Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    Cupcake = Elena Sokolova
    Crapova Sisters = Doronina, Petushkova, Gozeva, etc. Pretty much every senior Russian lady between Slutskaya and Leonova.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Ok, maybe most of them had 'only' 3T-3T, but still had more of 3-3 recognised than American ladies.
    Well, that's exactly what I mean, they all do 3t-3t, it's getting really boring... and they didn't do much of them at Euros or Worlds. And btw, by American ladies, I also mean Joannie, though perhaps I should have said North American to be precise...

there are new French girls? awesome!! I'm gonna go watch their performances immediately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Anais Ventard (turning 13 in September)
    Wait, if she doesn't turn 13 until September, how can she compete in the JGP this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Cupcake = Elena Sokolova
    Crapova Sisters = Doronina, Petushkova, Gozeva, etc. Pretty much every senior Russian lady between Slutskaya and Leonova.
    Thank you for the info-crapova sisters is self explanatory but what made Sokolova "cupcake"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Thank you for the info-crapova sisters is self explanatory but what made Sokolova "cupcake"?
    I don't know the story behind that one but I've always assumed it was meant affectionately.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Wait, if she doesn't turn 13 until September, how can she compete in the JGP this year?
    I meant 14. typo. she was born in 1996

vCash
    It's not like doing 3t-3t is easy though. If it was, I'm sure we'd see a lot more ladies doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    IIRC Dick Button called her cupcake on one of the broadcasts.

vCash
    Well, if we're gonna name the new crop of russian ladies skaters, how about

Leonova - Perkova/Irina Wannabe

Makarova - Butryskaya Jr./ Johnny's Angel

Tuktamysheva - Mishin's Wonderbaby

Sotnikova - Anna Pavlova on Skates

Ovcharova - Voidy Princess/Dancing Queen

Agafonova - The Jumping Bean

Shelepen - The Jumping Stringbean

vCash
    Hmm I have never heard of the Crapova sisters listed at the top of the page. I guess they really were Crapovas then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Hmm I have never heard of the Crapova sisters listed at the top of the page. I guess they really were Crapovas then?
    Well, they came, they bombed, they went. We might see Gozeva at Rostelecom. yay.

vCash
    Well, they came, they bombed, they went. We might see Gozeva at Rostelecom. yay.
    Gozeva's the best of them, especially now that Gerboldt has gone to pairs...not that she was better than Gozeva anyways, but she was at least really pretty to compensate for it. I just am crossing my fingers that Petushkova doesn't get the COR slot

vCash
    Four years ago Cupcake was supposed to pick up where Slute left off. Instead she went into freefall and we ended up with the Crapova Sisters.
    too.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Gozeva's the best of them, especially now that Gerboldt has gone to pairs...not that she was better than Gozeva anyways, but she was at least really pretty to compensate for it. I just am crossing my fingers that Petushkova doesn't get the COR slot
    Petushkova won't get that spot. She came in dead last (14th) at RN this year. And if I'm wrong I'll eat my shoes. And then cheer her on when she switches to ice-dance. With Fedor Andreev as a partner.

vCash
    Petushkova won't get that spot. She came in dead last (14th) at RN this year. And if I'm wrong I'll eat my shoes. And then cheer her on when she switches to ice-dance. With Fedor Andreev as a partner.
    Petushkova was at COR 2 years ago though, and it wasn't like she was good back then either...

vCash
    Petushkova was at COR 2 years ago though, and it wasn't like she was good back then either...
    Yeah, that was the year she was Russia's silver medalist. Watching her chug around the rink was a real snooze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Well, that's exactly what I mean, they all do 3t-3t, it's getting really boring... and they didn't do much of them at Euros or Worlds. And btw, by American ladies, I also mean Joannie, though perhaps I should have said North American to be precise...

there are new French girls? awesome!! I'm gonna go watch their performances immediately
    Well, they may have done only 3T-3T and it may be boring for you, but it's not like US ladies have done that much better with their 3-3 combinations (even if you decided to include Joannie!) As far as I know, from North American ladies you could see 3-3 only from Zhang, Nagasu, Wagner and Flat (feel free to add some more if I forgot anyone) and they did not risk it at all competitions either, so why are you criticising europeans ladies? Having about 6 european ladies with 3-3 is not bad at all. And as far as I know, Joannie did not have last year 3-3 at all!
    Last edited by hanca; 08-27-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, they may have done only 3T-3T and it may be boring for you, but it's not like US ladies have done that much better with their 3-3 combinations (even if you decided to include Joannie!) As far as I know, from North American ladies you could see 3-3 only from Zhang, Nagasu, Wagner and Flat (feel free to add some more if I forgot anyone) and they did not risk it at all competitions either, so why are you criticising europeans ladies? Having about 6 european ladies with 3-3 is not bad at all. And as far as I know, Joannie did not have last year 3-3 at all!
    Agreed. 3t-3t is nothing to sneeze at. It may not be the most difficult 3-3 combination, but it's still a 3-3 and the fact that so many European ladies can do that and few American ladies can is saying something.

vCash
    Four years ago Cupcake was supposed to pick up where Slute left off. Instead she went into freefall and we ended up with the Crapova Sisters.

vCash
    Agreed. 3t-3t is nothing to sneeze at. It may not be the most difficult 3-3 combination, but it's still a 3-3 and the fact that so many European ladies can do that and few American ladies can is saying something.
    I always found that odd. Even handful of obscure ladies were capable of 3-3, like Poth, Drei, Pavuk, etc. Although..we did have our own Amber Corwin.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast