exhibici momentálně nikdo v Evropě zaplatit nedokáže. Říká si o honorář 20-30 tisíc eur, ale navíc chce uhradit i kompletní cestovní náklady pro sebe, maminku a fyzioterapeuta," poukazuje Majorová.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    S/Z said http://sports.163.com/10/0812/17/6DTCRQFK00051CAQ.html

此外,申雪赵宏博还透露,"今年由于合约和档期的原因,没能邀请到金妍儿,有些小小的遗憾,但明年她答应来 中国表演。"

Google translation-----
    In addition, Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo also revealed that "the contract and the schedule this year due to reasons not to invite children to Kim, some small regrets, but she agreed to come to China next year's show."
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    What is this thread turning into? Isn't it supposed to be a Yuna's next coach related thread?

It is official. Some Mao fans would post more trash (as in the Trash Can) in Yuna threads than in Mao threads because I have never seen Mao threads going south like this by Yuna fans.

Can't even stay with the topic and be snarky, can they.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-08-2010 at 10:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    I can understand Chinese and read it as the diplomatic courtesy of S/Z. We can make a conclusion on the IMG factor in China if Kim could participate Chinese shows next year, or "because of schedule reasons" again?

vCash
    ^ What part of "that's enough" you don't understand?

Stop trolling. There is a Mao's new coach thread going on somewhere else. Go away.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-08-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast