Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

It must be the year for it ~ Greek Royal Wedding Today in Greece

And before I get any "Where else would it be?" posts, the Greek Royal Family have lived in exile in London for many decades now since Greece decided to become a Republic (I'm not as knowledgable about the details as I am about other Royal Houses, so forgive me there) and banned from visiting Greece. That was lifted a few years ago and the Royal Family has been back there on several occasions and the last two Christenings in the Family have taken place in Greece. This however, is the first Royal Wedding in Greece since the ban was lifted. So even though they aren't a Ruling Royal Family/House anymore, just due to all of the back history, that's what makes this a *very* big thing.

Okay...Got that over and done w/!!

Here's the link to the pictures over at Getty. Click to enlarge, but when they come up, they'll be watermarked. Just so no one's surprised, but I have pretty good idea most members know this just from going over there to see Skating Pictures they've taken over the years.

August 25th, 2010 ~ The Royal Wedding of HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Miss Tatiana Blatnik ~ Getty Images

She made a gorgeous bride. Congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses and a blessed life together!!

vCash
    I love, love, love her wedding dress!

vCash
    It is a very pretty dress. I love the lacy little jacket.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Oh, so do I. It *does* look an awful lot like Autumn Phillips', Princess Anne's Daughter in Law, Wedding Dress though.

Not a big deal, but something I noticed. I love her flowers. Some Royal Brides (and Non Royal too ) go so over the top w/their bouqets. Really, really love Tatiana's.

vCash
    I love Madeline of Sweden's dress.

vCash
    Tatiana looked absolutely lovely.

Lotsa pastels and LOTSA cleavage.

Gorgeous color on Madeleine.

Princess Michael of Kent is slowly turning into Phyllis Diller.

vCash
    What a lovely bride.
    A lifetime of happiness to them!

vCash
    Loved the wedding dress, too. And I liked how the lace of the veil matched the lace of the dress.

Not a huge fan of CP Mary's dress, but I was just excited that her baby bump is now visible. (they're expecting twins!)

I was happy to see Lady Gabriella Windsor there, too, although she looked like the 3rd wheel as she followed her parents around. I will contend for as long as I live, that Ella's facial features are almost exactly like Queen Alexandra's.

I was actually surprised that Prince and Princess Michael of Kent showed up. They are basically minor English royals. But then I remembered the Prince Michael's mother was born a princess of Greece so it made more sense.

vCash
    I enjoyed seeing that even a princess can choose uber-ugly bridesmaid dresses!

OTOH I LOVE how a lot of the other dresses are classical greek-inspired--drapey flowy etc. Gorgeous!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post

OTOH I LOVE how a lot of the other dresses are classical greek-inspired--drapey flowy etc. Gorgeous!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post

LOL!! I know and weren't they awful!!! Complete w/hideous shoes/sandals.

My favourites among the others were Crown Princess Victoria and Crown Princess Letizia. W/Victoria choosing two Empire waisted and flowy dresses for the Party the night before and the Wedding, the obvious is she or isn't she postings have been going at the Royalty boards.